I won a Photography award!

HoneyShot

Reaction score
I'm so stunned, but excited!

I have been nervous about saying anything, not wanting to 'toot my own horn' or anything but decided to share with you all... I just found out a few days ago that I have won the Black and White Photography section of the Waimarino Art Awards!

Deafies can do anything! This was a regular award (nothing to do with being deaf) but I thought you might like to see it, as it is visual art form ofc!

If you would like to see the picture, it will be hosted online by a friend of mine for a while at:

My photo

Wonderful picture and congratulations to you. I like the lil watch that the cat has, it just sets the pic off that much more...Great Job!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations HoneyShot!

That's a beauitful and perfect photo shot! :thumb:

Thanks so much for sharing. You did an awesome job. I'm proud of you too. ;)

Congratulations! That's a beautiful pix, especially in black and white. I love taking pictures and I've got some great pictures too but not a professional one. One of my goal is to be a photographer, I just don't have the right equimpments. Again, Congrats!!!!

Wow beautiful photos....Congratulation girl!!

Thank you so much everybody! :ty:

I'm glad you liked it. :)

Thank you mlkshkgrl, the watch is a special one to me since my Grandad gave it to my mother, and she gave it to me. It was pretty special to work it into the piece with the cat (Belinda is my cat also, so was easier to work with for the photo).

Thank you so much Cheri I really appreciate your compliments. That really made me feel so great, thank you!

Also thank youBullym0m too! :)

RebelGirl Thank you! I love B&W too. :) If you would ever like to ask anything about photography, feel free to just PM me. :) When I started out, I only had very basic equipment too, but I have got better and better equipent as I have progressed with my photography. When you're starting out, it's often really good to try to get some second hand bits and pieces, and much cheaper! Most will be in good condition, and you should be able to find some quite easily if you're interested. :) If you'd like to know what is good to get to start with, and what not to bother getting right away, just ask!

Also thank you ^Angel^! I really appreciate it! :)

AngelOfRoses Thank you too!

Thank you Shiva as well, I'm glad you like it! :)

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I really appreciate your positive feedback, and it's really nice to know you enjoyed seeing my photo. It is great to be able to share this with you, I feel like it was so great when people realised that this award was given to a deaf photographer, they were so amaised! I just thought, ofc deafies can do this! So I wanted to share it with you all because I feel like it reflects on what we all can do, if we want to, and it's also just great to share happy news. :)

:) Thank you very much TweetyBird I really appreciate your compliment, & congrats! :)

HoneyShot said:
the watch is a special one to me since my Grandad gave it to my mother, and she gave it to me. It was pretty special to work it into the piece with the cat (Belinda is my cat also, so was easier to work with for the photo).

Awww It looks like an old watch, I firgured it might be passed along in the family history. Are you planning on passing it to your grandchildren?

Thank you so much Cheri I really appreciate your compliments. That really made me feel so great, thank you!

You are more than welcome! :hug: I really did enjoyed your photo. It's the best one I ever seen from anyone honestly! Keep up the good work! :thumb:

:jaw: what a beautiful creative...

Wow, I´m proud of you, Congratulation girl!!

Congrats HoneyShot !!

You did a marvelous job to take a beautiful cat picture. My older son is doing the photography now. He got an old camera which is 1950's from my father. He is trying to get a film and flash on that old camera.

He loves to doing to take white and black pictures.

its pretty great work you got there. My hubby is going into photography right now too. It takes time to get perfection...ahh those frustration...good luck in ur future in photography.

I wish I could win something that I am good at....

I am good at making film,,, but it doesn't matter
I have to be people's favorite and be likeable to win anything. :roll:
But it would help my self esteem so that I can like myself more and like
other people too.

But congratualation to you.

Cheri said:
Awww It looks like an old watch, I firgured it might be passed along in the family history. Are you planning on passing it to your grandchildren?

You are more than welcome! :hug: I really did enjoyed your photo. It's the best one I ever seen from anyone honestly! Keep up the good work! :thumb:

:) Yes, I'll give it to my daughter one day, and she can pass it on to her children when she has some. :)

Thank you again, it means so much to me to get such nice feedback, thanks!

Also thank you very much Liebling:))) for your compliment and congratualtions, I really appreciate it! :)

Thank you Sabrina! I hope your son finds the equipment he is looking for, I'm sure he will enjoy it very much. Tell him to take your care of your father's camera, it sounds very special! :)

Thank you downing! Good luck to your husband too! :)

FutureGame2100 Thank you very much!

Also thank you HiBluE01!

Thank you Miss*Pinocchio. Keep working on your film ambitions, if you work hard and enjoy it, you'll get better and better and people will see that. Just have faith in yourself and keep doing your best, if you try to have a good attitude then it will pay off one day. Best of luck with your film ambitions.

HoneyShot said:
:)
Thank you Miss*Pinocchio. Keep working on your film ambitions, if you work hard and enjoy it, you'll get better and better and people will see that. Just have faith in yourself and keep doing your best, if you try to have a good attitude then it will pay off one day. Best of luck with your film ambitions.

You're welcome...
thanks for advice :ily:

Back