Immigrating to U.S. becomes much costlier

It's not so often in here but occupancy law is weak or hardly to enforce in LA. You said dozens of men live in one bedroom apt, that's rare to me but most are under 10 in 2-3 bedroom apt, that where I saw like that, it is actually from families like grandparent, uncle, aunt, cousin and other members. It's depends on their families but men that who live in overcrowded are nowhere, but some of your statement are true, just certain of buildings.

You will notice about same thing in Mexico, like in Mexico City but it can be their culture but who cares, that's none of our business.

Your statement are probably an issue in SC, that's not my place to live.
Around here, they live mostly in the trailer parks. In some parks, they are majority Hispanic.

We know several property managers, and they've told us about how they rent out a two-bedroom apartment to two guys, and then find out later that ten more moved in (not always at the same time).

Around here, they live mostly in the trailer parks. In some parks, they are majority Hispanic.

We know several property managers, and they've told us about how they rent out a two-bedroom apartment to two guys, and then find out later that ten more moved in (not always at the same time).

Oh, that alot to me, 10 people in one trailer looks extremely overcrowded.

It does happen about certain of apt units are like that in Chicago.

Somewhere the town in Dallas/Fort Worth banned the illegal immigrants to rent the apartments. We should to do that. I'm strongly against the illegal immigrants, tho.

That's a cop out.
Most revolutions are manned by the poor people.

So, do you think that the poor people of Mexico should revolt against their leaders and install new leaders who will suddenly give them a decent standard of living, their children an education etc. Where are the leaders going to get the money from to pay for this that the current leaders could not do? Mexico is already a democracy, why should people revolt against that?

Or he might think, "Ha, why should I bother struggling with my government when I can just cross the Rio and get a job."

Wouldn't you? Are you honestly telling me that in their shoes you would say to grandma, grandpa, your wife and your six children "just wait a bit longer for food, medical treatment and accommodation until I start the revolution and then everything will be provided for you." Would you really do that? Be honest. Revolutions take years to enact and you need a critical mass of the population to support a revolution. And then again, why would you revolt against a democracy?

I know all about the Minutemen, and they are NOT vigilantes. They don't break any laws at the borders. They don't shoot at anyone crossing border. They report border crossings to legal authorities (like any citizen can and should do), and let them handle the confrontation. The Minutemen have actually provided food, water, and first aid to some border crossers in need.

Okay, you seem to have gone to semantics about words here. I don't care what they are called vigilantes, good citizens whatever. The original point was that a terrorist is not going to waste their time crossing the border this way when there is still a reasonable chance that he will get caught, possibly questioned and give away the plot.

You seem to think that we should condone (sp?) people breaking our laws to get here. Sorry but no thanks. We are NOT against leagal immigration.

I don't condone lawbreaking. But my point is that I understand why many of the illegal migrants are doing it. They are poor and they have families to provide for.

I do not honestly believe that any of you here who show their contempt for illegals would not do the same if you were in their shoes. If I had dependents who needed medical treatment, went hungry a lot but didn't have the money, education or workskills to apply for a visa, I certainly would. Can one person here stand up and tell me they would not do that out of greater pity for the people of America such as yourselves?

Somewhere the town in Dallas/Fort Worth banned the illegal immigrants to rent the apartments. We should to do that. I'm strongly against the illegal immigrants, tho.

FYI, Dallas and Fort Worth has too many latino population, that means ban on illegal immigrants from rent the apt is nowhere, or enforce is too weak.

USA has weak immigrant law, even not enforce so well, there's debate about new law but nothing right now.

Deport them to other countries can be cost alot, from your taxpayer, some state or cities aren't able to afford to deport them to other countries, or funding cut on deport. When they are deported at once then they will come back to USA again, that's tough.

I used to live in Mexico City for years and currently live in one of the largest cities in the San Diego County. The border is only 40 minutes away from where I live. The local media (San Diego News) have been reporting the situations regularly such as the tunnels were discovered, selling the babies, Americans stuck in the Mexican jails, migrant camps, human smuggling (such as Chinese smuggling and coyotes), the illegals trying to across the border, border patrol, Mexican cops, and Minutemen.

