I have a problem about ASL Interpreters

gimbragreen

Reaction score
Re: Do you know about interpreter?

I found other one Vet at Animal Hospital. Still Vet reused to pay for ASL interpreter. I am very fed up him. My interpreter told me about that she won't help other one vet place. But we can write about Human Rights paper at CHS. :pissed:
I can't believe that all doctor, lawyer, dentist, physiotherapy, and my job ETC... allow pay for interpreters except one Vets. :pissed:

Are you agree with me if you NEED ASL interpreter at any Animal Hospitals or clinics. Vet must pay for interpreters! :smash:

Re: Do you know about interpreter?

I found other one Vet at Animal Hospital. Still Vet reused to pay for ASL interpreter. I am very fed up him. My interpreter told me about that she won't help other one vet place. But we can write about Human Rights paper at CHS. :pissed:
I can't believe that all doctor, lawyer, dentist, physiotherapy, and my job ETC... allow pay for interpreters except one Vets. :pissed:

Are you agree with me if you NEED ASL interpreter at any Animal Hospitals or clinics. Vet must pay for interpreters! :smash:

Well if your pet has routine exam or vaccine immunization, not necessary to have an interpreter. Veterinarian can write down on the paper with pen to give you the instruction to follow what medication dose to adminstrate it to your pet. IF your pet has serious surgery then it requires to get an interpreter to make sure that you understand those medical terminology to prevent misunderstand due to communication barrier.

I am not familiar with Canadian ADA law?

Ask the ol' wise Canada about it.

BTW, There isn't "ADA" in Canada. It called something.. I don't know. ha

Ask the ol' wise Canada about it.

BTW, There isn't "ADA" in Canada. It called something.. I don't know. ha

Canada has no equivalent of the ADA, its counterpart to the U.S. Bill of Rights - the Charter of Rights and Freedoms - specifically prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability.

O Canada

She probably doesn't have certain number of employees so she is exempt. If you can find a bigger vet, they probably provide you one.

Most vets can't really afford one anyway.

oh never mind, I didn't realized you were from Canada. I hope they will help you with something.

I'm from Toronto! We're neighbors!

I never use an interpreter at the vet with my dog. I just write notes and speech read. CHS is certainly your best bet for advocacy or advice on the situation though!

In Canada, for interpreter access, we have the Elderidge decision. It was a surpreme court decision requiring that interpreters be provided for certain things. In Ontario we have the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, which is an absolutely useless piece of paper.

Back