If you were me, Would you report ?

You've had every right to look out for them and report the mother.

This consitutes as ground for removal of the boys. I hope their situation will improve. I doubt the mother will change.

Yep, I'd dob the parents in.

I believe that they would charged their mother. I feel bad for the kids who
rotten, terribly cold, and shivering. :mad: So, I feel terrible. :(

I think you should report to the school and DSS. I bet.

That make me sick because their parents won't come back! :pissed:

Kalista: :hug: You did the right thing. I'm sorry you had to go through this.

Oh my gosh .. that terrible to hear ... i agree with those people here and you did the right things.
I am single parent almost for 10 years I wouldn't dare to do like this and my kids must to come first... Wonder were there got enough foods for 10 days? Yes i agree with you over this grandmother didn't use her common sense .. my mum is older than her she sure would piss off and report it once...
:hug: I does to understand how does you feeling it does break my heart to hear this...

You made the right decision, the needs of your children should always come before your own selfish desires. I can't believe those kids were left to freeze and starve without any power just so the folks could attend a cruise they had no business taking in the first place. (If you can't afford to pay essential bills like utilities, you can't afford a luxurious one week siesta)

I would have reported them in a heartbeat regardless if they were 'friends' or not. Real friends don't let their friends neglect their children. They need a serious wake up call.

I would have taken the two boys myself, taken them out to eat a nice meal, let them come to my house to clean up and put on clean clothes and get warm and called the Department of Human Services and explained the situation to the investigator. Both boys would have likely been moved to a caring foster family that night and the parents would have been sitting in cold hard jail cells.

Anyone that neglects their child to on a $5,000 cruise has some mental issues and probably don't need to be having children in their custody. That stuff would NOT fly with me at all.

A BIG Kudos to Kalista for doing the right thing. Don't you ever think about second guessing your decision in the situation. You know you did the right thing for those two boys so you should be proud of yourself.

Well, I disagree with all of you. You should not rat on your best friends. Who care about boys and grandmother!!!

Do you think I will say that? OF COURSE NOT!! You did the right thing by having law enforcement involve in this.

I already report to CPS on my long distant cousin 3 years ago in Christmas because everytime, she got money, she blew it on lottery and her 6 years old boy was so freeze by wearing short and tight t-shirt and strave. That made me upset. So I took him in and dressed him warm clothes and feed him a load of eggo. Then I told him that I am going to call CPS and have them take care of him. He said ok becasue he was tired of being neglected. So CPS came and took report on it. Police arrested my cousin and I called my aunt about him. SO my aunt took him in as her guardian that made her so happy to see him since he was baby. So Today, my aunt and boy are doing great. So you did the right thing. Smile

kalista.. u did the right thing by reporting the parents cuz they were wrong to leave the kids in dark and cold place with rotten foods etc. spending the kids money on their pleasure is beyond me. the money shouldnt be used for luxury and i know they will lose the ss checks since they didnt used it on kids and utlities. this is wrong! i felt bad for the kids but i am glad they are in a warm home with foods to eat. that is all that matters. dont feel bad .. U know U DID THE RIGHT THING! Andrew wuld be proud of you and I am, too! Hugs!

Are you saying that they took off for vacation and left their 2 kids at home alone?

with 70 years old grandmother.

But still I don't mind grandma watch my kids but my bills has to be P A I D before we go on vacation. That's what we would do. Poor kids. :(

Are you saying that they took off for vacation and left their 2 kids at home alone?

Now, the deaf cruise should be over by now..

those parents will be return home any day now..

just hope that Kalista not get into serious trouble between them..
Remember she is doing right thing for the kids..

:) Kalista ... dont forget us, we are here for you!.. :hug:

Oh yes ... I agree with you. I'm worry about that. Ofc Kalista did the right thing. I'm VERY concerning if the parents of those kids find out it was Kalista reported, they "might" harrass or even hurt Kalista. I've been praying that they wouldn't do that. If I were her shoes I rather be "unknown" who reported. This way I don't have to worry about myself in the future. I still don't understand why those kids' grandmother didn't do anything about problem at home. Why didn't she contact electricity company to find out why the power went off? Why didn't she ask for HELP? Ofc it's kids' parents should know better in case of emergency what's next. It's also kids' grandmother neglecting them because she didn't get help.

Yes the cruise is over so anytime kids's parents will be inform anytime now. We will find out what's the true story going on.

Kalista ... please keep us update.

Believe it or not... They paged other Deaf lady, they mentioned - The parents stayed in Florida other day (yesterday). They had a good time cruise blah blah... Did not ask her, how are the boys doing at all.. Can you imagine that...

They will fly down Boston at 6pm tonight, should be home by 8pm. I do not know what Social Worker would do with them. I have not go over their house last night, I was too exhausted work until 1am with emergency situation at group home.

I just found out that they will take limo tonight with champagne. Ugh... Unbelievable, they spend thousand dollars on luxury.

Believe it or not... They paged other Deaf lady, they mentioned - The parents stayed in Florida other day (yesterday). They had a good time cruise blah blah... Did not ask her, how are the boys doing at all.. Can you imagine that...

They will fly down Boston at 6pm tonight, should be home by 8pm. I do not know what Social Worker would do with them. I have not go over their house last night, I was too exhausted work until 1am with emergency situation at group home.

I just found out that they will take limo tonight with champagne. Ugh... Unbelievable, they spend thousand dollars on luxury.

I wouldnt imaged that I leaving kids for a week or more without knowing how they are doing...... I would call or page or vp or email to keep in touch with my kids/babysitter etc.. if there's no connection.. there are ALWAYS find a way.. talk to some staff where to get in touch with.. etc etc.. (shakes head).. I always make sure our kids are in good hands and dont give babysitter hard time lol.. :)

Sighs.. big shame.. but they might add up excuses.. no connection, how to get in touch with .. etc.. I wouldnt believe that crap..

OH GAWD!!!!!!!!! Kids comes first than party or stay an extra day in FLA etc etc! SHAME on them!!!

I would find another way to get in touch with my kids...I did that when my kid was with my mom for 2 and half weeks. She or I called each other and let me or her know everything is OK and let my son know how much I miss and love him. He felt good that I show that I care!

So let the DSS worker take care of it and I am sure the kids are okay with someone else for now. As long as they get a yummy warm meal, warm bed with blanket, warm house, love etc.

Wha... luxury they are having good time.. ? Just wait until They will arrive home and big break their hearts out for no kids around and seeing business card (DSS)

Give them huge Sh/t for sure..

Kalista, you will not do anything as long just step back netural.. If they are trying to harrasing you... Only the way ticket, call police to have them stay away from you as long they are not wake up smell the coffee and took their vacation first place and leaving the two young children as home alone..

Not you or else problem.. Their own hands gonna tied up problem.

AWWW---- Well keep us update on those parents and boys. I am curious about their reaction toinght. But They all in my prayer and God is full of mercy upon them but what they did is no excuse.

Spend on luxury? Kids are luxury than cruise!!

My wife and I have a 3 year old daughter of our own and as much as we would love to take a cruise, however, our daughter's needs comes first. You did the absolute right thing in reporting them to the proper authorities. I would not hesitate to report if I was in that predicament without DELAY! --R.

Oh boy what a terrible parents, as they thinks cruise is number one than their own kids, bills, and food. *smh*

Kalista, you did the right thing to reported it to school and CPS.

I hope their kids gonna be ok now. Guess wait and see what happens with the parents returning home.

Back