I need your help ~~~ What kind of Car is best ? Suggest ?

amylovechina

Reaction score
Hello,

I need your help or suggestion ~~~ :shock:

I am thinking to buy Honda Cr- V or Honda Civic ... :roll:

Which one is best for me ? tell me ~~~ :hmm:

Thanks. :ty:

Each person's needs and wants are different. It really depends on for what purposes you will drive your car, where you live, how much you can afford, etc.

I have a Jeep Cherokee and Hubby (TCS) has a Jeep Commander.

No one else really knows what's best for you, except you. :)

I suggest you read the reviews and comparisons of those cars that you can find at Consumer Reports.

Is Honda only brand you want or are you considering other brands also?

Here's some questions to get you started:

Max budget? Used or new?

Good MPG yes/no/don't care?

Purpose of getting the car?

Will always find better deals used but you would have to find the right one, lots of searching. :aw: But in the end, even in 2009 models you can save several thousand $$ from new version.

This is California. I buy old cars with good bodies that don't have to be smogged that I can actually put a tune up on myself. They run a little more in gas but what I don't have to pay more than makes up for it.

I also like bigger cars because when you get into a car wrestling match size does count.

How much is your life worth a mile?

Look up on AAA web site or ask your auto repair shop which car need to most repairs in the long run. One auto shop told me to never buy to a Volvo! He said they break down a lot and the parts take awhile to get.

I own 2007 Honda CR-V. Excellent! My mileage is 48,000. No mechanical history except new battery and new tires. I love it! I will go to shop for mechanical inspection soon.

Here's some questions to get you started:

Max budget? Used or new?

Good MPG yes/no/don't care?

Purpose of getting the car?

Will always find better deals used but you would have to find the right one, lots of searching. :aw: But in the end, even in 2009 models you can save several thousand $$ from new version.

I like to buy used car because I never driver before....

Good MPG ... Yes

Purpose of getting the Car because I work

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

I like to buy used car because I never driver before....

Good MPG ... Yes

Purpose of getting the Car because I work

Hmm.. 可可可 :lol:

Secretblend's info is good. If it is just a car for going to work and home, no camping or moving trips.. Hyundai or Kia, honda Civic is cheap. Toyota Corolla, Echo, Yaris also very cheap because it's small car.

Some older model Prius (1997-2004,2005 etc) is a lot cheaper but newer is expensive.

If you buy hybrid car, need to wait some years before your money will be invested for + gain.
Example: $10,000 prius vs $5,000 corolla, gas price is $3.00 per gallon.

Corolla (or other car avg 23mpg)
Assume you drive 1,000 miles 1 month, = $1565 in 1 year (12,000 miles).
Will take you 3 years 3 months to use $5,000 for gas with $5,000 corolla.
3.5 years Total spent = $10,000+

Prius (or other car avg 40mpg)
But 3 years 3 months with Prius, you used $2800 for gas.
3.5 years Total spent = ~$13,000

When it's 8 years.. Price of Prius will be = cost of corolla :lol: ~$17,000 = ~$17,000

So, it's a choice for you.. how long you will keep the car ;). I think the Toyota yari line is good buy, pretty cheap and good MPG but is not hybrid car.

I second the motion on the Hyundai or KIA. I have a Hyundai now 148000 care free miles on a 2003 and am looking to pick up a 2007 with 33000 and still under warranty. If one does research you will find that the Hyundai and or KIA have some of the highest customer satisfaction of the bunch and an excellent warranty program. However, like all things, it's getting a bit harder to find a good service outlet. With the squeeze on profits they are looking at very innovative ways to make money.

Mod Note:

Thread's moved from General Chat to Auto Talk. :)

Honda CR-V is reliable and practical.

I am biased to go for VW passat cars. :-P

what he heck is that? never heard of it, but it sounds like what kind of car parents would give a bratty teenager for throwing "a fit" :eek3:

No No No.....It is called a Fit because most people barely fit in it

Back