Im hearing and going to gallaudet...help me sign please...

I haven't even gotten into my local ITP yet, and I am already trying to plan ahead.
When I finally graduate from Suffolk County Community College I will only have an AAS. I want to at least have a bachelors. And that would mean I'd have to go to RIT/NTID or Gallaudet. Both are very far for me. Lot's of personal decisions do deal with.

aw, thats understandable. GO to gallaudet. Thats' all i can say in case you wonder.

aw, thats understandable. GO to gallaudet. Thats' all i can say in case you wonder.

I was checking on distance and surprisingly, Gally is closer than RIT. That really surprised me.

BUT......

I have family in Albany so I wouldn't be 'alone'. Yes I know I now have friends in the DC area. But it's totally different than having family. No offense guys!

I was checking on distance and surprisingly, Gally is closer than RIT. That really surprised me.

BUT......

I have family in Albany so I wouldn't be 'alone'. Yes I know I now have friends in the DC area. But it's totally different than having family. No offense guys!

Nah, No offense here. Maybe you can visit Gallaudet and see for yourself if you don't feel comfortable then go to RIT. I like gallaudet very much. it has plenty of transportation that takes you to md, va and dc anywhere in the area. :)

*sigh* the thing is.....And I am not trying to steal the thread LOL....my ex is thinking about moving down to Virginia. So if that happens and I can get into Gally, I would be closer to my son there than in NY.

BUT (lol, gah this is getting to be annoying ;P)

Another thing I have to think about is my BF. I dunno if I would want to have a long distance relationship. We have been dating for 3 yrs.

UGH so many things to think about LOL.

*sigh* the thing is.....And I am not trying to steal the thread LOL....my ex is thinking about moving down to Virginia. So if that happens and I can get into Gally, I would be closer to my son there than in NY.

BUT (lol, gah this is getting to be annoying ;P)

Another thing I have to think about is my BF. I dunno if I would want to have a long distance relationship. We have been dating for 3 yrs.

UGH so many things to think about LOL.

Gotcha. I can see that there are lots of decisions. Boy its tough between son and BF. Does BF have a good job in NY?

Gally has a wonderful commute support system.

You could use the transit system or you could use the carpool system; there are a lot of students that commute hence the support system there.

He's a manager of 3 parking garages. He's been working for his company a little over 20yrs. He makes very good money.

Its tough! I get a feeling that he won't leave there. My three siblings are so stubbornly staying in LI and refuse to leave LI. :shock:

Maybe just for summer to check out if gally offers then you will come back to home and forth instead of staying there for the whole year?? =/ I wonder does Hofstra offer one?

Its tough! I get a feeling that he won't leave there. My three siblings are so stubbornly staying in LI and refuse to leave LI. :shock:

Maybe just for summer to check out if gally offers then you will come back to home and forth instead of staying there for the whole year?? =/ I wonder does Hofstra offer one?

I am going to go to SCCC's ITP before I am going to try for Gally. I haven't found any other local colleges or Universities that offer bachelor's in ASL interpreting. Adelphi University has a Deaf Studies program but no interpreting.

I am going to go to SCCC's ITP before I am going to try for Gally. I haven't found any other local colleges or Universities that offer bachelor's in ASL interpreting.

I have not heard anything about BA in ASL interpreting in LI, too. Hope you will figure it out what to decide to go to school for ASL interpreting. That's tough decision.

I have not heard anything about BA in ASL interpreting in LI, too. Hope you will figure it out what to decide to go to school for ASL interpreting. That's tough decision.

exactly....LOL. As I said before, when I graduate from SCCC I will have an Assoicates in Applied Sciences (AAS). I would have to go to either Gally or RIT (the only 2 closest) for my Bachelors, from my research.

I tried to arrange to do an exchange to Gally for next year, but they won't accept incoming exchanges from international :(. I will have to graduate first then apply as a 1st year undergrad.. won't be for another 2 years though :(
*EQL*

Back