I need to Vent!

Cheri said:
No, I did not know they had one....

AOL does have Technicial Support online.. I did used it once but IT SUCKS
I also had problems with AOL in the past... So I dropped it and got another internet service,,, I am now happy...

Thanks!!

SxyPorkie

Oh boy! Didn't realize you had problem with AOL, I believe you have cancelled account with them already. BUT if you got them in document, then you got excellent case sue them for discrimination. They said clearly that this is the company's policy, WHOA!!!! AOL is looking for serious lawsuit!

Why the HELL would you need training to take a relay call? They're just bullshitting you. Anyone who has taken a relay call knows that they can explain it to the taker and can answer questions before beginning.

I have heard of certain so-called policies. I have had a few (rare) people say they can't take the call or hang up on me and when I do, they take me to the supervisor because they are worried about someone recording their services for other purposes. Sometimes places where you have to provide personal info as the relay and me to give permission to do this through relay call.

I think people are just getting paranoid. I believe the real way to solve this is to have a database of documented deaf people from the doctors, so when you make relay call--they website says you're a real deaf person. There's been some nasty stories of people making calls to another country through relay calls.

I think it's very unfair, but it happens sometimes. I just hope it doesn't get to the point where company will start making a policy about it.

Cheri, you are not only one that we are going through same thing..

We calleed AOL to cancel our account.. they putting on hold and stuff like what you went through.. they are avoiding us to cancel account thats why..
so.. finally we went on live tech.. and told them we went through hell on the phone.. they offered us few months free, I said NO we want to close our aol account.. they kept making excuses and avoiding..
so finally they said its done close account.. but i keep getting bills.. :mad:
we kept bugging them.. nothing works.. so we didnt pay the bill for almost 6 months.. image that they still BILL us.. ughh.. but we kept our conversations on tty and live tech that we printed.. and stapled to the bill if they want sue us for not paying bill.. :whistle:

DoofusMama said:
Cheri, you are not only one that we are going through same thing..

We calleed AOL to cancel our account.. they putting on hold and stuff like what you went through.. they are avoiding us to cancel account thats why..
so.. finally we went on live tech.. and told them we went through hell on the phone.. they offered us few months free, I said NO we want to close our aol account.. they kept making excuses and avoiding..
so finally they said its done close account.. but i keep getting bills.. :mad:
we kept bugging them.. nothing works.. so we didnt pay the bill for almost 6 months.. image that they still BILL us.. ughh.. but we kept our conversations on tty and live tech that we printed.. and stapled to the bill if they want sue us for not paying bill.. :whistle:

Your rights contact civil issues about this.. they are quite stubborn sending you bill... They can contact them STOP!
Worth try ? :dunno:

I don't have AOL anymore, Look at the date when I first created this thread. "03-16-2004, 10:45 PM" It happened in 2004! :whistle:

You guys got :Owned:

:giggle: :giggle:

Cheri said:
I don't have AOL anymore, Look at the date when I first created this thread. "03-16-2004, 10:45 PM" It happened in 2004! :whistle:

You guys got :Owned:

:giggle: :giggle:

OOPS.....I am laughing.... I am sorry...

SxyPorkie

You don't need special training to accept relay calls. All you have to know is GA and SK. That's it.

common problem for us all

I am a hearing person (who speaks ASL) and I have constant problems with technical support....I have to get my answers from my brother in law, the individuals over the phone have no better guesses than I do. More times than not they put me in a worse situation than I started with! Good luck!

Not every Relay system needs GA/SK... It is called VRS! Don't need GA/SK in there.

VamPyroX said:
You don't need special training to accept relay calls. All you have to know is GA and SK. That's it.

Back