Is there an AD memorial page for past AD members?

I still have my wife and Dad in my cell phone.... Strange I know

I remember deleting his (BIL) number from my phone. It was a sad moment. He was my home repair guru; when there was problems, he would offer his expertise and his hands.

My FIL died two days before Christmas (fatal heart attack while checking on the laundry in the basement). It sure made for a strange holiday... plus I lost my favorite card playing partner.

My FIL died two days before Christmas (fatal heart attack while checking on the laundry in the basement). It sure made for a strange holiday... plus I lost my favorite card playing partner.

That's too bad, I'm sorry.

I can relate. My mom died the Saturday night before Mother's Day. My husband died a week before his birthday.

Since I've been here, we've had a few people pass away.

Miss Spotted Horse, Restless Heart, and, Tongue of Fire. Two of these members were older members and passed away several years ago. I've been a member since 2004. If you want to do a search, you can. I don't know if Miss Spotted Horse is still in the member directory or not. However, when she was, someone added the designation of "deceased" under her name. Tongue of Fire had Lupus and died from complications of the disease. If you care to, you can do a search of her username and I'm sure there's a thread that will come up. The memorial thread for HER was locked so that it's no longer revivable causing pain to people who knew her IRL.

I, myself, nearly passed away in 2005, but that's another story.

It's been known to happen and there have been a few REAL members who have died. The only memorial those that exists or existed was TOF's. I actually think it would be nice to have something along the lines of a memorial for those who were members here and have passed on. However, due to what happened with Byrdie, someone would have to verify the passing before AD members are notified. That, ofc, is to save us a lot of unnecessary drama.

Just my .02

So, there is no need for one or do you think it'd be good to have one?

Actually I was wrong...I have known two who have passed away. However, I said no memorial threads were made for them. One was made for one of them but the other one, not sure.

In my opinion, it would be nice but everyone has different feelings about something like that so it would all depend but yea, why not make one.

Since I've been here, we've had a few people pass away.

Miss Spotted Horse, Restless Heart, and, Tongue of Fire. Two of these members were older members and passed away several years ago. I've been a member since 2004. If you want to do a search, you can. I don't know if Miss Spotted Horse is still in the member directory or not. However, when she was, someone added the designation of "deceased" under her name. Tongue of Fire had Lupus and died from complications of the disease. If you care to, you can do a search of her username and I'm sure there's a thread that will come up. The memorial thread for HER was locked so that it's no longer revivable causing pain to people who knew her IRL.

I, myself, nearly passed away in 2005, but that's another story.

It's been known to happen and there have been a few REAL members who have died. The only memorial those that exists or existed was TOF's. I actually think it would be nice to have something along the lines of a memorial for those who were members here and have passed on. However, due to what happened with Byrdie, someone would have to verify the passing before AD members are notified. That, ofc, is to save us a lot of unnecessary drama.

Just my .02

And AmericanChopper

i am still thinking weird you asking this question :dunno: very depress thread
if ad member die then people can going look facebook check them if they friend. but simple go make thread about ad die.

Then, back out of the thread without adding anything. *shrug*

Also, facebook is a separate entity. The Deaf community is also very tightly woven. News travels fast, so I'm sure that if someone passed away, news would travel and it's likely someone on Alldeaf would know about it and may post.

I still have my wife and Dad in my cell phone.... Strange I know

Is it strange?
My Grandmother passed away in June and I still have (my grandparents number) in my phone. I'm also on ancestry.com and haven't been able to enter her date that she moved on either. I can't bring myself to do it just yet.

I keep all the deceased relatives and friends addresses in my address book for snail mail. I just put a little "D" on their card. When I come across that card, I say a little prayer in their memory.

I am thinking we need a memorial thread for all the fraud AD members. :lol:

Back