Years ago, there was one of the incidents that I still remember. The Mexican seller from Tijuana came to sell kitten dolls at the vendor booth. He did follow the US policy except one thing. It had turned out that kitten dolls were actually real kittens. He was selling dead kittens. He had faced animal cruelty charges on US soil. I have been listening to tons of stories on how illegals push the limits in order to sneaking into the US. Unfortunately the human smuggling activity exists in Carlsbad, Oceanside, Carmel Mountain, and almost every city in the whole San Diego County. Some illegal immigrants use their naturalized US citizen family member's SSI and name in order to get a job and can be able to form the businesses easily. There are some hangouts where you can get them for a quick job.

I know two councilmen and a councilwoman who voted to pass the law for fining the landlords for renting illegals in the apartments. One of the councilmen, Sam Abed is a naturalized US citizen from Lebanon who supported the law. They have accused him of being a racist at the city hall meetings. He had received death threats. His gas station is only two blocks away from me. I have witnessed the meetings where they discussed the bill before they voted it twice. According to CA law, once they pass the bill, they have to pass it again. Many people applauded Sam Abed and showed up at his gas station to fill the gas by showing the support. There were also others boycott his business and had tried to destroy his gas station business, but the business is getting stronger. A councilwoman, Marie Waldon, who was the one who came up with a proposal who had received two bodyguards from the police department for a while. They have vandalized her business, egging her house, calling her a racist etc. Now, The judge Houston blocked the law before it went in effect. The city hall gave up the fight because paying the private lawyers cost a fortune.

There are some Latin countries born Minutemen who are against illegal immigration as well. There are Hispanic organizations that oppose illegal immigration such as "Don't speak for me organization" And the illegals have accused Hispanics of being racists, too.

A friend of mine plans to join in the politics after he finishes public administration in master degree. He thinks he came up with a solution called "indentured servants." Oh, well..

(1. American border guards who provide them with water and first aid.)

They just should let those illegal immigrants rot in the desert instead of paying our taxes to save them. They choosed to illegally try enter the United States without requesting for some help on how to enter the States legally.

How could they ignore their starving expressions? I am tooo sofffttt when I see them... :ugh3:

That's major problem in Mexico, such as government system isn't good and there's many fake cops in anywhere, that why about many Mexicans are got frustrated and end up to move in USA for better life, but illegal immigrants have many restricted to across and easier to felony on them, depends on area that where got it.

Mexico has deported many illegal immigrants into their countries like in central america and south america, also some are deporting in USA, long as they are US citizen and trying cross after Mexico.

For me, I believe that illegal immigrants in USA are require to obtain an ID or card to allow to stay in USA, also force them to pay taxes, even from paycheck and file for tax info. They are working on new system that can solve the issue instead of deport in other countries. If they got caught then they must obtain an ID or card then use that for job and across to other system, also they need pay the fine before can become US citizen after live in for 5 years or more.

There are laws in this country against hiring illegal aliens. The problem is our goverment (both parties) wants cheap labor for thier donors so they pass laws and do nothing to enforce them. Case to point the raids that netted a law number of illegal aliens at the meat packing plant last winter. Those were jobs that 'Americans won't do'. The problem is that the illegals will work for less then Americans and they really aren't covered by workplace laws so can't say much. But what was really funny was the number of Americans that applied to fill those positions when the illegals were arrested. At this time since the great 'amnesty' didn't pass the enforcement seems to have gone down toilet again, proving alot of us that the raids were just window dressing to lull the citizens back to sleep. Unfortunately 20 yrs or so of promises not kept have made many of us sceptical. But not to worry at this time our 'esteemed' (said with much sarcasum) leaders are still working dilligently to make those who jumped the line leagel. This will of course make those who are working to get the proper papers to come here wait even longer, and by making those workers leagle rather then enforceing the laws, those now legal workers will move on to much better paying jobs. and so it will go.

At this time there are cities passing laws making it unlawful to rent or give welfare to people who are not citizens or LEGAL immigrants.

Yes, your post make sense. Thank you for explanation.

After read those whole thread, I think that the US restriction of immigration law is a weak and not safety. IMO

Example:
Since 2001, federal agents have arrested about 1,000 illegal aliens working as aircraft mechanics. You can bet there are many more that haven’t been caught.

Further read in this link.
VDARE.com: Who’s Afraid Of 9/11? Illegal Aliens Still Get Sensitive U.S. Jobs, by Rob Sanchez

I can see the cons/pros from those whole thread here.

My opinion how to aviod more illegal immigrates and commit more crime is:

I can understand why the immigrates come to live different countries is because of improve their education skill, etc. I think Government use their heart and kind to give them the chance to register as a legal immigrant due limit date then they would have the chance to collect their experiences before they are able to go home voluntarity to help the people in their own country? I think it's better than give them a harsh punishment is deport them back to their own country.

