If you were president

I have the same ideas as some of youse.

*I agree with 100% captioning in Cinemas and TV and DVDS.

*Mandatory ASL in every schools, colleges and workplaces.

*Interpreters to be available for every appointments and whatnot.

*Deaf schools are to be open permanently and deaf babies to young kids are to go there.

*Make sure all educational standard for the deaf are on par with the hearing.

*Make parents, and all relatives of the deaf kid learn sign language and put CC on TV at all times.

*Make services more accessible to deaf people like bank for a loan with all the fine details.

*Oral only schools and AGB are to be outlawed! *snicker*

*No more glass ceiling for deaf, women and minorities in workplace.

*Tough stances on domestic abuse, children and animal abuses and murders and rapists.

*All paedophiles are to be euthanized!

*Healthy non additives food & drinks to be served in schools and colleges.

*Set up programs to help low-income people and others obtain a low interest mortgage for a house.

*Forced rehabilitation of any kinds for everyone who has addictions.

*Deadbeat fathers and mothers must have their wages garnished to pay child supports and they cannot go on dole so they could avoid paying child support.

*Make sure every cops knows how to deal with deaf people in an appropriate way.

*Set up flexible schooling for those who wants to get their GED or degree, and ensure it's low cost.

*Health care are to be accessible by all!

*School uniforms are compulsory in every schools.

*Make all unsuitable parents give up their kids for adoption so the said kids can have better chance at life.

*Make every homes environment-friendly

I'm sure I have more but....later

I have the same ideas as some of youse.

*I agree with 100% captioning in Cinemas and TV and DVDS.

*Mandatory ASL in every schools, colleges and workplaces.

*Interpreters to be available for every appointments and whatnot.

*Deaf schools are to be open permanently and deaf babies to young kids are to go there.

*Make sure all educational standard for the deaf are on par with the hearing.

*Make parents, and all relatives of the deaf kid learn sign language and put CC on TV at all times.

*Make services more accessible to deaf people like bank for a loan with all the fine details.

*Oral only schools and AGB are to be outlawed! *snicker*

*No more glass ceiling for deaf, women and minorities in workplace.

*Tough stances on domestic abuse, children and animal abuses and murders and rapists.

*All paedophiles are to be euthanized!

*Healthy non additives food & drinks to be served in schools and colleges.

*Set up programs to help low-income people and others obtain a low interest mortgage for a house.

*Forced rehabilitation of any kinds for everyone who has addictions.

*Deadbeat fathers and mothers must have their wages garnished to pay child supports and they cannot go on dole so they could avoid paying child support.

*Make sure every cops knows how to deal with deaf people in an appropriate way.

*Set up flexible schooling for those who wants to get their GED or degree, and ensure it's low cost.

*Health care are to be accessible by all!

*School uniforms are compulsory in every schools.

*Make all unsuitable parents give up their kids for adoption so the said kids can have better chance at life.

*Make every homes environment-friendly

I'm sure I have more but....later

You have more? Save them for your second term, Madame President! :giggle:

Wow, very good ideas in here :applause:

I have to say that I enjoy OC (Open Captioning) best. CC and RW are ok, but OC allows for everything mentioned by others - enough screen to place a whole sentance so that the text makes sense/ properly spelled words/ speech signs/signals and just an enjoyment from any chair in the theatre.:popcorn:

Oh yes - I also agree with world peace :giggle:

oh yeah another one---

Outlaw this stupid pathetic discrimination against same sex couples who want to adopt or foster children. If someone is willing and offering a child a good loving stable home and have passed all background checks, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to get a child out of the foster system and into a place they can call 'home'.

Im also curious - do certain states tend to discriminate against deaf/hoh people who want to adopt even though they are stable?

Wow, very good ideas in here :applause:

I have to say that I enjoy OC (Open Captioning) best. CC and RW are ok, but OC allows for everything mentioned by others - enough screen to place a whole sentance so that the text makes sense/ properly spelled words/ speech signs/signals and just an enjoyment from any chair in the theatre.:popcorn:

Oh yes - I also agree with world peace :giggle:

I agree with OC. Oc doesn't have so much wordsalltogether or cutoffsudde or missing important . or just weird symb#@ls. If president, I order OC for all - including conversation. ;).

Wow, 2 votes only for world peace - :iolol:

Holiday.

If I was president I would make Hellen Keller`s birthday a holiday.

oh yeah another one---

Outlaw this stupid pathetic discrimination against same sex couples who want to adopt or foster children. If someone is willing and offering a child a good loving stable home and have passed all background checks, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to get a child out of the foster system and into a place they can call 'home'.

