I just started learning ASL. Its been amazing.

suzuluvs27

Reaction score
I love ASL. I got my sign name a couple weeks ago. Its so wonderful how the deaf friends are so wonderful and patient with me and my husband as we are learning the language. It so unique. We just love it.

Thanks we need all the encouragement. we are hoping to go to ghana to help the deaf over there since there is a need.

we are probably going in august. we are bible teachers and alot of the deaf dont have video of the bible. but we do we have the bible on dvd and we want to share Gods message with them

we are probably going in august. we are bible teachers and alot of the deaf dont have video of the bible. but we do we have the bible on dvd and we want to share Gods message with them

Thats alright. How do you think they will understand our version of language?

well the video is in there own language its all done in sign . So they will be able to understand everything. awesome right.

that good for you,suzuluvs27

mostly people learn ASL and spelling a to z and number no matter to learn needs..

Yes, ASL. We have the Bible and different books translated into asl on dvd for them to understand. So far when we show the deaf the bible on dvd in there language they are in tears.

Yes, ASL. We have the Bible and different books translated into asl on dvd for them to understand. So far when we show the deaf the bible on dvd in there language they are in tears.

Do you know that it's likely in Ghana they do not have ASL?

acually in ghana the language used is english. and so thats why the people know asl in ghana. crazy i know.

yeah we are trying. how did you learn the language

Hi,, we have not normally had missiionaries going to anywhere but the US.

I did not know Ghana used ASL either. AD is such a great education sometimes.

Interesting enough :) way to go you.. :D

:scratch: I have never heard of Ghana using ASL as it is mostly from USA and Canada. I thought that Ghana is from Africa and they have their own sign language instead of ASL. Every country have their own sign language different than we are using. Why would the deaf people or children want to use ASL even hearing people can speak two to four different languages? That is one thing I don't understand. :hmm:

Back