Intensive BSL course | Level 2 in 2 weeks!!!

Lol! I find that if I use ASL fingerspelling after while my hand aches cos it lot of movement for 1 hand. BSL fingerspelling more relax on my hand. Lot of interpreters here in UK know ASL fingerspelling and use it when holding stuff in other hand (drink, food, etc)! Pretty useful!

LOL! I'm not surprised. I first learned Korean Sign Language and the finger spelling is one handed so switching to ASL made sense to me. I was so confused when I first saw BSL fingerspelling. But I can see how one hand might be more work especially if used to the BSL fingerspelling.

My girlfriend are discussing a trip to England but it might not happen until next year after I have had a chance to save up some money and pay off some debts. But the good thing is we can practice together. plus, she is freakishly good at picking up other languages. I am very jealous of that skill! I am going to get myself a book on BSL before my trip. oh, and watch a lot of video of BSL.

LOL! I'm not surprised. I first learned Korean Sign Language and the finger spelling is one handed so switching to ASL made sense to me. I was so confused when I first saw BSL fingerspelling. But I can see how one hand might be more work especially if used to the BSL fingerspelling.

My girlfriend are discussing a trip to England but it might not happen until next year after I have had a chance to save up some money and pay off some debts. But the good thing is we can practice together. plus, she is freakishly good at picking up other languages. I am very jealous of that skill! I am going to get myself a book on BSL before my trip. oh, and watch a lot of video of BSL.

I agree if your used to one hand makes it easier use ASL fingerspelling. England, Wales and Scotland use same BSL fingerspelling and some signs bit different. Northern Ireland use 1 hand fingerspelling and signs are very different even though they are part of British.

If you do go England, don't expect too much about weather! Lol. :) Cos lot of tourist complain about weather in England and their expecting was bit too high.

Thanks Speedy Hawk! I will keep that in mind!

Back