I'm Sad, too.

I am really sorry that you feel this way. I thought you already knew that one day when you go to Heaven, you will have a very, very beautiful face. I do sometimes feel that I really wish I could hear and talk, so I can talk to certain families - makin' them to understand HOW I feel. I do have a very deep insights, but I couldn't talk to them about how I feel thru my deep insights because they don't know sign language.... very frustratin' for me. But, one day when I go to Heaven, I will be able to hear and talk - Heaven is goin' to be MY first experience to be able to hear & talk. :)

Don't feel bad about urself. Just think about God and look forward to meetin' Him one day ... the One who will change your face with beauty. :)

It is yur family that looses out on the opportunity to know you and see what an insightful person that you are all just because they haven't learned sign. I know it is frustrating for you, but you are still the beautiful, thoughtful person, and they miss all that. Sad for them.

I'm usually against this kind of thing, but have you ever considered seeing a doctor about possibly doing plastic or reconstructive surgery? Whatever it is that's "wrong" with your face is severly interfering with your ability to lead a normal life and interact socially. Do you think you could benefit from such a thing? (I don't intend any offense by this.)

~m-m

Well I shouldn't complain and whine all the time.?

People who complain and whine all the time put other people down.

I do need to change my attitude.

Yes, we can't change your attitude, but you are the only person who can. I believe people will start to respect you more.

Maybe I should go to Africa and do some missionary work
like my friend did...

Go ahead! What are you waiting for? If there is a door open for an adventure, then go and take it. No one can stop you from doing anything. You don't have to be beautiful to go, you can go anywhere.

She told me she went to Africa with English interpreters and
and she said it was horrible over there.

So! I went to England and it was different from the U.S. She is letting you know what things you need to watch out, but don't like one negative comment stop you from going.

But anyway.... if I do go to Africa, would it changes my way of thinking?
In a positive way or negative way?

Yes, I believe so. It doesn't have to be Africa. It can be anywhere! Why don't you travel down to Mexico and see how people live there.

I don't know if it will be a postive way or a negative way. You are not us and we aren't you so we don't share the same emotions. All people are different.

I'm usually against this kind of thing, but have you ever considered seeing a doctor about possibly doing plastic or reconstructive surgery? Whatever it is that's "wrong" with your face is severly interfering with your ability to lead a normal life and interact socially. Do you think you could benefit from such a thing? (I don't intend any offense by this.)

~m-m

She needs to fix what's wrong on the inside, first.

Hey you guys what if she telling the truth about herself? Instead of bashing on her and requesting her to send a real photo of herself. After meeting her in person you could feel a big regert. Best way keep it to yourself and meet her then you can find out if she's lying or not. If she is then you can go ahead and bash on her all you want. Better than being sorry.

Can we stop talk about person's looks? It's not worth arguing over it and insult god's beautiful works.

It is yur family that looses out on the opportunity to know you and see what an insightful person that you are all just because they haven't learned sign. I know it is frustrating for you, but you are still the beautiful, thoughtful person, and they miss all that. Sad for them.

Yes, I know. :)
I am not worried about that now. I am just movin' on and make a few friends. I have so many things ahead of me. I am just contented with my life the way it is. Thanks for your mutual support. ;)

Her thought process is different than most people's. That's why we really shouldn't bash on her, she isn't stupid. She's just.... her. You can't expect her to to think normal when she isn't normal at all.

It's like ducks bashing on a goose because the goose doesn't act or think like a duck. She's a whole different person than most of us are, just like an austic child can't be compared to normal people. I felt so compelled to point this out because every time she posts people go bat shit.

Ah yes, Empress. Funny first post I have read of yours under this username and I knew you instantly. Going to Africa what a wonderful work.... For them. You, I see no benefit. You are such a negative person I think you would find something to complain about in Heaven. But that seems to be where you find your joy, in your misery. To go around telling everyone how awful your life is saying, "Woe is me"
Professional help I think would be good for you, and I do not mean that as a slam. You have to want it though, want happiness. I don't see that in you though. Your pain is all you have, like some people with anger, like you see in the movies where a person hates another so much. Then the person that they hate dies and they cannot let it go because if they don't hate that person, what do they have left? They are nothing without their hatred.... And you are nothing without your misery. I think you are truely scared to let it go and make an attempt at happiness. Sad really.

