I have 6 minutes..

But she posted a thread and complain about her old job and
how people at work mistreated her...

But I am trying to help her to think about where she will be in 10 years.

I mean like being a teacher, nurse, doctor, lawyer, dentist, fireman, or something... jobs that you know you can work for 30 years and then retired
and get retirement.

Not have to worry about the stores going out of business or be taking
oversea...

Not trying to put anybody down, just thought I am helping. I didn't
mean to be nosy.

:applause:

What kind of postion are you working in Home Depot? Cashier or Stocker or ????

Wish you best luck at the job and hope you like there.

:)
Mommyof3

CONGRATS!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

YaY!!!! tell me where do you work, so i can stop by and sneak behind you .. go BOOO!!!!

Pinkster, Congrats on your new job.. I am proud of u. Anyway, btw i want to tell u that Home Depot is my number one to shop which is very achieve for helping ppls to build what they need for their homes includes myself and my family. Also, my friend that I have known by my ex hubby that works as Management at Home Depot in Tennessee. Congrats.

PurrMeow

congrats, Pinkie.

I've only been working at chick-fli-a since late october and frankly enough, I already find it extremely boring, but at least I get paid okay but should look for other jobs around summer sometime.

Holy crap!! 2 whole pages!! Thanks guys!! I am sooo anxious to hear back from them by monday or tuesday on the results of my drug test and criminial background check.

Miss P - I agree with most people here, it's not really your place to suggest such things. I'm not some teenager with no guidance or goals in my life. I know where I'm going, and I know how I'll get there. You might want to get to know me before you try and be a form of guidance. In any case I'll answer some questions.

Health insurance - I'm under my mom's health insurance atm, because I wanted to go to school full time but I couldnt with my policy at the bead (my current job.) Because you have to work 38 hours to keep your insurance. So the 1st of the year I switched over to my mom's insurance and signed up for 13 credits. So that worked out. But just for the record I had health insurance through the bead for 2 years.

SSI? I've never been on SSI, I watched my father suck as much as he could out of SSI and welfare when I was growing up, and I told myself I would never do that. I'm fully capable of working, socializing and paying my bills and just being a normal citizen. But my uncle says sometimes you need to admit you need a lil help with money, and thats going to be hard for me. I have no debts except for my $17.00 credit card bill. I rather suffer than borrow money.

If your cousins jump from job to job, then that is them. Please do not stereotype just because someone in your family did so. In June it will be 3 years for me at the bead, and its my first job. That says enough.

Mommyof3 - I'll be a cashier! I'm soooo nervous! The bead never let me use the registers because Bob (the owner) is a stupid piece of shit. :)

PurrMeow - thats great!!! I ran into a deaf couple when I walked in the store, and they asked me if i was applying for a job, and when I said yes they got excited. They said it would be really great to have someone they can communicate with in an easier way, than dealing with hearing people who freak out. If you lived in MN i'd help ya!! :P

Annie - It's the one in Bloomington, right off of 494 :P

OH oh Saline Eyes - Yes! You are right! I am going to try my best not to lash out when I leave. But my resignation letter will say something like I have found a place that is overall a better work environment. :P I just need to write the letter and have a couple other people read it because I'm afraid to be shitty to them, ya know? :)

I'd just like to say that I'm really excited to find a new job, and I had started looking for a new one in August, but nothing came through. I thank all of your for your support :) (Not to sound like a well-rehearsed thing! I'm seriously thankful!)

*steps off my soap box* ;)

Atta girl, Pinkster! HD is my home away from home, lol.....

pinkster said:
PurrMeow - thats great!!! I ran into a deaf couple when I walked in the store, and they asked me if i was applying for a job, and when I said yes they got excited. They said it would be really great to have someone they can communicate with in an easier way, than dealing with hearing people who freak out. If you lived in MN i'd help ya!! :P

Ah, nah I ain't gonna to live anywhere especially south. But I am currently retired. :)
Thats so neat that deaf couple asked you about apply for job. They have helped you enough to get job.... I am so happy for you.. Hope you like your job. Let me know later on so I can let my friend that lives in Tennessee know about it and probably he and his famly would like to meet you in MN one day.. Anyway..

PurrMeow :)

About time, u get decent job. Congrates, Pinkster!

Congrats!!! See Ravensteven.. she applied and got a job! what is so hard to do?

downing said:
Congrats!!! See Ravensteven.. she applied and got a job! what is so hard to do?

Err... I'm not keen on being an example. However, I can somewhat understand how ravensteve feels. I didnt think it was fair that I should lose my hearing completely at 17, and it tormented me for years. But for me I always knew I was going to go completely deaf - but like anyone else would, i didnt know what I had till it was gone. And even now it is difficult to prove that just because I can talk, doesnt mean I can hear. And then people think because I'm deaf I can't do things normally, I cant talk to customers or anything. But obviously it is not true. I speak (if only a little muffled) just like regular hearing people, I'm just really quiet. I can only say that you need to push your abilities and the positive aspects of who you are, to an employer, so that it outweighs what they see as liabilities. :)

PS - unrelated, this is my 100th post! lmao.. with everyone at 1k or 3k, how trivial.. :P

Congratulations Pinks! Glad you landed the job at HD...good going.

I'm currently in school, trying to get myself certified in Human Services. :D

Just thought I'd give you an update... :)

How convenient is that? Home Depot called yesterday! The background check cleared and I am to start orientation on the 16th.

DAMNIT! I WANT TO GO TO NEW YORK!

Now, what will happen is this. They have to find an interpreter (actually 2 interpts) crazy enough to interprete two 8 hour days and a 4 hour day. Orientation is 20 hours long. If they find one before Wednesday, I will go to orientation. However, if they do not, I will go to New York.

If I do go to orientation this coming Wednesday, I will skip work Wednesday (9-5) and Thursday (10-2.) Assuming I work things out with my friend, I will work Saturday 10-6 and if the GM lets me, 12-4 Sunday. She's not scheduling people on Sunday because of whatever her mind thinks.

So thats that.. HOME DEPOT HERE I COME!

(I planned to go to NY to help a friend get her things from her stupid ex, he wont mail her her things, so we're driving to pick her stuff up then drive back.)

Back