It's very rough life for illegal immigrates and their children... Why can't give them chance to learn and collect experiences from our country?

I mean to offer them simple job to work for any companies to earn and school etc...

What do you think?

The problem with that logic Liebling is if we offer then jobs and work experiences then where are we gonna find our jobs? After all there are only so many jobs available and if we fill them with illegal immigrants then there are no jobs for legal citizens.

I have a few friends that would love to move to the USA,but they wanna do it legally and I applaud them for that and would welcome them into my country.

One of the major problems with illegals is that a majority of them just bring *organized crime* with them. They aren't really interested in coming here to learn or even to lead a better life. They are coming here because the type of crime *mob or otherwise* earns alot more here than where they currently are.

As for an immigrant wanting to do things legally and lead a better life and have a chance at true freedom *whatever that may be lol* I welcome with open arms.

After all how many of us are true natives of the countries we now live in? Many of us could research our history *geneology* and find that our families once immigrated there from somewhere else.

The saying that illegals will do jobs that many americans wont do is also kaput. Most of those jobs are hiring illegals simply because they will accept low wages and no benefits. So the hiring company takes them over us because is it cheaper and more cost effective on the company.

Give me a meat packing job. I would happily do it, especially if it offered even the smallest benefit package. All I care about is having my doctor,hospital and prescriptions covered. But most employers will rather hire an illegal so they dont even have to provide that much. You will find most poor Americans will do almost any job for the smallest benefit package and for a decent wage of maybe 7-8 dollars an hour. Whereas, illegals will work for 5 dollars an hour or less sometimes with no benefits. So, you tell me why these jobs are so called jobs *americans wont do*? That's actually a myth.

I would work in the fields all day long if they paid me 7-8 dollars an hour with a few health benefits. Heck wal-mart offers about the same. At least in the fields it is outdoors and fresh air.

R2 you said it is a choice to cross due to need. OK fine let me put this example to you. Would you chose to sell drugs or become a hooker if you had to? Its still illegal in MANY countries but yet one could use that same arguement for doing so.

I have been faced many times with having a utility shut off due to no money to pay it. However, does that give me an excuse to break the law to *better my life?* or my childrens?

Not in my eyes it doesnt. It just means I need to work harder and find more legal ways of earning the money needed.

Heck in that case with the excuse let me immigrate to Canada as there they have FREE HEALTHCARE. At least there I wouldnt need to worry about paying for my own healthcare or worry about getting a 2nd job to afford healthcare.

Every country has its own problems. However, I believe it is up to the people of that country to fight for its own problems and find ways to resolve them.

I for one do support immigration if it is done legally and for the reason of wanting change or to find a better life. However, I do not support it if done illegally and with the intention of leading a criminal life as many of them do.

The problem with that logic Liebling is if we offer then jobs and work experiences then where are we gonna find our jobs? After all there are only so many jobs available and if we fill them with illegal immigrants then there are no jobs for legal citizens.

I have a few friends that would love to move to the USA,but they wanna do it legally and I applaud them for that and would welcome them into my country.

One of the major problems with illegals is that a majority of them just bring *organized crime* with them. They aren't really interested in coming here to learn or even to lead a better life. They are coming here because the type of crime *mob or otherwise* earns alot more here than where they currently are.

As for an immigrant wanting to do things legally and lead a better life and have a chance at true freedom *whatever that may be lol* I welcome with open arms.

After all how many of us are true natives of the countries we now live in? Many of us could research our history *geneology* and find that our families once immigrated there from somewhere else.

The saying that illegals will do jobs that many americans wont do is also kaput. Most of those jobs are hiring illegals simply because they will accept low wages and no benefits. So the hiring company takes them over us because is it cheaper and more cost effective on the company.

Give me a meat packing job. I would happily do it, especially if it offered even the smallest benefit package. All I care about is having my doctor,hospital and prescriptions covered. But most employers will rather hire an illegal so they dont even have to provide that much. You will find most poor Americans will do almost any job for the smallest benefit package and for a decent wage of maybe 7-8 dollars an hour. Whereas, illegals will work for 5 dollars an hour or less sometimes with no benefits. So, you tell me why these jobs are so called jobs *americans wont do*? That's actually a myth.

I would work in the fields all day long if they paid me 7-8 dollars an hour with a few health benefits. Heck wal-mart offers about the same. At least in the fields it is outdoors and fresh air.

