I wish I would void an E Bay transaction....

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I specified in my E Bay listing that I wanted cash for the transaction. The person paid with Pay Pal. I'm not a happy camper. I think that is inconsiderate that people didn't read my listing!! If they read it, they would not do Pay Pal. Plus, when I buy things locally off E Bay I try to do cash because Pay Pal eats up fees. I'm upset.

I think I'll tell this person I'll refund the Pay Pal transaction and to bring cash. If they refuses, then I'll just refund and sell to someone else.

That's called "Cost of doing business"

If your limited to cash only, your really seriously limits yourself. I don't carry cash and I don't want deal with cash all the time. When one like you said cash only I would pass up and forget them.

Do you have any idea whats biggest advantage of using Paypal, Credit cards, and (some cases) Debit card?

Say, if cash only and I paid by cash and got what I don't want. The only option I have is complain directly to seller without any help. So, if I paid though credit card, Pay pal, I have somebody else involved on my disputes. For me, it works EVERY time. I can't do like this with cash only.

I specified in my E Bay listing that I wanted cash for the transaction. The person paid with Pay Pal. I'm not a happy camper. I think that is inconsiderate that people didn't read my listing!! If they read it, they would not do Pay Pal. Plus, when I buy things locally off E Bay I try to do cash because Pay Pal eats up fees. I'm upset.

I think I'll tell this person I'll refund the Pay Pal transaction and to bring cash. If they refuses, then I'll just refund and sell to someone else.

PayPal is great and fastest but one con is fees of course. Did you add listing that you required cash only?

PayPal is great and fastest but one con is fees of course. Did you add listing that you required cash only?

I said, I would like to do cash for this transaction, please. I didn't mention I didn't want Pay Pal.

When a person lists things on E Bay, they're required to accept Pay Pal or other type of credit card.

Unfortunately, you have the choice of payment when putting items on eBay, I believe that PayPal is the most reliable method of payment as I would be paid before the item goes to the buyer, they money is there... If you want cash on hand then the person would need to come to you which would restrict your selling point. The wider the better chances of getting it sold and quicker. Big items on other hand is different.

Unfortunately, you have the choice of payment when putting items on eBay, I believe that PayPal is the most reliable method of payment as I would be paid before the item goes to the buyer, they money is there... If you want cash on hand then the person would need to come to you which would restrict your selling point. The wider the better chances of getting it sold and quicker. Big items on other hand is different.

It was a larger item which was listed for a local pick up, not shipping.

I hate when people don't pay attention. Regardless of common business practices, they should have been considerate of your preference. You went to the trouble to put it on the ad, you obviously had a reason and it was important enough to you that you wrote down. It's so frustrating when people do things like this. I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with it.

may I ask your reasons for not liking paypal?

I personally love paypal since I dont want to fork over my CC or debit card to a unknown seller. When I get a refund or payment posted to my paypal- I can get things I need from ebay. I can find records of purchases in one place.

You certainly can refund the money back to buyer- but remember they bought it legally and its paid for. he can certainly sue you from TOS if they disagree with the refund and want the item regardless how it was paid for.

may I ask your reasons for not liking paypal?

I personally love paypal since I dont want to fork over my CC or debit card to a unknown seller. When I get a refund or payment posted to my paypal- I can get things I need from ebay. I can find records of purchases in one place.

You certainly can refund the money back to buyer- but remember they bought it legally and its paid for. he can certainly sue you from TOS if they disagree with the refund and want the item regardless how it was paid for.

Pay Pal costs money for seller for fees. That is why I try to tell people that I want cash for local items listed on E Bay. I do take Pay Pal for items that I ship out.

When I pick up things locally, I try to do cash so that seller does not have to eat Pay Pal fees. I would like to think people would be courteous when dealing with local sales on E Bay.

Pay Pal costs money for seller for fees. That is why I try to tell people that I want cash for local items listed on E Bay. I do take Pay Pal for items that I ship out.

When I pick up things locally, I try to do cash so that seller does not have to eat Pay Pal fees. I would like to think people would be courteous when dealing with local sales on E Bay.

Well, maybe increase everything that sells on ebay by 5 bucks?

If local sale - I'm NOT recommended you to use Ebay so you need use craigslist.

Just increase $0.30 and 2.9% of transaction.

If you sell $50 so Paypal fee is $1.75 and just increase $1.75 to top of $50 = $51.75.

That's not a bad idea, or just the minimum $$ needed to cover the transaction costs. Especially if the product & pick-up are local, no sense in paying paypal fees at that point.

for larger item just sell it on craiglist trust me they will answer fast.. unlike for ebay just a suggestion ;) but i know it's not safe site but my bro and his fiancee did sell one thing from www and the person came to my bro's place when he wasn't there but it was during day time so it was ok.. but as long u let the person know to come during day time cuz night time is a bit creepy.. ugh and oh yeah better have some1 with you when do business with the person ;) but i noticed most guys do business at public place like starbucks coffee hot dog place.. and etc i was like oh whatever not my problem lol

I use craigslist a lot too for buying/selling locally. It's FREE !!

Also, dereksbicycles, you still have to pay listing fee on Ebay so I noticed that you didn't mention in your post.

Wirelessly posted

If you said in your ad cash only for local pick up you could refund relist and pay more listing fees ect

You need to build the cost of PayPal eBay fees into your opening bid price or you buy it now price

Never take PayPal for local pick up you have no proof of shipping that PayPal requires. The buyer could file with PayPal after picking up the item and say you never shipped and PayPal would refund their money

Last edited:
You were asking for them to mail you cash? I wouldn't mail cash.

I decided to play nice and not tell the buyer anything about cash/paypal. Guy came and picked up the 3 wheel tricycle. I did not bother to ask if he needed help loading it up. If he had paid cash, I would have offered to help him load it up. Since he did Pay Pal, I just sat and watched him do it himself. I'm not going to give him any feedback.

Yeah, I guess next time, I'll start bid higher or charge extra to my listing if buyer want to do Pay Pal.

I probably won't sell any more of those large stuffs on E Bay for awhile. I always do craigslist and I think I'll focus on that. E Bay only for things that can be easily shipped.

Back