I'm Back!

Although I did welcome you back on your Visitor messages last night, I want to say how proud I am you haven't gotten banned again!! (yet ) :P

I've already welcomed you back in the other thread but I'll welcome you back here too.

You have been missed and welcome back!

Let's keep debating & sharing our POVs like we always have.. oh yes, be-have! [as if we both will!] :giggle:

naughtywag_smilie.gif

** it's a silly emoticon shaking his finger in a goofy way, saying - "naughty naughty!"

HA - i've been wondering.... how is your CTS???

HA - i've been wondering.... how is your CTS???

In my left hand, it's worse. I'm now at the point where I can't hold an object.

Fortunately, the CTS in my right hand is stable.

I asked my GP if I could have 6 more sessions of physical therapy. She agreed, but told me "You can't put surgery off much longer. If you do, you will lose complete function in both of your hands." This really surprised me because the CTS in my right hand is only mild to moderate. I also thought hand surgeons won't perform surgery unless CTS is considered severe. That being said, in my case there may be an exception given my blindness and how much I use my hands.

I'm currently in the process of scheduling an EMG (electromyography). An EMG is a test designed to determine the extent of nerve damage by delivering electrical impulses through the hand.

Once that is done, I will see a hand surgeon to discuss my options for surgery. I'm really not thrilled about the idea of surgery, but perhaps I can have my left hand taken care of now and my right hand done later.

If truth be told, I don't think surgery will make any difference since the reason I developed CTS in the first place was because of using a computer for over 20 years. That isn't going to change once I have surgery which means that my CTS can always come back.

Although I did welcome you back on your Visitor messages last night, I want to say how proud I am you haven't gotten banned again!! (yet ) :P

:laugh2:

You'll be happy to know that I've been a good girl ever since I logged on last night. :lol:

Been so busy today.. Decided to poke my head in and wanted to say.

Welcome back gal!

:)

:wave: HA!!!

Been thinking about ya' - when u were coming back on and what you were doing.

Am sorry to know about the CTS in your hands and the worsening of it....is that Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or something else? Hubby has mild of that if that's what you were referring to.

:hug::

:welcome: back to AllDeaf. I am really happy to have you back and not get ban again. Looking forward to debate/to discuss on many of the Deafness topics. Just don't get carry away and not get into the mistake of getting ban. I am sorry about your CTS and hope you get what you need to have your hands get fix so that you won't have to go through pain. 20 years on the computer is a long time. I am rooting for you to get well soon. See you around, Hear Again. <thumb up>

Back