I'm Getting a CI!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best way is to ensure the deaf child has access to all resources.

Not all deaf kids qualify for an implant.

Very true. I wonder what the laws are for those who don't qualify.

Now .. how did I know you were going to ask that... :lol:

I hope that they looked at all the information available, and have a plan for the future of their child. Just like any parent that does choose a CI should have such a plan...
I hope that it is their decision for their child. Not a way to prevent making a decision by postponing it soo long that the child will have to make the decision...

So, like any parent, I hope they go through some checkpoints....
What was their motivation not to implant? What is their decision based on?
Where do the parents live? Is there a Deaf community around (close by)?
Are they hearing? Are they deaf? Are they Deaf? Can they be d/Deaf role-models?
Do they know ASL? Will they learn ASL?
Are there schools for the deaf around? Will they move?
How do they see their child in 20 years

How would you answer to those questions if your child was born deaf right now..??

I already have answered these questions. My child is Deaf. :)

Now, you know this poster, rick48... He can be a prick but he tells you what's on his mind. No beating around the bush.... Why don't you give that a try?

So, how do you see his/her future?

Why focus on DEAF kid?

Look at outside where lot of HEARING people have difficulty time holding jobs or in their lives.

it has nothing to do with being DEAF. All about is emotional, mental and capable of concepting in reality. =/

Makes perfect sense to me...
Basically.. If you think it's in your child's best interest to grow up deaf in life. Fine. If you think it's in your child's best interest to hear & speak later in life, give it a CI as soon as possible.

btw.. your last sentence .... very confusing :dizzy:

I guess it's something that only hearing parents understand :dunno2:

no wonder cycle keeps cycling

If that was you on another website posting your comments to a person who decided not to wear her CI anymore, I can see why you would get banned. It's never the opinions that lock down threads, it's the attitude and tone.
No... That wasn't me.. It was the thread where I prevented going off topic by creating another thread... Think it was a reply to you... And got banned, and the thread was removed....

And attitude and tone.... Nah... Reading at what is thrown at me that cannot be a reason....

The other thread was about Deaf parents explaining how they made the decision to give their d/Deaf children cochlear implants....
Nothing happened in that thread... Suddenly .... Gone...

No... That wasn't me.. It was the thread where I prevented going off topic by creating another thread... Think it was a reply to you... And got banned, and the thread was removed....
you know that's not what happened. tell me the truth.

And attitude and tone.... Nah... Reading at what is thrown at me that cannot be a reason....

The other thread was about Deaf parents explaining how they made the decision to give their d/Deaf children cochlear implants....
Nothing happened in that thread... Suddenly .... Gone...

Really? I don't believe you. That guy on the other website commenting to the girl who didn't want to wear her implant anymore - he had a norwegian name and his writing style was identical to yours.

Whatever.

You think the admin of AD would just randomly remove threads that nothing bad happened in? Doesn't make sense since there is an entire category devoted to hearing aids and cochlear implants.

You're making it sound like you got banned just for reading threads here. C'mon.

Really? I don't believe you. That guy on the other website commenting to the girl who didn't want to wear her implant anymore - he had a norwegian name and his writing style was identical to yours.

Whatever.

You think the admin of AD would just randomly remove threads that nothing bad happened in? Doesn't make sense since there is an entire category devoted to hearing aids and cochlear implants.

You're making it sound like you got banned just for reading threads here. C'mon.

It's comical. What's sad, he aint foolin' anybody.

Wasn't me...
Apart from that.. I'm not Norwegian. I'm Dutch, living in Norway..

So I was banned here because of what someone with a Norwegian name wrote on another web side.... (where I have not been as I am only posting here...)

Wasn't me...
Apart from that.. I'm not Norwegian. I'm Dutch, living in Norway..

So I was banned here because of what someone with a Norwegian name wrote on another web side.... (where I have not been as I am only posting here...)

What? You've gotta be kidding me. In no way did I say that you got banned here because of comments posted to someone else on a different website.

What is with hearing parents having an inability to read what deaf people say? It's unreal.

Whatever.

I actually saw that other thread that Cloggy is referring to. It had one reply I think. A few hours later I went to look to read replies and it was gone.

I actually saw that other thread that Cloggy is referring to. It had one reply I think. A few hours later I went to look to read replies and it was gone.

So, what was the thread and what was the response?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back