If given the chance to be hearing would you?

What do you mean by this? Stem cells can at least make one less deaf. If you could choose how much hearing youd like to have, what would it be? Would it be the same loss at every frequency?

deafdude1, she is saying that if she can't get complete restoration, what's the point? And don't debate on the possibility of complete restoration until it has been proven. So far it is only theoretical.

The premise of the thread is asking "if you have a chance to be completely hearing, with no dead zones whatsoever or other shortfalls of technology, would you take it?"

i would love it if it has a switch on and off.

I am hearing and I agree with you. Sometimes the things that people say and how they say them are irritating an hurtful. But I honestly just love the sound of someone i know and loves' voice. I love music and hearing is a sense that amazes me. Kind of ironic because I love Deaf people!!! And I love ASL and I love how Deaf people are so strong and proud. This is the reason I'm getting involved with Deaf community is because I want to see on both sides of the fence.

:giggle: I can do that with my CI. If my kid whines too much or if I hear something that I don't like, I can just turn off my CI. :giggle:

Same here. I love being able to sleep at night in complete silence. My sister told me how jealous she is that I'm not awakened on the 4th of July by fireworks or at 6:30am by someone cutting the grass. :) I really love being able to control the silence, but in regards to whether or not I'd want to be "fully" hearing (as in having "normal" hearing) I don't think I would. I don't know what it means to have normal hearing since I've had a mild hearing loss since age 3 that has been progressive in nature. I don't know any differently and as the saying goes, "You can't miss what you never had."

I love sleeping in silence too!! My sister was woken up the other morning by the kid turning the tv up and down on full blast:giggle:

I like to tease my family and say it didnt wake me up!! we have a good laugh then because they find it funny!

I know, me too!!! I love sleeping in Silence. I can not sleep if there are sounds... it must be silence for me in order to sleep. My family had made quite few comments about how they are jealous that I can sleep through about everything and not be waken up by sounds!

Last night it took me ages to sleep cos all I kept getting was tinnitus, just like 1 continous longgggg beep but with no sound

Even right now my CI is off as I read this. Sometimes I take a short nap and that's when silence comes in handy. Another thing to add, I usually work on my homework in silence - it helps me to focus.

Last night it took me ages to sleep cos all I kept getting was tinnitus, just like 1 continous longgggg beep but with no sound

Tinnitus is incredibly annoying. I tend to get it the most when laying down to go to sleep too.

No ways in Hell...I love being deaf...If you look at it positively, it's got way more advantages, and sometimes if you really think about it...we all need to accept who we are before we can actually prosper in the world today...

No ways in Hell...I love being deaf...If you look at it positively, it's got way more advantages, and sometimes if you really think about it...we all need to accept who we are before we can actually prosper in the world today...

Amen!

And I like your signature. :p

Tell me the advantages? Also what's the point of CI to hear more if being deaf has way more advantages?

I would do so in a second. I've always been severe/profound hoh and so I'm always between worlds (deaf don't consider me deaf and hearing don't consider me fully hearing). I long to hear out of both ears and it would be awesome for me. I'd no longer have to deal with ear molds...hearing aids...and the social stigmas of being severe-profound hoh at a young age.

OMG. I'd get a chance to be fully hearing while I'm young enough to enjoy it. :D :D :D :D

Tell me the advantages? Also what's the point of CI to hear more if being deaf has way more advantages?

Whoa..that was rude of you. Kashveera has such a great postive attitude about her deafness and she doesnt dwell on it. That's the attitude I admire more than this one.

Whoa..that was rude of you. Kashveera has such a great postive attitude about her deafness and she doesnt dwell on it. That's the attitude I admire more than this one.

No doubt. That is why I reminded him of his quote to respect the Deaf for their decisions. He totally ignored that.

Back