If you have your own kid...

I don't like Barney and Teletubbies even spogebob.. if my kids want to watch them, thats fine. I used to watch pink panther, and old cartoon shows in 80's which are not on TV anymore.

If I had kids, I would probably let them watch Barney, Playschool, Sesame Street, Banana in Pyjamas, The Wiggles, The Donut Man, and Disney's films. Really, anything that takes their fancy and it's of educational value.

Absolutely NO Teletubbies though

Disney's films from the 50s, 60s, and 70s; Blue's Clues; Sesame Street; Bugs Bunny cartoons, any TV show (family oriented) like "Facts of Life", "Cosby Show", "Family Ties". And the Animal Planet and the Discovery Channels.

My children like to watch TV's
Cartoon Network, Home and Away, Buffy and even Jerry Springer's Show!! :ugh:

teletubbies.....ugh

But I hear Rev. Jerry Falwell LOVES *I cant remember that purple teletubby's name*

FALWEL1.jpg

Twinkie Winkie I think ( that one was a So called gay teletubbie cuz of the triangle LOOK at that )

javapride said:
Twinkie Winkie I think ( that one was a So called gay teletubbie cuz of the triangle LOOK at that )

Actually because Twinkie always have purse with him 24/7 besides being purple and triangle on his head.

I have an 18 months old daughter here and she doesn't watch any cartoons except for the Rug Commerical. :giggle: She enjoys Sesame music and books though.

I would try and not have my kids watch that much TV. Whatever TV they will watch will be educational. Same thing with computer related games. Educational and mind building activities.

Not gonna watch tv.

Gonna make my kids read books, play games, make cookies with me, rent best cartoon movie every once a week, and stuff like that....

Deaf258 said:
Yeah, I am with you there 110%!

When I get fed up with the kids talking and singing Barney this and Barney that all damn day long, I do this trick. For lunch, I tell the kids as I pour them grape juice/koolaid, "Oh, by the way, kids, isn't *THAT* a delicious drink?!?! Yes?? I have a secret to tell you. :big grin: Because you talked Barney all the damn time, I decided to punish him and kill him, draining him dry of his purple blood. *gasp!* Oh, wait, you're drinking it right now!"

I guess you just crossed my name off the list of your future children's potential babysitters. ;)

Haha, good idea. You're so macrabe I love it.

If I had kids, I'd want them to be interested in the world and diverse cultures through the TV medium.. and still not let them watch too much of TV at a time. National Geographic channel, animal planet, discovery, (PBS if I had it available here)... and let them read the National Geographic society magazines for the amazing photos. And probably add in some Sesame street if that is available here, too. And let them pick four hours worth of TV of their own choosing as a reward in the weekends, with shows that are acceptable for kiddies.

Gee, I sure loved those morning cartoons...

LinuxGold said:
3-2-1 contact, History channel, Walt Disney, Tom & Jerry and such.

I agree with you on this with one exception. I think some shows on the History Channel might be too intense for really young kids. However, I agree with you that they should watch educational television.

We let my sister's kids watch Disney movies, Sesame Street and other cartoons. Just this year we started allowing them to see Star Wars and the Harry Potter movies. My nephew is a very sensitive child and these movies frightened him up until very recently.

My son is 3 years old on June 1, and he loves watching cartoon, Every morning he watch Sesame Street, The Wiggles, Bob the Builders, and also he likes watching any animation movies like THe Monsters, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, etc.

My children loves cartoon TV, Walt Disney, animals, too.

Especially Croc. Hunter (Steve Erwin).

My children like to watch on TV about cultures.

my kids shall be watching at young age from 1 to 4 - dora(the spanish girl), blue clues, all of these disney's shows except for some movies are off point on that channel... nick's, and warner's bros.. and PBS!

My son watches "Bob the Builder" (he also has movies-dvd/vhs), "The Wiggles", "Thomas the Tank Engine", "Sesame Street" and few other cartoons.

;) :thumb: My foster son likes to watch Tom and Jerry, that's his favorite. Animal planet and the Disney Cartoon channel.

We have some videos by Linda Bove and he enjoys watching that because he knows what the story is about through sign language. What is great, he will tell me what the story is about, which makes him feel good. I wish there were a lot more children's programs and cartoon that had ASL for out deaf children to get themselves interested in.

I will encourage diversity for my future children from reading books to watching the telly with the family and I don't like the idea of using the cartoons as a built-in babysitter for a crutch. :nono: Children thrive on stimulation by going outside and being with their peers. There are children that spend 18 hours in front of the telly.

cookie monster, i wouldnt approve of the tv as a built-in-babysitter either, but there are times that parents do need 30 min. downtime to do laundry, dishes, cook, pay bills, etc. and i can assure you, it doesnt all get done during naptime.

i prefer blue's clues for the sign language aspect of it, and bob the builder, since that is the only show primarily directed at boys. i HATE barney, what a retard! and the wiggles is just a little too pansy for my taste.

Back