iPad

Maybe today's version is lithe, light, and zippy. :P

Maybe.. :) But, as long as we have YouTube and other alternatives, there is no need to install Quicktime. :)

I am not a web developer, so I don't know anything about HTML5. But, if you want to watch a movie on the Apple website, it requires Quicktime. Last time I used Quicktime, which was many years ago, I hated it because it was bloated and slow. So, I'd rather have Flash.

It has nothing with movies. I use my webOS which running on my Palm Pre, don't required quicktime, cuz it's running pure html5.

you want movie trailer? go to youtube.com or youtube app.

I am not a web developer, so I don't know anything about HTML5. But, if you want to watch a movie on the Apple website, it requires Quicktime. Last time I used Quicktime, which was many years ago, I hated it because it was bloated and slow. So, I'd rather have Flash.

Please, nothing beats Quicktime when it comes to viewing video over the internet. Quality-wise, that is.

Please, nothing beats Quicktime when it comes to viewing video over the internet. Quality-wise, that is.

I agree. Flash is much worse, no offense. Quicktime has MUCH higher quality and it's faster on slower computers, too. Flash is just a poorly built coded plugin/app.

Last time I used Quicktime, which was many years ago

That's your problem. Why bring up over outdate quicktime? Quicktime USED lag and slow in many years ago like you said. Right now, it's pretty quick and very smooth than flash. You should try quicktime 7 for windows first before you say anything.

Lucky, Some of us use Snow Leopard OS which it come with Quicktime 10.

I agree. Flash is much worse, no offense. Quicktime has MUCH higher quality and it's faster on slower computers, too. Flash is just a poorly built coded plugin/app.

I guess that's why a majority of people still use flash. :) But, after reading about HTML5, things may change now.

That's your problem. Why bring up over outdate quicktime? Quicktime USED lag and slow in many years ago like you said. Right now, it's pretty quick and very smooth than flash. You should try quicktime 7 for windows first before you say anything.

Lucky, Some of us use Snow Leopard OS which it come with Quicktime 10.

I'm using Linux. :)

Why there is no Flash support?

The iPad is really popular in the Blind Community because it comes with built-in magnification/screen reader technology, and the no-Flash is a plus for screen reader users too.

Funny how we're talking about the same product. :giggle:

or the new iPud

223206944v4_150x150_Front.jpg

And for those that want to stop using a craptop you can now use the iPoo'd
180px-Ipottie.png

And if you need to time your business.. There is an app for that.

ss0.jpg

first picture is the plain word "ipud" nothing special about this picture.

Second is a picture of a toliet with a tank that look like the old version of Ipod and a power button for a flush handle, and automatic toliet paper on a green tile wall. it has a button for the automatic toliet paper but I don't know what kind button is it. But the whole picture suppose to represents Ipod -- or Ipood

The third picture is a stainless steel public restroom flush handle. On top, it has a blue bar that says "poo timer"
middle says "DONE!" (as if you suppose to click on "done" when you are through) Then it says "elapse time: 00:01:28", "Cost of Doing 'Business' :$0.29". At the bottom it says "Gotta Go!" with a picture of a stick man running and "Setting" with a gear symbol. I suppose this is suppose to be a Iphone or something from the look of it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uOFDfVrjrY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Who Needs Men When You Got iPad?[/ame]

I got it from souggy s FB.

:laugh2:

iPhone and iPad have good positive and negative.

I have rheumatoid arthritis. I feel that iPad is right kind for my hand to feel comfortable to type as faster better than iPhone. Yes, I have iphone but still little sore my joints and stress with tiny keyboard.

One thing, we are disppoint in iPad does not have plug-in Adobe flash player and USB same as iphone. Just cable is good for connect from iPhone/iPad to laptop/netbook/desktop.

iPhone is not great for ebook. Too much zoom and pan/scroll. iPad is right kind for ebook and WiFi but lack of Adobe Flash Player.

I doubt that we will buy iPad unless my brother gift me. He used to worked for Apple Co.
Really? I was researching all of the different ebook readers and I learned about IPad today. I am excited about it :) Most ereaders use the eink technology, which displays the ebooks in black and white. But the IPad displays them in color. I want to download different ebook software to iPad but I guess I can only download apps from the App Store :(

I don't mind that the IPad doesn't support Flash. It still plays Youtube videos and it will still do most of what I want it for :) I want one with the built-in 3G wireless technology, so the cheapest one I can get is $629. It would take me a long time to be able to afford it, so maybe they will have 2nd generation IPads when I finally do save up enough money to buy one.

Really? I was researching all of the different ebook readers and I learned about IPad today. I am excited about it :) Most ereaders use the eink technology, which displays the ebooks in black and white. But the IPad displays them in color. I want to download different ebook software to iPad but I guess I can only download apps from the App Store :(

I don't mind that the IPad doesn't support Flash. It still plays Youtube videos and it will still do most of what I want it for :) I want one with the built-in 3G wireless technology, so the cheapest one I can get is $629. It would take me a long time to be able to afford it, so maybe they will have 2nd generation IPads when I finally do save up enough money to buy one.

Yeah, should be front-facing cam as iChat on 2nd generation iPads.

Back