Incoming calls on vp-100 fails to answer

Ok, think I got it. So even if (and I mean if) I found a router that could forward to two different private IP's it wouldn't work. The only thing the VP does to comunicate with the VRS server is forward the public IP he is located at, not actually establishing a link that can be followed back throught the NAT.... ruff... ruff...:stupid:

Exactly. Two routers will not make 2 VPs work. You must get 2nd Public IP address from ISP.

Nice bike diehard. Ride a vtx myself. Anyway to get back on subject.... I am helping someone install two VP's behind the same public IP (getting a second IP is way to expense with there provider). Would piggy backing two routers work as talked about earlier, plugging both vps into the second router with the firewall turned off and having the second routers wan port set in the DMZ of the first router? What would be your recommendation? Both VP's need to recieve video calls as it is a roommate setup. Thanks in advance for any input.

one vp = one public ip
two vp = two public ip
three vp = three public ip
four vp = four public ip
so on...

two vp (not work) one public ip
doesnt matter how exotic your LAN set up, 2, 3, 4, 5 routers (cheapie or expensive) and switchs and lots of cables

think like music chairs 2 chairs for 2 kids, so 2 public ip for 2 vp

you can have one million router and one million switch with one public ip, only one vp will work.

get it? no matter how you skin cat, you not still make two vp work with one public ip and get both vp to receive call

get second public ip address or get second dsl or get second cable modem

u can forward only one port 1720 to one computer, device or vp

Your getting the idea. Your right that VP needs to maintain contact with the server. The server actually acts as directory operator. It is easier for people to rememeber phone number than IP address, also public IP address can be changed from time to time making it harder for deafies to call another VP if using IP address method. That is the purpose of the server, simplify the contact informatin for everybody. VP needs to have port #1720 to be open all the time. WHenever your friends call in, server gets in your VP using that port and signal incoming calls. If you block it, server have no way to alert your VP that somebody is calling you.

2 routers on same public IP address won't work, and cause collision... Really it is like trying to have two master control a dog, then that poor dog gets confused.

DHB

Hi soresnon employee
name of server?

The less information we get, the more frustration we get, thus makes our customers upset (We truly hate to see disappointed customers). We REALLY wanted to see happy customers, no question about it. I am one of them, ALL of our team members is awesome, and work their ass off to help everybody!

improvise!!!!!!! record the setup in quickie basie

Back