IP Address

C

coloravalanche

How do you change your ip address on computer? I need to change my ip address. Also, how do you hide your ip address so anyone wont know your ip address?

Thanks!

To change IP address, you need to turn off your computer and router if you have one. and wait 24 hours, then your ISP will assign you possible with new IP address. To hide your IP address, you need to have proxy server to hide yourself. It won't be cheap, but yes you can.

coloravalanche said:
How do you change your ip address on computer? I need to change my ip address. Also, how do you hide your ip address so anyone wont know your ip address?

Thanks!

diehardbiker65 said:
To change IP address, you need to turn off your computer and router if you have one. and wait 24 hours, then your ISP will assign you possible with new IP address. To hide your IP address, you need to have proxy server to hide yourself. It won't be cheap, but yes you can.

You mean I need to turn off my computer and wait for 24 hours then turn it back on? What does router mean? What is proxy server? Sorry, Im not computer whiz. :) Thanks!

If you don't know what your doing, then do NOT bother with anything. This is really expert level. You need to understand the networking system first. Any mistakes you make can expose you to unwanted intruders.

coloravalanche said:
You mean I need to turn off my computer and wait for 24 hours then turn it back on? What does router mean? What is proxy server? Sorry, Im not computer whiz. :) Thanks!

suggest you contact your isp service support, they can help you with that.

Why would you want to hide or change your IP address?

Perhaps, someone is asking you to find out for him/her?

VamPyroX said:
Why would you want to hide or change your IP address?

Perhaps, someone is asking you to find out for him/her?

First to answer your question is because of personal reason.

Second ~ no one ask me to findout for him/her. :)

The advantage of having fake IP address is that it makes harder for spyware to break in your system, and that it gives confusing message to hacker into thinking your non-exist. There are many unseen advantage of having your fake ip addresses. So speaking security increases is major reason for this.

You can use Spyware Blaster and Spybot to prevent spyware and popups.......

you mean anyone can find my ip address?? how?? i dont see how thats possible???? :jaw:

Very easy! Don't you know how FBI catch crooks? You could buy software that tracks down to EXACT your home address where your computer or router is! That is why it is not good idea to do criminal over the internet. Anti Spyware software won't stop that. It has nothing to do with IP address, it is mainly stop crooks from tracking your computer activities, including finding out your passwords!

Just be aware... your computer is ACTUALLY the DUMBEST machine in the world! It would do WHATEVER the command ask for, no matter what. Some smart programmer figure out the command line to break in.

If you want to find out how to do that? Go to programming course, study there and there is so much ways and answer to your question. Sorry no single answer to your question.

Selena said:
BUT HOW????!!!! :confused: :stupid: :dunno:

IP address untraceable? Think again! There are millions millions millions of computer hooked up on the internet, when you enter WWW.IWantViewThisSite.COM, then your computer ask your DNS for IP address for this URL (WWW.IWantViewThisSite.COM), so after the IP address is obtain, your computer send out request for the site to send you the page, So that site (WWW.IWantViewThisSite.COM) NEEDS to know where to send the page back to???? Millions of Millions computer, which one????? So they NEED your IP address in order to send the page back to you. Viola! They know your IP address, thus enable you to view their page. Same with AIM, your sidek!ck has its own IP address!!! Anything with IP address is traceable, period. Same goes to E-mail address, still need to send request with reply IP address so that the e mail is send to right PC.

Same concept here, when you want to shop, you called a merchant and place the order... if you fail to give them your home address, will they be able to ship orders to your home? HA HA HA, no way!

its still interesting to learn something new. but how does one get ip address from sidekick? thats not hooked up like a computer?

If you're on a dialup, your IP changes every time you call in. If you have AOL, your IP is always changing.

Does not matter how you hook up the internet. It is HOW the network is established. AOL has its own protocol, hence that is why Videophone does not cooperate well with AOL. If your ISP provide you DHCP service, then your IP address WILL change, Majority of ISP uses this. If you want IP address to stay the same, ask ISP for "Static IP", and it cost MORE money! So to speak, if you have dialup with Static IP address, then your IP address STAYS the SAME, no matter what.

prostock19 said:
If you're on a dialup, your IP changes every time you call in. If you have AOL, your IP is always changing.

Its done automatically, how do you find your SK's IP address, okay go to the main menu, then click Top left button, then click network status, then you should see network status dialog box, then press top left button AND M key at same time. It will change the info, and IP address is shown there on first line of listing. :)

Selena said:
its still interesting to learn something new. but how does one get ip address from sidekick? thats not hooked up like a computer?

okay cool i did that and found it. but how does someone get mine if im on sidekick? that doesnt make sense??

Back