I have a question...

Lol, that funny. Mine says audits or sucks with auto spelling.

I hate that too. My mum always on on on before she finally get to point. I'm like WHY didn't you say that in 1st place???

Makes you sorry you even asked, doesn't it?:giggle:

Well, some people would say you use Cued Speech.:laugh2:

I had a speech therapist that had me feel her throat or lips to 'feel' how a sound felt. I never heard of Cued Speech before. I am not up up to date on all the new terms.

I had a speech therapist that had me feel her throat or lips to 'feel' how a sound felt. I never heard of Cued Speech before. I am not up up to date on all the new terms.

Cued speech is a 40 plus year old method. It is not new.

Cued speech is a 40 plus year old method. It is not new.

Really , I had a speech lessons about 6 years ago just to refresh speech , as I get sloppy with my speech . If I can't a sound I forget to use it , my speech therapist said nothing about Cued speech. Other wise I would not had Cued Speech as 24 years old 40 years ago had not speech lessons then.

Really , I had a speech lessons about 6 years ago just to refresh speech , as I get sloppy with my speech . If I can't a sound I forget to use it , my speech therapist said nothing about Cued speech. Other wise I would not had Cued Speech as 24 years old 40 years ago had not speech lessons then.

Cued speech is not really related to learning how to speak or lipread. It is a method of teaching English.

Speaking for m'self only - I would love to have you fire a few things to some "local" audists. Yet it is fun to watch the jousting.

I was at Market Basket with my hearing dog Finlay and there was couple there talking about my dog. Finlay wore a gentle leader and the woman asked the guy what was around my dog mouth and the guy said he bite! I could NOT hear what the couple was saying I was reading their lips the whole time! I did not like guy saying out loud my dog bite , so I told the guy my dog has gentle leader on and does not bite, and that you should be careful about what you say as I can read lips! The guy and woman faces got bright red! It really ticked me off that couple was going on about dog having no idea what they where talking about!

Shhh, Jillo. Don't give the deaf folks the idea that they can be empowered to speak for themselves. Silly you. Folks will lose money if parents realize that kids don't need to become robots and "hear" and speak...there's easier ways to communicate and kids can be themselves. Shhh! You're undermining years of oppression and shedding light on discrimination. Are you nuts?

Cued speech is not really related to learning how to speak or lipread. It is a method of teaching English.

Then I would nothing about this because I was not in school 40 years ago!
I stayed back in school but not that long!! Thanks goodness!

Shhh, Jillo. Don't give the deaf folks the idea that they can be empowered to speak for themselves. Silly you. Folks will lose money if parents realize that kids don't need to become robots and "hear" and speak...there's easier ways to communicate and kids can be themselves. Shhh! You're undermining years of oppression and shedding light on discrimination. Are you nuts?

:giggle:

Oh no! Here comes the mighty Deaf folks that can pave their way through. Fear Not, ASL is here! ;)

Oh no! Here comes the mighty Deaf folks that can pave their way through. Fear Not, ASL is here! ;)

Great to see you, Jolie. I'm going to PM you about a documentary I watched a few days ago. You might be interested.

PFH - Likewise, It's all good.

Jillio - Great! Hit me up then.

Back