If you have your own kid...

Cookie Monster said:
I will encourage diversity for my future children from reading books to watching the telly with the family and I don't like the idea of using the cartoons as a built-in babysitter for a crutch. :nono: Children thrive on stimulation by going outside and being with their peers. There are children that spend 18 hours in front of the telly.
I agree with what you said and that's what I plan to do when I have a child. I made a topic about it sometimes ago.

Eve said:
cookie monster, i wouldnt approve of the tv as a built-in-babysitter either, but there are times that parents do need 30 min. downtime to do laundry, dishes, cook, pay bills, etc. and i can assure you, it doesnt all get done during naptime.

Granted, the telly is there when the parents really need the time to themselves and hey, don't get me wrong! I'm with you, parents do need time to themselves! Naptime does not get everything all done and Blue's Clues and Dora... how could you not like those telly programs? Why do you think I'm called Cookie Monster? :lol:

Back