Her thought process is different than most people's. That's why we really shouldn't bash on her, she isn't stupid. She's just.... her. You can't expect her to to think normal when she isn't normal at all.

It's like ducks bashing on a goose because the goose doesn't act or think like a duck. She's a whole different person than most of us are, just like an austic child can't be compared to normal people. I felt so compelled to point this out because every time she posts people go bat shit.

i have to disagree with you. That is like saying, oh Hitler is just a different person you can't expect any better. While no i don't think she is anywhere near a Hitler, by using him you get my point. Why shouldn't we expect more from her? Why shouldn't we expect her to act with the same social graces as anyone else? She comes here of her own will. She has been banned several times and keeps coming back and keeps acting the same way. At some point you would think that she would learn, or not come to AD. She does though. She has full ownership of this, I do not feel sorry for some one that buys the bed, puts it together, makes it and then refuses to lay in it. She chose the bed she has made, continues to make it, she need to lay in it.

I have to agree with Southern on this one.

Several people here have tried giving Patrice some positive advice, but seems like all she wants to do is complain. She is such a negative person that it literally drives people away. No one likes to hang around someone that is extremely crabby. My dad is the same way but not to the same degree as Patrice. And even at that level I find myself avoiding him where I can. Not because I dont love him - its the constant negativity that drives me nuts.

Finally enough was enough for me so let it all out on her in one thread that was eventually closed, now all she can do is take cheap shots at me. Now that Ive let the anger out where it needed to be directed I feel less affected by her negativity.

We have told her to seek help wherever she can, only she chooses NOT to seek help, instead she comes here to complain about her supposed poor life.

There is a saying my friend from New Zealand reminded me of yesterday whilst chatting on MSN -- Your life is what you make it, and I have to absolutely agree with that statement.

So to Patrice - take in that aforementioned statement and digest it in real good, once you believe that statement - you can start making the necessary changes in order to improve yourself - but it absolutely has to start with YOU.

Cheers mates,
Dixie

How so TRUE about this quote "Your life is what you make it" also, "if you want to make life happy the only person has to do it is YOURSELF" smile

I totally agree, it's best to leave the person alone if they don't listen to ya or your advices, simply put let them fend themselves. If they belittle ya or talk back at ya, THe only person that knows the truth about you is YOURSELF .. I just chuckles at their ways, smile... I've stopped replying cause it goes nowhere I don't need this kind of thing around me smile.. Just ignore it and maybe it'll go AWAY for once!!!! lmao... smile

And, also beware of ripples .... don't let it turn your life upside down, if they treat you bad. Treat them good for the sake of urself and maybe, one day they will treat you good. ;)

And, also beware of ripples .... don't let it turn your life upside down, if they treat you bad. Treat them good for the sake of urself and maybe, one day they will treat you good. ;)

And if not, you at least have the comfort of knowing that you were the bigger, better person.

You are going to have to prove to yourself that you can make films.
So go back to Hollywood, get some volunteers (actors and helpers), pick up a camera, and start shooting. Deaf film festival will be in St. Louis on Sept 27th, go there and show your support.

Thank you all for helping me out...

I google up the deaf festival at St. Louis...
I will go there and say hi to Julia Dameron and others... maybe Mark Wood might be there.... hee hee.

I hope their movies are good or else I will think hmmm they dumped me
for this movie?

But anyway it is gonna be a helluva week, I will go and enjoy myself... LOL!!!!
:fingersx:

Thank you all for helping me out...

I google up the deaf festival at St. Louis...
I will go there and say hi to Julia Dameron and others... maybe Mark Wood might be there.... hee hee.

I hope their movies are good or else I will think hmmm they dumped me
for this movie?

But anyway it is gonna be a helluva week, I will go and enjoy myself... LOL!!!!
:fingersx:

Fellas, has she gone :crazy:?

paperbag.gif

DFM, you said so yourself, "the deaf filmmakers aren't going to make it
big in Hollywood or financially successful in Hollywood". It isn't worth it, right?
And by the way, the film "Through Deaf Eyes" didn't even make the top 150 "Nielsen tv ratings" list, which means few people were watching it.

:giggle: PBS - Puny Broadcast Show.:giggle:

Back