Is it ever acceptable to wear someone else's jacket without permission?

I'd kill him/her lol It's my jacket, why does he/she has to wear it? Mean people.

:)

I'm surprised your sister did not take her hubby to task for wearing something that her dad obviously values by never wearing it.

What he did is very disrespectful and it shows he has poor manners.

It's rude and down-right trashy!....Ask first! My 3 boys used to fight about this, and my daughter would just come in and go to my closet and pick out something she wanted to wear! Even while I was in the hospital.....

Some people don't even bother to return things.....(even if they did ask for "permission" first), books, clothes, dishes, etc.

Shyt, I've lost a lot of things just by "being nice" and loaning them out. No more! Best answer is NO!...Unless it's an old raggedly jacket that you couldn't care less if somebody even stole it!

As far as the guy who wore ur father's jacket....I'd label him a thief with no conscience what-so-ever....

I definitely think that it's rude and disrespectful. :(

I'm surprised your sister did not take her hubby to task for wearing something that her dad obviously values by never wearing it.

What he did is very disrespectful and it shows he has poor manners.

MissD said it well.

Cheri, this is where you do need to talk to your sister heart to heart and ask her why she did not speak to her husband about taking her sick father in law's jacket without his permission while he's in the hospital fighting for his life.

Very very wrong in my book.

Yea, I agree to some of you ADers that it's very rude to wear without father's permission since he haven't wore it. Plainly disrespectful.

I'm seeing a lot of misunderstanding in here. Let me remind you - Cheri's father is still in hospital which means he's no longer in charge of his company. The family members including in-law have been taking care of it since then. He's obviously not dead and he's still fighting to regain the control on most of the his body and brain due to bad stroke.

Now - the son-in-law rudely took out his PRIZED collection from his office and wore the jacket like he owns it - a Nascar jacket in a MINT condition under plastic cover and Cheri's father has never wore that jacket. The son-in-law's wearing it like the father's dead already thus disrespecting him and it's so wrong in so many ways.

It doesn't matter if it's just a jacket, pen, car, or whatever but it's the sign of respect. Don't you think it's disrespectful to go around touching somebody's prized collection without his/her permission and acting like you own it?

If the person did not know how you felt about it you can politely state out of respect for you'd dad you'd apprecaite it if he could put the coat back because you want to keep it in mint condition (or something like that).

No offense to the OP, but I can't believe this thread is still going strong...:roll:

:confused: Why?

Miss-Delectable said:

I can't say he will never plan on wearing it because when he brought that jacket it didn't fit so he just left it in his office for a long time, now that he had lost so much weight, I'm sure that jacket is gonna fit. Will he wear it one day? I don't know. ;)

No offense to the OP, but I can't believe this thread is still going strong...:roll:

If you can look at your own reply..

I can't say he will never plan on wearing it because when he brought that jacket it didn't fit so he just left it in his office for a long time, now that he had lost so much weight, I'm sure that jacket is gonna fit. Will he wear it one day? I don't know. ;)

Like I mentioned.. it is just a jacket and your reply affirmed my answer.

This is what SC is trying to say- how this thread managed to go long is what I am trying to say as well.

If you can look at your own reply..

Like I mentioned.. it is just a jacket and your reply affirmed my answer.

This is what SC is trying to say- how this thread managed to go long is what I am trying to say as well.

If you think it is just "a jacket" then that's fine, I don't expect people to see it the same way as I do. I respect differences in opinions whether they're right nor wrong.

My dad is a huge Nascar fan for quite a long time, he has a cast of over 200 cars in his collection, posters, photos, signature of Jimmie Johnson, etc. When I said that I don't know if my dad was ever planning on wearing his Jimmie Johnson #48 Nascar jacket since it didn't fit during the time he purchased it, I was being honest.

In my opinion, It's about respect other people's property, You don't go around touching or take what does not belong to you. It is very disrespectful to assume that this person won't mind you wearing something that they truly love or treasure, especially when that someone is in the hospital. ;)

If you think it is just "a jacket" then that's fine, I don't expect people to see it the same way as I do. I respect differences in opinions whether they're right nor wrong.

My dad is a huge Nascar fan for quite a long time, he has a cast of over 200 cars in his collection, posters, photos, signature of Jimmie Johnson, etc. When I said that I don't know if my dad was ever planning on wearing his Jimmie Johnson #48 Nascar jacket since it didn't fit during the time he purchased it, I was being honest.

In my opinion, It's about respect other people's property, You don't go around touching or take what does not belong to you. It is very disrespectful to assume that this person won't mind you wearing something that they truly love or treasure, especially when that someone is in the hospital. ;)

Right on, Cheri!...You said it best....

My hubby will beat anyone if they dare to wear his Eagles' jacket, lol.

:gpost:

Back