Is your spouse/partner hearing, hard of hearing or deaf?

hailstorm100

Reaction score
My hubby is hearing, thank goodness he's so patient with me at times! :cool:

Before I was with my ex boyfriend which he is deaf :) but now I do not have boyfriend :)

I do not know if that good way to use girl/boyfriend or wife/husband as your sign/translater or interpreter. Cuz is that healthy way in relationship?

Me being deaf is new to us all MY husband does not cope with it very well .I need to learn to lip read asap

My hubby is hearing and we have been married for 23 yrs.

No, she wants to learn ASL, I was probably just acting a little too sarcastic about the subject.

My husband and I have spend 6 years together but knew eachother 7 years and married for 5 years.. He's so Wonderful man to be with.. Yes a very patience man, and very understanding man! He is wonderful with my children. altho He doesnt know lots of sign but we both do communicate great, when We socials with other people we both respect our wishes by making sure we don't get left out. if I have deafs coming to my place for cookout or party.. I always make sure He bring his friends too because I believe He should not be left out.. He can always chat with his friend.. or chat with my friends if they could understand him etc

I believe all relationship can be healthy if you both make a wonderful communications whether its with hearing or deaf or blinds or disbilities :)

Wendy

My wife is hearing as both of my kids as well. It is not a problem as I always have been able to hear well enough with a HA and now a CI.

My wife had indicated that if I ever went totally deaf (well I'm that now but the CI er...saved my bacon there), she would learn sign. Heck, I would have to learn sign too! :laugh2:

my husband is hearing and do not know any signs... My 4 years old son is hearing too... They are being patience with me.

My husband and I have been together for 9 and married for 7 wonderful years. He is hearing and our 4 children are hearing. ALL of them sign very well. Funny because he only learned sign so he could ask me out so he always tells people that he was REALLY motivated to learn. LOL

kmjbmama

Yes a very patience man, and very understanding man
Wendy, How true! these are so most important patience and understanding each others, No matter what couple lovers/ materials go through thick or thin/ bad or goodtime... :)

I believe all relationship can be healthy if you both make a wonderful communications whether its with hearing or deaf or blinds or disbilities :)

Wendy
I do actually agree with your quote: "relationship could be healthly through couple have great communcations each others... COMMUNICATION IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT in lover and healthly marriage relationship.

SEX is not communicate
HATE is not communicate
on and on negative list you name.

Communicate is Lister/ listening...
Communicate is love/ friend...
Communicate is trust/ confidence...

Communication is your homework and practice in relationship or friendship..

my husband is hearing and do not know any signs....
Ouch, thats tough!

My fiancee is pure deaf. we are togethers almost three years.. My opinion that I really prefer with deaf parther than hearing parther.. My pervious ex-wife was hearing, I have expirenced with this hearing lady, due lack of communication, understandable. of course some is my fault, when i was very young that never understand relationship nor marriage things.. Now I am so mature and I know what those meaning to my life much better than ever.. WARN: You never know your ex gf or ex wife can be tell your childern bad things about you. Just be careful.. because My ex ve done to my precious son jr. bad things about me. Like she tried to brainwash him turn against me for NO REASON.. My son is hearing. I knew him really love me, I aint blame him for his doings. I hate her what she put my son in middle of between her and me.. She better put my son off from the between her and me.. but she couldn't... she is very jealous of me.. she don't know how to move with her things, plus she seems not satisfy with her own hearning husband..

I am going to fight to get my son for fully custody..

Last edited:
I am deaf. I married a hearing husband. He know sign language. My son also. My husband think that sign language is very important. We are together for 12 years. Love, trust, commucation are very important to us.

I was divorced couple months ago. My ex wife is hearing. We agreed joint custody of our children because ex wife and I were together for 15 years ever in trust and honesty and understanding. She said I am only one good person and she never want to look another man to marry or relationship. It's long story I can not tell here. My son can sign pretty good! It seems he can be becoming interpreter. Her mom told me he is connect to me so strong!

Now I don't have girlfriend and want to fight my love back. I made few mistakes.

I also have one son, hearing , 14 years old teen! He is big! He does sports and chores. And I have daughter, hearing. She is such in my bookworm and spends time with my stargazing and fasicantes astronomy. She loves to play soccer.

Back