Japanese Train Slams into Building, Killing 52

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
AMAGASAKI, Japan (April 25) - A packed commuter train jumped the tracks in western Japan on Monday and hurtled into an apartment complex, killing 52 people and injuring more than 417 others in the deadliest Japanese rail accident in four decades.

Investigators focused on whether excessive speed or the actions of the inexperienced, 23-year-old driver caused the crash in an urban area near Amagasaki, about 250 miles west of Tokyo.

Full Story here *Warning AOL news*

Oh how sad. Those injured and the families affected will be in my thoughts and prayers. It just go to show you how quickly life can be taken and that you must always live for today because we are not promised tomorrow.

I read that news earlier. It's sad and they said that it's likely the train was going too fast, over the track's speed limit. The driver of the train only had 11 months experience.

I read about that this morning. Damn! A couple of the trains were practically flattened! :eek:

Very sad news,generally people of Japan take the duties very seriously,how it happened ? Carelessness of one person took the life of severals. :tears:

Back