Im also curious - do certain states tend to discriminate against deaf/hoh people who want to adopt even though they are stable?

I so agree with this. I think that many kids would have a better home with same sex parents that some of the foster families out there who are just trying to scam mony. They want these kids. They will love these kids. I'm adopted, though I was only in a foster home for a few weeks, and I think adoption is great! :h5:

I wouldn't exactly make ASL mandatory unless I included a very good English program that uses a kind of sign language that helps students learn English and proper grammar.

Huh? Asl does that..what kind of sign language are u talking about? The only sign languages are ASL, FSL, SSL, GSL and more.

oh yeah another one---

Point #1: Hear, Hear! I'm with you on that one!

Point #2 It's illegal, but that's not to say it doesn't happen.:cool:

Frying spiders? lol Now that interesting one you would say! ha

But maybe tasty!

WARNING! :iobarf:

From Sunday Telegraph: Tuck into a Tarantula

"There isn't a lot of meat on a spider's breast but, as Rhymer Rigby is happy to report, there are plenty of legs to go round

I was enjoying my first spider outside Phnom Pen market when I heard a highly agitated voice behind me: "Oh my Gaahd, what are yooouu eating?" Turning, I saw an American tourist staring at me with an understandable mixture of revulsion and fascination. Trying to sound casual, I replied: "Spider - would you like a leg?" - So what does spider taste like? Well, you might expect it to be crispy on the outside and gooey in the middle and that's not a bad start. The legs are pleasantly crunchy and have little flesh in them. Then you get to the head and body which have a delicate white meat inside, rather like a cross between chicken and cod. These bits are quite moreish and the only downside is that, after munching a few, you can develop little spider fur balls in your throat.

But then there's the spider's large, globular abdomen. This is the only really disturbing part of the animal: it's full of a dark brown paste that includes everything from eggs to the heart and spider excrement. One local man enthusiastically claimed these were a delicacy and was energetically popping spider rears into his mouth like grapes. But even some o£ the sellers blanched at this display of arachno-machismo."

Or for normal people for Halloween:

From Recipe Zaar: Chocolate Spiders recipe

1 packet of fried noodles, broken into small pieces
2 tablespoons peanut butter
200 g baking chocolate

1. Microwave chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl for about 30 seconds on high.
2. If not melted and then microwave again in 5 second intervals.
3. Mix well until it is a smooth paste.
4. Add noodles and coat them well.
5. Spoon the mixture in dessertspoon sized blobs onto greaseproof paper or into patty papers.
6. Place in fridge until the chocolate sets.
7. You can also give these spiders eyes by sticking chocolate chips onto them.

Back to topic........:)

But maybe tasty!

"There isn't a lot of meat on a spider's breast but, as Rhymer Rigby is happy to report, there are plenty of legs to go round

I was enjoying my first spider outside Phnom Pen market when I heard a highly agitated voice behind me: "Oh my Gaahd, what are yooouu eating?" Turning, I saw an American tourist staring at me with an understandable mixture of revulsion and fascination. Trying to sound casual, I replied: "Spider - would you like a leg?" - So what does spider taste like? Well, you might expect it to be crispy on the outside and gooey in the middle and that's not a bad start. The legs are pleasantly crunchy and have little flesh in them. Then you get to the head and body which have a delicate white meat inside, rather like a cross between chicken and cod. These bits are quite moreish and the only downside is that, after munching a few, you can develop little spider fur balls in your throat.

But then there's the spider's large, globular abdomen. This is the only really disturbing part of the animal: it's full of a dark brown paste that includes everything from eggs to the heart and spider excrement. One local man enthusiastically claimed these were a delicacy and was energetically popping spider rears into his mouth like grapes. But even some o£ the sellers blanched at this display of arachno-machismo."

Or for normal people for Halloween:

From Recipe Zaar: Chocolate Spiders recipe

1 packet of fried noodles, broken into small pieces
2 tablespoons peanut butter
200 g baking chocolate

1. Microwave chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl for about 30 seconds on high.
2. If not melted and then microwave again in 5 second intervals.
3. Mix well until it is a smooth paste.
4. Add noodles and coat them well.
5. Spoon the mixture in dessertspoon sized blobs onto greaseproof paper or into patty papers.
6. Place in fridge until the chocolate sets.
7. You can also give these spiders eyes by sticking chocolate chips onto them.

Off topic.....I love that recipe! Yummy!

But maybe tasty!

Now, why am I not hungry any more? :P
Just when I thought it was safe to go back to the threads, I keep running into spiders.

Back