Is there an AD memorial page for past AD members?

Death to this thread.

The more appropriate place to ask would probably be in Forum Feedback & Suggestions. If Alex wants to set up some kind of sticky file for memorials, it would be up to him.

Mixed feelings on this. Room for abuse, obviously. Threads have been created when someone has passed, such as the Restless_Heart one.

I still have my brother in law on my FB page, but he passed away in June. It was a bit upsetting to get a birthday reminder of him, but I can see how this would be way more painful for his widow. I guess there is a need for dealing with these things. What would work best?

had AD members who passed away by AD member made thread that was many years ago.... We have memorial for them few times then it becomes fade...short.

Sorry we cant bring them back.

That's true. However, Babyblue provided a link to a recent ADer death. Facebook might address it but I'm thinking more in line of consolidating ADers' passing and even news of well known or famous deaf/hh people who have passed away but that's not where I'm trying to go with. Babyblue provided a confirmation of one ADer passing, suppose you have new members who finds out their old friend or acquaintance they knew have passed away and didn't know about it. You'd have to search for it. But if it's all under one subforum, maybe that might make the process easier to find. That's my line of thinking. Of course, each of us sees this differently on how this information is to be relayed to the rest of the community. Some see it as "ghoulish" other sees it as an opportunity to learn the news and pay their respect. I am kind of stuck in between on that one.

i am still thinking weird you asking this question :dunno: very depress thread
if ad member die then people can going look facebook check them if they friend. but simple go make thread about ad die.

MyNameIsNO, you very inappropriate.

Nothing quite as daunting a newbie locking horns with Koko. :giggle:

I actually find this topic to be very interesting. As I said, I have family member that has died in the last 6 months, but I still get birthday reminders.

i am still thinking weird you asking this question :dunno: very depress thread
if ad member die then people can going look facebook check them if they friend. but simple go make thread about ad die.

There are many others threads you can use to get your feet wet...

Since I've been here, there's been a few posts on members that have passed. Having a page probably wouldn't be a bad idea, but then someone would have to moderate it. Dunno if it is worth it, maybe.

I think if anyone else asked this question, they probably wouldn't have been met with the same hostility.

Hey koko, you ever wonder why people don't like you around here?

i am not inappropriate ok? i not try insult koko just free expression of my opinion

I think if anyone else asked this question, they probably wouldn't have been met with the same hostility.

Sadly true. Lucky for him he has the rhino skin working.

Nothing quite as daunting a newbie locking horns with Koko. :giggle:

I actually find this topic to be very interesting. As I said, I have family member that has died in the last 6 months, but I still get birthday reminders.

Does that upset you? Getting birthday reminders? If so, can you turn it off?

A lot of people like me around here but what does that have to do with this thread?

Does that upset you? Getting birthday reminders? If so, can you turn it off?

I suppose I could, but would need to stop getting any birthday reminders at all, or delete him from my buddy list. It is not a big deal to me, just that I imagine it bothered my sister and her son a great deal more; and they certainly are not alone.

I suppose I could, but would need to stop getting any birthday reminders at all, or delete him from my buddy list. It is not a big deal to me, just that I imagine it bothered my sister and her son a great deal more; and they certainly are not alone.

I still have my wife and Dad in my cell phone.... Strange I know

Back