Ideal for Collectors/Deaf Museums

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1111

Reaction score
I would like to donate original TeleCaption decoder (sold by Sears in 1980). PM if interested.

Have you tried contacting Lexington School for the Deaf (NYC), Rochester School for the Deaf (Rochester) or New York School for the Deaf (Rome, I believe). They probably have some kind of museums for the deaf. :)

Actually, there is no such thing as a museum for the deaf. There is only one archives of deafness, and it is at Gallaudet University. They want to make it into a museum but there is no money for it right now...maybe someday.

You can find out about donating to the Gallaudet Archives here:
Donating Materials

Actually, there is no such thing as a museum for the deaf. There is only one archives of deafness, and it is at Gallaudet University. They want to make it into a museum but there is no money for it right now...maybe someday.

You can find out about donating to the Gallaudet Archives here:
Donating Materials

Etoile, Thank you for your reply, your suggestion is helpful. Although the Gallaudet Archives wouldn't take my decoder, I was able to donate my other things. I will definitely use the Archives again in the future. I really appreciated your reply. Thanks so much! :ty:

I thought there was a museam at American School for the Deaf?

Mod's Note;

The thread is closed at the thread creator's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back