I'm going to the ER soon and I may be gone a few days.

:wave: welcome back!! happy to see you are alright!

$20k for first hour? ouch.......... muy painful. my ER visit costed about that much too and I only paid $100.

You prolly weren't hit by a truck on the highway. I've never had to pay that much in expenses at the ER.

Ouch!

Do you mean they were pedestrians when the truck hit them?

The truck driver wasn't insured?

That's very sad. :(

They were in a car and got rear ended. No one were insured if her story was any indication.

you will once you have an insurance.

Your sentence reads to me like I would have to pay at least 20k IF I am insured a and that doesn't make sense to me. These people weren't insured hence the high cost of their expenses incurred by the accident.

WB Deaf Skeptic! :)

I had a case of cellulitis twice in my left elbow and left foot since 2003. I am sure you are taking antibiotics and IV feed to take care of it right? Cellulitis can lead to ulcer on skins which are not pretty.
Yes. They had to treat it assgressivly with IV and now i'm back home taking antibotics.

Glad to see you're back and have been well-treated.

How long do you have to stay on antibiotics? Once that's run its course, you're done with treatment?

Stay well; hope you're feeling better.

Glad to see you're back and have been well-treated.

How long do you have to stay on antibiotics? Once that's run its course, you're done with treatment?

Stay well; hope you're feeling better.

About ten days.

Welcome Back DeafSkeptic and glad you're gettin better!!

They were in a car and got rear ended. No one were insured if her story was any indication.
It's situations like that are the reason why it's the law that all drivers must be insured. It's too easy to accumulate very high medical expenses in an auto accident.

It's hard for me to comprehend how people can drive without insurance. In South Carolina, you can't get a driver's license or auto tags without proof of insurance. Of course, if people drive without a license, which happens, then they can get away with no insurance.

That's why our auto insurance also includes uninsured drivers coverage. That means, if the other driver is uninsured, underinsured, or hit and run, we're still covered by our insurance.

http://www.alldeaf.com/auto-talk/94910-car-driver-insurance-requirements.html#post1925510

It's situations like that are the reason why it's the law that all drivers must be insured. It's too easy to accumulate very high medical expenses in an auto accident.

It's hard for me to comprehend how people can drive without insurance. In South Carolina, you can't get a driver's license or auto tags without proof of insurance. Of course, if people drive without a license, which happens, then they can get away with no insurance.

That's why our auto insurance also includes uninsured drivers coverage. That means, if the other driver is uninsured, underinsured, or hit and run, we're still covered by our insurance.

http://www.alldeaf.com/auto-talk/94910-car-driver-insurance-requirements.html#post1925510
I'm afraid some can not afford insurance and if you live out in the country, it's nearly impossible to go anywhere by foot or bus. That roommate was one of those country folks.

I'm afraid some can not afford insurance and if you live out in the country, it's nearly impossible to go anywhere by foot or bus. That roommate was one of those country folks.

And, insurance has not always been mandatory for autos.

Back