I need some help

Cowboyup2104

Reaction score
Heres my situation, i am not deaf but i need help in tryin to figure out a sign my girlfriend keeps tellin me...she passes her open hand fingers spread from the top of my face down to the bottom...she says that there are two meanings to it but wont tell me either one...she said that if i really wanted to know that i would find out on my own...so here i am...please help me...

Curtis

I think she's telling you look hott, lol. ;)

im sorry if i sound rude im not tryin to be...but thats not the implication i think she means...because she is the kind of girl that would say something like im hot...she said she would eventually tell me what it meant if i couldnt figure it out on my own...its like shes scared to tell me what it means right now and you sayin that what you think she is tryin to say doesnt make a whole lot of sence to me...but who am i too judge i dont know the first thing when it comes to sign language...thank you for your help...im gunna ask her if thats what she means....

Curtis

closest thing i can think of is "sad" which could mean unhappy, or pathetic. but she wouldn't do it on your face, should would do it on hers.

i think you mean "mad", but in that sign the fingers flex, they dont move....

angry is sign like your ripping your chest apart hulk style

i still think it means sad/pathetic

I think we need a clearer description of how the sign is made.

She's signing it on your face? A bit out of the signer's space, heh?

Does she keep the hand open the whole time? Or does she start with it open, and then closed into flattened-O shape?

Do you have any context of when she does this "sign"? What does she sign before or after that?

Have you looked at the signs (SLEEPY, BEAUTIFUL, SAD) on aslpro.com to see if they match what you described?

The sentence or situation she used the sign in would be helpful and also a beeter description of the sign is needed. If you can do that may be one of us here could close in on what it might be.

I have a feeling she is saying Beautiful.

I was going to guess sleep or beautiful as well, but without a better description, it's really hard to know for sure. :dunno:

It probably depends on when she does the sign to you! What are you doing that makes her do that sign? Maybe she's telling you to shut up and go to sleep or something, lol!

Depends what shape her fingers are in and if it's BSL or ASL - sometimes signs are different.

Back