I Have Some Good News (For Some Anyways)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that during distress (for me) I lost a pound and a half. That's how bad I felt about the entire thing.
I thought you were trying to lose weight. :confused:

It is not the sole reason for my weight drop. I dropped 1.5 pounds because of the situation; not 75 pounds.

I fail to see how you can pinpoint that your 1.5 pound weight loss was caused by AD forum when you had gastric bypass surgery in January. I think that you would have lost 1.5 regardless. I personally find it to be another one of your "poor me" rants here in AD. Quite frankly I would be honored to join the others on the ignore list. Your "I'm right" and "Poor me" mentality is too draining. Blaming everything on your Bi-Polar disorder is only going to get you so far in life.

Oh boy Shermy...how you twist things around. Yes I am losing weight because of the operation, but the rate I lose the pounds is constant. I lost 1.5 pounds in two or three days! Now part of that (maybe) was cause by the operation, but most of it was not: It was caused by distress.

How come I am labelled a liar? I just do not understand it. And no I will not place you on the ignore list unless you try to stumble me away from what love- ASL.

I have NEVER called you a liar. Now who is twisting things?

Oh and one more thing if I may. When one loses weight, either via surgery or the normal process, one initially losses the weight quickly because it is water that burns away. Then that process slows down dramatically. My water lose phrase had passed prior to even creating the Terps thead itself. Understand?

I am not calling you a liar at all. You owe me an apology for that. I am however calling you out for failing to be accountable for your actions. You can only blame so much on your disorder. You have posted several times you are blamelss for the things you said because you are bi-polar. That is BS!!!! With my health problems I have plenty of issues with depression and I still know that when all is said and done I am accountable for everything I have done while in my depressed state. You seem to live in some self made blameless world where you can do and say anything you want and not be accountalbe because you are bi-polar. That's really a load of crap. I'm really just done with yor pity party.

Oh never mind. I have tried and tried hard but my words just don't filter through your thick skull. It's not BS Schermy. It's not. Oh, I have tried so much to explain the reasons (the facts) but with no results.

You just don't want to stand behind me and joing the rest of the AD members (the grand majority) who support me. You rather stand oppose (the minority) and claim you are right on the matter when in fact that is not so. You are blind to logic and truth. Now are you doing all this to be mean, well that's another story. I will not put you on my ignore list for now. But please don't force me to do so. Only you (your words) will dictate that action. Harmony: why not harmony?

And also by this time I enter college, about a year or so I gather (financial reasons), I would like to think that my bipolar condition would be much more under control. I bagan seeing a new shrink yesterday and he sounds like a good one. I don't know if his treatment will benefit me to the point of controlling my illness better. No one knows for sure what the future holds. I just can't allow it to stop me now. I must continue forward with hope that things will get better with my mental health. Do you see things my way now?

I know that deep down, in your heart, that you do not want to stumble me. I feel it to be true. Now lets interact in harmony and not in conflict. That's what I truly want. You?

First..........still waiting for your apology. Second, No, I don't see things your way. Are you just going to stay with this shrink til he does not agree with you? That seems to be how you operate. You only gravitate to people who agree with you period. I'm proud to say that I'm not one of them.

Again looking into things in the negative. I was made to change my insurance providers thus the change in doctors. Are you going to continue with this mindset?

I know that you must have the character and the humility to admit your errors, so why don't do so and let's move forward. The ball is on your court.

I know that you must have the character and the humility to admit your errors, so why don't do so and let's move forward. The ball is on your court.

And clearly you do not becasue I am still waiting to hear the word sorry from you. You can not admit you were wrong. I have not called you a liar. When will you admit your error??

You can never say that I never tried Schermy. To ignore list you go. Bye.

I have decided to return to AD. My enthusiasm for learning ASL and Deaf culture has lessened because of the sad situation that occurred here in AD. It took some pondering over until I reached my decision and I choose to continue in my pursuit of my personal goals of becoming an interpreter. I gather that this whole thing, at the expense of others, has taught me lesson (growing pains I guess) to be less hostile because of misunderstood replies.

