iPhone’s Keyboard Worse Than QWERTY

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
A study done by consulting firm, User Centric, has found that iPhone’s keyboard is less efficient than using physical QWERTY keypads.

The research included 20 phone owners who frequently used their phones to text message. Half of them had iPhones while the other half had gadgets with physical QWERTY keypads.

Interesting enough, those using iPhones were slower and had a hard time finishing the tasks. Some of the particular issues noted by the researchers are:

Participants expressed a great deal of frustration with the sensitivity of the iPhone touch keypad. Participants made an average of 11 errors per message on the iPhone compared to an average of 3 errors per text message on their own phone. Although the error rate was alleviated somewhat by the iPhone’s self-correction feature, participants were still frustrated. In particular, participants struggled when they were trying to type using the Q & W keys or the O & P keys on the iPhone.

Qwerty keyboard phone news, reviews, and community - QwertyPhones.com

I'm not that surprised as this isn't for deaf lol.. as you know how we are a NEED for the keyboard to chat online lmao....

Also, there's a problem in regards to the battery life or replacement situation.. ack... I'm sticking with my BB smile but waiting for the Curve with wifi and possibility GPS.. smile

I'm not surprised about this.

I've seen video clips of the keyboard feature on the iPhones and it looks awkward. :roll:

New baby iPhone is just beginning. I'm loyal to Apple. Possibly hacker does same on another mobile phone devices. It was not Apple fault and is supposed to relate the flaws involved with AT&T network. Apple can build strong security on iPhone. It is AT&T network problems because he successed T-mobile access by soldering.

"iPhone is for deaf?" is early opinion.

There is new beta multi instant messager on iPhone. New JiveTalk for iPhone do have muilt accounts instant messager AIM/iChat, MSN, Yahoo, GoogleTalk, ICQ, and Jabber. http://www.beejive.com/iphone/

New baby iPhone is just beginning. I'm loyal to Apple. Possibly hacker does same on another mobile phone devices. It was not Apple fault and is supposed to relate the flaws involved with AT&T network. Apple can build strong security on iPhone. It is AT&T network problems because he successed T-mobile access by soldering.

There is new beta multi instant messager on iPhone. New JiveTalk for iPhone do have muilt accounts instant messager AIM/iChat, MSN, Yahoo, GoogleTalk, ICQ, and Jabber. http://www.beejive.com/iphone/

Yup, Apple can send the firewire update to anyone's iphone that has been hacked to make locked.

It's same thing that Sony's PSP got hacked then they sent latest firmwire to locked it, it's successful.

via 8700g~

Yeah, Here I had told by the posts somewhere this forums before. I am not very suprise that iphone's screentouch keyboard is worse than sidekick's keyboard, blackberry's physical keyboard or treo's.

One day, there shall come hot tech device out and will beat iphone's tech.

I aint loyal to apple's productions. That's why I refuse to buy iphone.

There is new beta multi instant messager on iPhone. New JiveTalk for iPhone do have muilt accounts instant messager AIM/iChat, MSN, Yahoo, GoogleTalk, ICQ, and Jabber. beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging

AT&T Wireless Network is only a wireless phone signal carrier.

I don't see how AT&T is resposible for handheld devices secuirty or operating system secuirty coded by a complete different compaines.

I believe that statement is a false claim started by Apple fanboys trying to redirect blame to AT&T that iPhone got hacked lol. :whistle:

Back