Interpretting Today!

SigningTinker

Reaction score
Hey guys!

My school is going to a nursing home this morning to sing Christmas carols to people there. The thing is, I'm going to be interpreting for the first time today! I'll be translating the songs, since there is a chance that there are Deaf/HH people there, and I think it would be wonderful for them to be able to enjoy the caroling too. Wish me luck! :ty:

Sounds like fun good luck :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

Share your experience , interpreting is a lot of fun! I am interpreting Automotive :giggle:

It was so fun. I think I did a great job. All of the elderly people I talked to said I did an amazing job and had an idea of what sign language was. Oddly enough, there were no Deaf people in the audience. It was great. Thanks guys. :)

It was so fun. I think I did a great job. All of the elderly people I talked to said I did an amazing job and had an idea of what sign language was. Oddly enough, there were no Deaf people in the audience. It was great. Thanks guys. :)
:confused: If there were no Deaf people, how do you know you did an amazing job? Did the hearing elderly people know sign language?

Some people there who knew sign language but not deaf? I am glad you had a good time , plus it's good practice:)

Some people there who knew sign language but not deaf? I am glad you had a good time , plus it's good practice:)

Yes, they did. :) I loved doing my best to interpret, and to bring sign language out to the public.

I love how rude some people can be. I am not a 'fake', thank you very much. The signs that I used were genuine signs, and I made none of them up. Sure, I made a couple of mistakes, but who doesn't on their first try? I picked it right back up and corrected myself.

If you think you did hood that is all that matters, it's not like you were up in front of a huge crowd talking about a lost or something important like that fake way. It is funny to watch that vid, he repeats the same sign over and over lol. Anyways don't let people get to you.

Don't let AN fool you, I don't think I have ever seen him as 'rude'. He tends to be funny and not everyone always gets it. (thus why AD Comedian in his user title).

Trust me you may get worse comments than that in the future from others here, the internet in general and outside of the internet.

Sounds like you enjoyed it and it was good practice.

*By the way.. it's 'interpreting' not 'translating' :)

Don't let AN fool you, I don't think I have ever seen him as 'rude'. He tends to be funny and not everyone always gets it. (thus why AD Comedian in his user title).

Trust me you may get worse comments than that in the future from others here,

Nah, others here who are so sick of these SAB fans are opting for pure deaf enclaves at Facebook.

If you think you did hood that is all that matters, it's not like you were up in front of a huge crowd talking about a lost or something important like that fake way. It is funny to watch that vid, he repeats the same sign over and over lol. Anyways don't let people get to you.

Yeah, lol. I got to watch the vid, I admit it was funny.

Trust me you may get worse comments than that in the future from others here, the internet in general and outside of the internet.

Sounds like you enjoyed it and it was good practice.

I didn't quite understand the humor at first, I'm glad to know he was joking though.

(I'll remember to use interpreting instead, lol)

Of course I was joking, I just had to put that video after you mentioned that there were no deaf people in the audience.

I am interpreting today with a team :) Going to be a good day, weather is good:D

Back