if you wore cochlear implant, will you become hearing?

Cochlear implants aren't curable miracle workers. They're just a simple advanced bionic technology.

im not plans have CI because my parents cant afford for that when my mom hardly pay monthly or years on my hearing aids when i was little girls..

IF i have my own kids somedays i would can get CI for my kids no matter i would chose in future..

Wirelessly posted

If I take off my glasses I can't see worth a damn so that make me hard of seeing or blind without my glasses?

Yes. You wouldn't need glasses if your vision was perfect, now, would you? But you really can't compare visual issues with hearing issues, for many reasons.

[FONT=&quot]When you have an implant implanted, first your natural cochlear is removed. This leaves you with absolutely no hearing ability at all. Not with hearing aids or anything - impossible to hear. The cochlear is implanted and it replaces the function of your natural cochlear. It might work and it might not. You might hear sound and it might be better than you heard before or not. No one can tell you what the sound you hear will be like - only what they experience.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When you have an implant implanted, first your natural cochlear is removed. This leaves you with absolutely no hearing ability at all. Not with hearing aids or anything - impossible to hear. The cochlear is implanted and it replaces the function of your natural cochlear. It might work and it might not. You might hear sound and it might be better than you heard before or not. No one can tell you what the sound you hear will be like - only what they experience.[/FONT]

:laugh2: Have you also heard that they do it with a melonballer?

My daughter just had her residual hearing tested. Four years after receiving the first of 2 CIs, her residual hearing has dropped by ~5 db across the board. Her hearing in her unimplanted ear had dropped a bit more than that in just one year prior to surgery. Her cochlea wasn't removed in either surgery. CIs wouldn't work without using the natural cochlea in which the electrode array is threaded.

Back