Interpreter in Training

That is awesome that you are that close to finishing. I have a long ways to go before I can be an interpreter. I am going to be starting my second quarter in January. Florida is really nice, I miss swiming in the ocean there. I went Scallup diving there once. You are lucky to be able to move there. I love scuba diving as well but I haven't done it since highschool, I don't live in an area where I can.

I'm looking at moving towards Jupiter/WPB, FL when I finish. Does anyone know about the deaf community there?

Hello Stephanie :wave: I am on the Broward/Dade line which is only about an hour and a half south from WPB. I don't know much about the Deaf community up there but if your willing to travel (which is pretty common for interpreting down here) then there is a huge Deaf community in Miami. Sometimes I see Deaf events listed in Ft. Lauderdale too, which would be even closer to WPB. Hope this helps some. :)

P.S. We got great beaches and amazing dive sites all over S. FL. :)

Wow!! Thanks for all the warm wishes!! One of my favorite places to dive is Jupiter, FL! I'd move further south, and still might, but hurricanes occur more often the further south you go! :) When ever I head south to dive again, we should meet up! As for snorkeling.. umm no. Well not anymore.. now that I've dove I can't snorkel!

Back