Is there anyway to stop sound flow working when I am cycling?

I cycle almost everyday and I don't wear my hearing aids because traffic is just way too noisy. I check behind me a lot and I also am looking into getting a mirror...haven't got around to it yet. You shouldn't rely on your hearing to bike just like jiro said..it's a bad idea to rely on your ha's to alert you.
I've never bought a bicycle without getting at least one mirror before I would even ride it. I can't imagine riding one without a mirror.

lol I got a mirror today and it works well :) Really don't know why I didn't think of it before hand!

lol I got a mirror today and it works well :) Really don't know why I didn't think of it before hand!

Yep. I have that hard-to-find ugly flexible-metal/acrylic glasses mirror that everyone raves about, and it works very well, no vibrations.

Even when I had HA's, I never wore them while doing bicycling, all I heard was the wind, and sweat would always get inside. Like Jiro said, you need to use your eyes and your other senses, not your ears. Ever notice that hearing people use mirrors? They can't hear cars coming up behind them while riding, as they hear wind and other noises too.

I have 2 CI's, and don't wear them while bicycling or motorcycling, as they are too much hassle. I tried cutting out the foam behind the ears inside my helmets and wearing them. I could only hear what is going on when stopped, and at speed all I could hear was the highly annoying wind whistle that all hearing motorcyclists complain about.

My solution was to iron "Warning - I cannot hear. Use Caution!" with the symbol of the ear with a slash through it, onto the back of my cycling shirts.

Back