At the core of the issue is misunderstanding statement for which I translated as being personal attacks. I will try to verify the meaning of the words I feel are offensive and go from there. I will also try very, very hard to somehow avoid my insanity to overtake me again and destroy my hopes again. I also do not want to further hurt (insult) another member again. I am glad to be back, thank you.

I think this is a great response. We all have fights and flames on the internet but we should take them as learning experiences and use them to understand each other better. Glad you're back.

You can never say that I never tried Schermy. To ignore list you go. Bye.

That's very mature..........instead of apologizing for your actions you put me on ignore. I'm proud to be on that list!!!!!!!!!!!

I have already done so but you put me on ignore anyway. Maybe you don't think I have the character and humility but I do. :(

You all made me build a wall of defense. It guards me from your negativity. I can't afford to take another step back. You all have proven that you want for me to fail so you force me take this action and ignore you. It is the result of your deeds that caused all this to happen. And all PMs with the names of the members in my ignore list will be removed prior to opening. So it is useless to try to contact me in any way. Bye.

Yes you are so calling me a liar...indirectly. I posted that the bipolar was the reason and not the excuse for my harsh words. By going agaist my words you are calling me a liar. What in the world would I do such an brainless thing?

I now feel strong that the true cause for this is misunderstanding of each others meaning. But no one wants to aknowledge that.

No one is calling you a liar, AB. We are simply saying that your perceptions are out of whack, which no doubt, is due to a manic phase you are currently experiencing. We all understand that you are bi-poalr. However it is your responsibility to manage your disorder, and not to impose the negative effects on others, nor to use it as an excuse for innappropriate behavior. You are posting on a deaf message board full of people who deal with disability on a daily basis. They don't make excuses for themselves, and are not likely to accept excuses from others.

You all made me build a wall of defense. It guards me from your negativity. I can't afford to take another step back. You all have proven that you want for me to fail so you force me take this action and ignore you. It is the result of your deeds that caused all this to happen. And all PMs with the names of the members in my ignore list will be removed prior to opening. So it is useless to try to contact me in any way. Bye.

Disorder or not, no one makes you do anything, AB.
Each of us chooses how to act and react. That is where you are making your fatal error. You assume that your disorder and other people are responsibile for your behavior because they have made you act in certain ways. The truth of the matter is, no matter how many times it is explained to you, you continue to act in the ways that create the responses to receive from others. You are creating a self fulfilling prohecy that allows you to continue in your refusal to take responsibility for yourself. It is obvious that you are attempting to manipulate the situation to allow you to continue in your excuses simply by the fact that you place those members who disagree with your "It's not my fault, it's your fault" attitude on an ignore list. You are attempting to surround yourself with those that support you in your self pity. Very unhealthy behavior. Hopefully, your new psychiatrist will get you on a pharacuetical regimine of meds that will even you out long enough that you will start to listen, and give credibility to those that can help you, rather than limiting yourself to those that enable you to continue in your illness.

:gpost: Well said and Thank you jillio!

Disorder or not, no one makes you do anything, AB.
Each of us chooses how to act and react. That is where you are making your fatal error. You assume that your disorder and other people are responsibile for your behavior because they have made you act in certain ways. The truth of the matter is, no matter how many times it is explained to you, you continue to act in the ways that create the responses to receive from others. You are creating a self fulfilling prohecy that allows you to continue in your refusal to take responsibility for yourself. It is obvious that you are attempting to manipulate the situation to allow you to continue in your excuses simply by the fact that you place those members who disagree with your "It's not my fault, it's your fault" attitude on an ignore list. You are attempting to surround yourself with those that support you in your self pity. Very unhealthy behavior. Hopefully, your new psychiatrist will get you on a pharacuetical regimine of meds that will even you out long enough that you will start to listen, and give credibility to those that can help you, rather than limiting yourself to those that enable you to continue in your illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back