idea for front page

illustrator

Reaction score
what's your idea about place the front page?

I usually like to have neat images on the front page with some information as I thought it would be interest for the visitor to keep click and click em.

a snappy flash intro. :p

no not really...The about page should be the first thing seen that a commerical site should have.

Yes, it's important to have the about page first. If you really want a Flash intro, then I suggest you make a simple page with a simple or small image in the middle. On the bottom, it says "About" "Enter" & "Flash Intro". That way, if people feel like seeing the arts, they can click on the 3rd. If they are ready to go, they can click on the 2nd. If they are new, they can click on the 1st.

It's better to have combine with flash than rather to have flash alone in the front page before it move to second front page as "standard"

Originally posted by illustrator
It's better to have combine with flash than rather to have flash alone in the front page before it move to second front page as "standard"

It depends on what the flash would contain. Last time I created an intro....it used php scripts to use variables on the fly.

Hmmmmmm...*Me sits and watches the convo as she wanna learn the steps of using Front Page and probably other programs in using for setting up homepages, etc. *
I'm such an illeterate computer user. I only know the basics and some moderately difficult stuff. :Oops:

I suggest a nude pic of the women members of alldeaf

I didn't meant not intended offense to those who like Microsoft FrontPage. I consider it as worst web authoring app. I know lot of web designers and developers dislike FrontPage. Because FrontPage have all kinds of strange, bloated non-sense tags in their source of HTML code.

I know it is relatively off-topic... but here it goes. I find that somewhat ironic about M$ Corporation. M$ hires talented, skilled software programmers or engineers to develop and code whatever applications at Microsoft. What I meant, why they are making it more difficult or just to complicate coding in their applications. Let's point out to the reference to so-called virus-infected PCs all over the world because Microsoft have failed to fix bugs in Windows XP home edition (as well as professional editions). It doesn't happen once, it has happened more than once.

Last year alone, in fact, there were over 65 security breaches/bugs in Windows XP. That is why there are so many hackers found a way to hack and broke into Windows XP. I mean, it is a fatal joke... M$ have all kinds of talented, skilled people at their payroll and they failed to deliver quality apps by any means.

Although, I use MS Office for Mac. It is a good application for good business productivity. But when it comes down to Internet use, and Window XP's so-called tight-integrity of buddled software including M$ Internet Explorer along with MS Office, M$ failed to deliver quality service to protect customers from ongoing viruses.

VamPyroX said:
Yes, it's important to have the about page first. If you really want a Flash intro, then I suggest you make a simple page with a simple or small image in the middle. On the bottom, it says "About" "Enter" & "Flash Intro". That way, if people feel like seeing the arts, they can click on the 3rd. If they are ready to go, they can click on the 2nd. If they are new, they can click on the 1st.
Like Kenny Rogers had, the option for people who either want or not want flash features.

ventiCM said:
I didn't meant not intended offense to those who like Microsoft FrontPage. I consider it as worst web authoring app. I know lot of web designers and developers dislike FrontPage. Because FrontPage have all kinds of strange, bloated non-sense tags in their source of HTML code.

That is your assumption. My assumption is that Frontpage was made for the masses, and not the professionals. So why rag on it? It's so the normal Joe Blow of Mashingtown, Wisconsin can do web! Not so VentiCM of MyGreatWebDesigning Co can do fancy websites.. correct? :)

[Miscellaneous Windows Bashing Statements]

You are forgetting that Unices, Linuxes have many holes but they do not gain as much focus as M$ does. Why? because M$ is the world's biggest corporation and of course everyone wants to beat up the Goliath....

Besides, you're a hardcore Mac user. It's no use in hearing stuff from you :wink:

Yeah, I agree with ventiCM. My opinion Macromedia Dreamweaver MX is the BEST program! I am currently work for Department of Transportation for California State as a webmaster. They provide/support ONLY Dreamweaver program. However if you feel comfortable with Frontpage then I would suggest you to stick with it.

Flash movie is a great but be sure to make it short intro. movie with a link on bottom to allow people to skip the intro. movie. If you can show me your work, I am more than happy to give you some feedback.

Loopalooza said:
That is your assumption. My assumption is that Frontpage was made for the masses, and not the professionals. So why rag on it? It's so the normal Joe Blow of Mashingtown, Wisconsin can do web! Not so VentiCM of MyGreatWebDesigning Co can do fancy websites.. correct? :)

[Miscellaneous Windows Bashing Statements]

You are forgetting that Unices, Linuxes have many holes but they do not gain as much focus as M$ does. Why? because M$ is the world's biggest corporation and of course everyone wants to beat up the Goliath....

Besides, you're a hardcore Mac user. It's no use in hearing stuff from you :wink:
You're correct in that FrontPage was made for the masses, and not the professionals. However, how do you expect for the masses to grow up to professional level by just using FrontPage? I am not saying that to discourage people from using it, but to make the exceptional web site, then FrontPage isn't the way to go. FrontPage, in comparison, is like pbrush.exe to dreamweaver's, (better yet, only a notepad and hard thinking) PhotoShop software.

You will be surprised in how much focus Linux has gained in past few years. Micro$oft is currently viewing Linux as a serious threat to its server software. Again, Linux aren't for the masses, but for those who are serious into computing. Micro$oft's software is, again, like into pbrush.exe as Linux is to PhotoShop software. Powercycling, realibility and everything that Linux has to offer, are generous. Linux is the small role to the UNIX world.

Hell, if all cars are built on OS, and given the choice, I would pick Linux over Micro$haft's OS. And I would paint it with dreamweaver and notepad rather than FrontPage to make it look beautiful.

LinuxGold said:
You will be surprised in how much focus Linux has gained in past few years. Micro$oft is currently viewing Linux as a serious threat to its server software. Again, Linux aren't for the masses, but for those who are serious into computing. Micro$oft's software is, again, like into pbrush.exe as Linux is to PhotoShop software. Powercycling, realibility and everything that Linux has to offer, are generous. Linux is the small role to the UNIX world.

Though, I am 'die-hard' Mac consumer. Set that aside, I agree with your observation about Lunix vs M$ in terms of servers in the past few years. I can't remember or point out to a source of information source cited that Linux's marketshare gained quite dramatically in just few months by some double digits vs Microsoft's servers.

I think that is good news for Linux. The only concerns me is that SCO filed a lawsuit aganist IBM Corp over technicality issue about Unix technology. I don't understand the nature of technicalities as such. Unforutnately, IBM countersuited SCO. In addition to SCO/IBM suing each other, Linux is suing SCO or IBM (I am not sure which one more accurately).

What concerns me is that Microsoft might expolit this lawsuits, so M$ could exploit anyhow.

I really hope that lawsuits being denied or something like that.

Indeed, ventiCM, I have been design webpage in Dreamweaver. Lately, I notice when I leave all webpage to someone who use FrontPageto add more information. It turn out that all webpages with table n' size are pretty screw up.

No offense intended... but please don't send me any questions about FrontPage, instant vomit attack!!!

Back