R2 you said it is a choice to cross due to need. OK fine let me put this example to you. Would you chose to sell drugs or become a hooker if you had to? Its still illegal in MANY countries but yet one could use that same arguement for doing so.

I have been faced many times with having a utility shut off due to no money to pay it. However, does that give me an excuse to break the law to *better my life?* or my childrens?

Not in my eyes it doesnt. It just means I need to work harder and find more legal ways of earning the money needed.

Heck in that case with the excuse let me immigrate to Canada as there they have FREE HEALTHCARE. At least there I wouldnt need to worry about paying for my own healthcare or worry about getting a 2nd job to afford healthcare.

Every country has its own problems. However, I believe it is up to the people of that country to fight for its own problems and find ways to resolve them.

I for one do support immigration if it is done legally and for the reason of wanting change or to find a better life. However, I do not support it if done illegally and with the intention of leading a criminal life as many of them do.

Well said!

I can understand why the immigrates come to live different countries is because of improve their education skill, etc. I think Government use their heart and kind to give them the chance to register as a legal immigrant due limit date then they would have the chance to collect their experiences before they are able to go home voluntarity to help the people in their own country? I think it's better than give them a harsh punishment is deport them back to their own country.

It's very rough life for illegal immigrates and their children... Why can't give them chance to learn and collect experiences from our country?

I mean to offer them simple job to work for any companies to earn and school etc...

What do you think?

Enough of it, we give give give give give them all time for many years and more want to come. It will never stops. It gets overcrowded and we do not have enough money for them especially jails for illegal criminals, schools, welfares, foodstamps, section 8 and hospitals have gone bankrupted because they had to take care of them. U did not realize most of states are flat broke. Our government did not do anything for us. Most of them did not pay taxes instead they send money to their homes to support their families. I had it enough. It is enough, no more for them to steal our money to support them.

What do you think?
Does Germany "have a heart" for illegal aliens?

The key word is "illegal"; they are in our country illegally; they have broken the law. Why should we reward them for breaking the law? That makes our laws a weak joke.

Certain of illegal immigrants can bring an negative on environment, such as make value of apt looks bad or not worth place to live after apt has been overcrowded, some of them are enjoying to destroy the indoor of unit and landlords aren't happy then end up to paid alot of thousands to maintain this units before citizen or other good immigrants to move in.

For me, I love to take care of environment, keep clean and well maintained.

Reba, would you go teach on them to how cut the grass? some of them don't cut the grass, either.

...The saying that illegals will do jobs that many americans wont do is also kaput....
Yes, I would change that to "They take away the jobs from Americans who want to do the work legally."

What many people don't understand is that there are many Americans who must work as unskilled or low-tech laborers. Not everyone can get a college education. Many Americans need those monotonous, dirty, dangerous, boring jobs, and they are glad to get them. They are hard working, honest people, maybe with limited education and technical skills, but valuable to our society nonetheless.

Unfortunately, they are also "quiet" people in the political arena, so the louder voices promoting this myth get more attention.

I know many LEGAL American people working in poultry plants, housekeeping, landscaping, construction, fast food service, bagging groceries, etc. Many of them are Deaf. Do they want their jobs taken away by cheaper illegal labor? NO!

Yes, I would change that to "They take away the jobs from Americans who want to do the work legally."

What many people don't understand is that there are many Americans who must work as unskilled or low-tech laborers. Not everyone can get a college education. Many Americans need those monotonous, dirty, dangerous, boring jobs, and they are glad to get them. They are hard working, honest people, maybe with limited education and technical skills, but valuable to our society nonetheless.

Unfortunately, they are also "quiet" people in the political arena, so the louder voices promoting this myth get more attention.

I know many LEGAL American people working in poultry plants, housekeeping, landscaping, construction, fast food service, bagging groceries, etc. Many of them are Deaf. Do they want their jobs taken away by cheaper illegal labor? NO!

Get job at wal-mart then you are safe.

...Reba, would you go teach on them to how cut the grass? some of them don't cut the grass, either.
They can watch and copy me. :P I cut the grass for my yard, and my elderly neighbors' yard. I also rake leaves, trim bushes, sweep sidewalks, prune tree branches, weed, water, plant flowers, lay mulch, stone and brick, and do other landscaping tasks. I also do some of the volunteer "special" landscaping (including picking up trash that people toss out of their cars) for our neighborhood's front entrance.

Back