Is hearie more romantic than Ddeaf/Hhoh?

I have been married so long, I forget what dating looks like. However, I do believe that it isn't a "hearing thing" or a "Deaf thing"---it's how they are raised! If the parents treat each other and their children with love and respect and communicate well, then the children will do the same with their mates. Unfortunately, in both the hearing and Deaf worlds parents often set a terrible example in behavior.

I have met some true gentlemen who happen to be deaf, and some real trash heaps that are hearing. Just gotta be choosy.

My two cents.

Honestly I agree with everyone else, it all depends on who you are not on how well you hear. I am hearing myself and I am a romantic. Alot of people i have known in my past that are hearing were complete jerks. I think it all depends on how you are raised. Weather your mother told you how to treat a woman or not. if i ever misstreated a woman my mom and sisters would KILL ME!! :laugh2: i would rather not have that happen.

Hey...a potential romantic there!!! :)

Really? I probably have met more than 10 deaf guys who arent jerks and arent interested in getting into a women's pants. Sure I have met some who are like that but I have met hearing guys who are just like those deaf guys you described.

If you been in Virginia,, you should see deaf guys here treat women badly they suck and they treat women like crap here in VA. I am not saying all of them are like that, but most of them I know are awful to women and most of them here are rapist. They don't know how to respect women at all. Lot of deaf guys here that are married cheat on their wives numbers of times and that even worst. :cool2:

If you been in Virginia,, you should see deaf guys here treat women badly they suck and they treat women like crap here in VA. I am not saying all of them are like that, but most of them I know are awful to women and most of them here are rapist. They don't know how to respect women at all. Lot of deaf guys here that are married cheat on their wives numbers of times and that even worst. :cool2:

I bet there is a possibility that their parents treated them poorly because they were "Different" and never would be "normal". They were forced to be a certain way which psychologically messed them up. This is just a theory though.

Are u referring to Northern VA or southern VA? I have met many deafies who live in Northern VA..some of them are jerks while others are not. My friend is married to one and he is very respectful to her, has a good job, and supports the family.

Are u referring to Northern VA or southern VA? I have met many deafies who live in Northern VA..some of them are jerks while others are not. My friend is married to one and he is very respectful to her, has a good job, and supports the family.

Southeastern Virgina so most of them not great here. :cool2:

I agree with Shel, Jolie, and Deafbajagal.

One's hearing status doesn't matter. Speaking from a hearie perspective, there are lots of hearies that are jerks, but there's also hearies who aren't. I'm sure the same can be said of deafies as well.

I'm inclined to date a deafie as I am a hearie, so long as we "click". I think that's what matters most. If you are compatible with someone, their hearing status becomes less important to you. :)

I bet there is a possibility that their parents treated them poorly because they were "Different" and never would be "normal". They were forced to be a certain way which psychologically messed them up. This is just a theory though.

Yeah, that could be it, I agree. Or they weren't educated enough how to treat girls better. But they have good home and good parents expect maybe they don't teach them manners. I guess most of the parents not bother to look at their sons to realized something not right with their behaviors. What funny is that most of them I know that their folks know some signs.

I agree with Shel, Jolie, and Deafbajagal.

One's hearing status doesn't matter. Speaking from a hearie perspective, there are lots of hearies that are jerks, but there's also hearies who aren't. I'm sure the same can be said of deafies as well.

I'm inclined to date a deafie as I am a hearie, so long as we "click". I think that's what matters most. If you are compatible with someone, their hearing status becomes less important to you. :)

I have to agree there too. :aw:

Well, while it is natural to try and categorize people, people are all individuals in the end. I'm dating a deaf guy and he is one of the most romantic, sensitive and loving people I've ever met.

Well, hearing and deaf can be romantic and deafness does not take away that. It's part of love, not for who they are.

Well.....

I noticed that the romantic gifts that one gives to another differs between deaf and hearing folks.

For some reason it seems that us deafies give "cheesy" romantic gifts to those that we love and yet with hearing people, it's more sophiscated.

I wonder if that has to do with socio-economics of the deaf and hearing? :hmm:

As for me--I hate giving gifts and I hate receiving gifts. I am pretty much straightforward with anyone that I date--no gift giving.

Well.....

I noticed that the romantic gifts that one gives to another differs between deaf and hearing folks.

For some reason it seems that us deafies give "cheesy" romantic gifts to those that we love and yet with hearing people, it's more sophiscated.

I wonder if that has to do with socio-economics of the deaf and hearing? :hmm:

As for me--I hate giving gifts and I hate receiving gifts. I am pretty much straightforward with anyone that I date--no gift giving.

I don't think romance is over rated,, even if a guy give me a cheesey gift I still would cherish it. It the thoughts that counts. I don't care if it was cheap or expensive gift as longs I know if a guy love me or crazy about me,, I would love it anyway no matter what. :aw:

Interesting experience...

After being married for so long to a deaf guy and we split...

I was curious getting back to the hearing dating scene and OH MY WORD! Hearing guys all paid my dinners, drinks, tickets, clothes, goin' out and stuff!
I got flowers on the first date with the last hearing guy (now MY man). Also they tend to be more affectionate in public.

At the same time, I dated some deaf/hoh guys - one deaf guy took money out of my purse to pay for food & drinks (FOR HIMSELF)... Most deaf guys I know aren't as romantic as hearing guys.

Don't get me wrong, I have alot of deaf/hoh guy friends and I think it depends on where the deaf/hoh guys come from family background and how far they want to take a relationship of their dreams with the right girl.

After being married for so long to a deaf guy and we split...

I was curious getting back to the hearing dating scene and OH MY WORD! Hearing guys all paid my dinners, drinks, tickets, clothes, goin' out and stuff!
I got flowers on the first date with the last hearing guy (now MY man). Also they tend to be more affectionate in public.

At the same time, I dated some deaf/hoh guys - one deaf guy took money out of my purse to pay for food & drinks (FOR HIMSELF)... Most deaf guys I know aren't as romantic as hearing guys.

Don't get me wrong, I have alot of deaf/hoh guy friends and I think it depends on where the deaf/hoh guys come from family background and how far they want to take a relationship of their dreams with the right girl.

I have to agree there lol

Back