I Need Your Support

I'll definitely donate at some point but have you thought about teaching your family some ASL or alternative methods to communicate with you? It's always nice to have a solid basis of another language as backup.

If you're working or in college Voc rehab may help with the cost of batteries , I have no idea if you'll will really use my money to buy batteries .

I don't think VR would or can help with hearing aid batteries costs... Even if you have an open case with them. They never did for me.

I don't think VR would or can help with hearing aid batteries costs... Even if you have an open case with them. They never did for me.

It is NOT hearing aid batteries that she is wanting help with but cochlear implant batteries. My understanding is that they are much more expensive but also last much longer (rechargeables).

Last edited:
embrace a life of no wires or batteries attached

be free

It is NOT hearing aid batteries that she is wanting help with but cochlear implant batteries. My understanding is that they are much more expensive but also last much longer (rechargeables).

Pardon moi... I did not read the gofundme, only the original post here on AD.. so forgive me... didn't exactly need the BOLD to chastise me.

Either way... VR still won't pay for any kind of battery (hearing aid or CI) as far as I know.

As I do understand, VR pays for educational (tuition, classes)... VR varies by state on what it can pay. It pays for interpreter for job interview, transportation... VR also paid for my TTY back in 1990's.

It can also pay for hearing aids, but I do not think nor heard that VR can pay for batteries (HA or CI).

http://www.healthyhearing.com/help/hearing-aids/insurance-financial-assistance

I found this web site , it might give the OP some ideas how to get help with the cost of their batteries, it sure wouldn't hurt to see VR would help
if they don't they might know of some agency that will help . There are of agencies out there that help people you. The Lion Club or church might help too.
Mass rehab paid for my HA when I was going to college .

As I do understand, VR pays for educational (tuition, classes)... VR varies by state on what it can pay. It pays for interpreter for job interview, transportation... VR also paid for my TTY back in 1990's.

It can also pay for hearing aids, but I do not think nor heard that VR can pay for batteries (HA or CI).

Yep that's been my experience... paid for 3 years of undergrad, got them to pay for 1 year graduate... partially paid for my FM system after I left and started work. My VR here says they will pay for interpreters for any interviews (have got to remember that one... most 'interviews' I get these days are via phone :P) and both PA and NC have paid for hearing aids.. but never batteries (Only get free ones through the audiologist...)

Pardon moi... I did not read the gofundme, only the original post here on AD.. so forgive me... didn't exactly need the BOLD to chastise me.

Either way... VR still won't pay for any kind of battery (hearing aid or CI) as far as I know.

I am sorry that because of quote my reply got taken as personal. I was thinking of making it clear to ALL that it is cochlear implant batteries that she is looking for because they are so much more expensive.

VR did pay for some things for me when I was in college as well as I got a voucher for first post-college formal job, to cover some of the cost of interview clothes and other "professional" items.

I'll definitely donate at some point but have you thought about teaching your family some ASL or alternative methods to communicate with you? It's always nice to have a solid basis of another language as backup.
Yes I have. They are not ready. So I moved on.

What I'm saying is not ready to learn sign language. I love to teach people ASL. They are working full time two jobs or three jobs. Working consume time. So I just move on. Seeking people who want to learn. I'm not licensed ASL Instructor. But, try my best get an job. I'm not looking for the easy way out with money. You don't have have donate any money. I'm thinking about canceling the go fund me.com seem like some people quoting " use my money" to help u get an cochlear implant battery. No way. Sounding like I greedly. So have a nice day. Bye

What I'm saying is not ready to learn sign language. I love to teach people ASL. They are working full time two jobs or three jobs. Working consume time. So I just move on. Seeking people who want to learn. I'm not licensed ASL Instructor. But, try my best get an job. I'm not looking for the easy way out with money. You don't have have donate any money. I'm thinking about canceling the go fund me.com seem like some people quoting " use my money" to help u get an cochlear implant battery. No way. Sounding like I greedly. So have a nice day. Bye

no need to be uptight
just relax

ever thought about ditching the ci..and living life
no wires or batteries attached

be free!!

Back