I'm going to the ER soon and I may be gone a few days.

make all the doctors swear to take good care of you (#'^'#)

Wow, you really took your time. If it were me and I had to go to the ER, I wouldn't dawdle on AllDeaf.com. I'd hightail it out of my house like my hair was on fire.... But that's just me. :P

If her ER is like our ER - it may be hours before the doctor ever sees you. The last time I was was at the ER - I waited three hours before I was seen by the doctor and it was another hour before I was released. I left thinking - if I had to wait that long, I would have been much better off to wait until morning to go to the clinic.

:giggle:

ER is pain in da arse,that's fer sho' I hope everything is ok wit'cha. :)

Last time I had surgery( appendix) the nurses would NOT let me sleep fer 8 hrs. It was pure HELL. One nurse slapped my arm as I was sleepin' in middle of night after i was drugged with liquid vicodin. I was like, damn you. I was afraid go back to sleep afterwards.

If her ER is like our ER - it may be hours before the doctor ever sees you. The last time I was was at the ER - I waited three hours before I was seen by the doctor and it was another hour before I was released. I left thinking - if I had to wait that long, I would have been much better off to wait until morning to go to the clinic.

last time I went I spent
-3 hours in the waiting room
-1 hour in the treatment room waiting for a doctor
- and after waiting for another hour to be discharged I actually walked out to the counter and stood there waiting for the papers myself because apparently they forgot I was still in there.

5 hours total and all I got out of it was 5 muscle relaxers for my back... no tests or nothing.

Went to my normal doc the next morning and was in and out including x-rays in less than 2 hours.

yeah. my friend accidently dropped the TV and hit on her tip of the pinky finger. It hurts like a heavy pinched hit. Ok. She waited less than two days and had urge to get to ER. She stayed there at the hospital for 5 days. The end/tip of pinky got hit on the nerve and it spreaded out the bad infection in fingers then hands then arms. the whole arm and hand was swollen real bad and was very hot red. :shock: She's ok now. Her pinky has been recovery for a year and she gets very sensitve if someone touches her pinky. WOW

Wow ! That is scary! My poor mom got infection at a senior housing and mom never was able get rid of the infection as her she was so old, .
I am glad your friend got better.

ER is pain in da arse,that's fer sho' I hope everything is ok wit'cha. :)

Last time I had surgery( appendix) the nurses would NOT let me sleep fer 8 hrs. It was pure HELL. One nurse slapped my arm as I was sleepin' in middle of night after i was drugged with liquid vicodin. I was like, damn you. I was afraid go back to sleep afterwards.

Yeah ER are very slow to getting to you. my hospital has two waiting rooms now one for people that have less threaten issues, and the other for people need immediate attention.

Well, talking about really bad ER's...I took my friend when she was having pains in her private area....took about an hour for her to get into a room and they told her to put her feet in the stir-ups....I was told I had to leave the room, so I did and went back to the lobby to wait...

3-4 hours later, no one came to tell me anything, so I went back to her room, to find her still in the stir-ups, fast asleep...just laying like that!...The nurses had forgotten all about her!...It was very embarrassing.

DS, are you back yet??

Just got back and I just left the hospital. It was a case of cellulitis and a mild one so I was in hospital for only 2 nights.

The first time I got cellulitis, It nearly killed me and my doctor told me that if I had waited a day longer, I might have died from it. I had to stay in hospital for 2 week and I had to have rehab 2 weeks after that/

Just got back and I just left the hospital. It was a case of cellulitis and a mild one so I was in hospital for only 2 nights.

The first time I got cellulitis, It nearly killed me and my doctor told me that if I had waited a day longer, I might have died from it. I had to stay in hospital for 2 week and I had to have rehab 2 weeks after that/

Glad things are on the up and up now.

chuckle, I got there around 8 pm and didn't see doc till 1 am and it was 3 am before they wheeled me to my room. I would have gone to wound clinc but by the time nurse got back to me it was after it closed so I had to go to ER.

Thanks to beowolf, alleycat, reba, jillio, katerivera, OB, Tousi , shel90, deafbajagal jazzberry, botts, royale, csign, ldnanna, sunny signs, PFH, beclak, ajwsimth, daredevil, ash345, jabberjay, phllips and dixie who wished me well. I appreciate it. :D

Glad you made it, deafskeptic. How was the food?

Well I didn't see my face on the milk cartoon and that's the good part.

I had to order from the cafe because I was here only briefly. Food could have been better.

Am very happy to see you back. Those infections are nothing to mess around with.

Back