I hate digital HA

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
It happened on Monday, I was in audioglist office and one woman asked me to sit down then start programming with new digital HA, also explain how use HA with no volume control. She put mold in left of my ear and feel pop up then start with programming and I feel start sounds then asked her to increase more until max but she said it already max then I just like WTF because it used to hear so well in last several years ago before got CI. She asked me to take in sound booth and check all dbs list if I can hear with HA. I just sit so long with little sounds then she showed to me about dbs list, also I cannot hear with HA until up to 80 dbs then I lost benefits with HA. I asked her to take off because it give me an bad headache and almost damage my ear but my ear is hurt so bad until around several hours.

I don't want wear HA anymore...

HA is known as called H-Headache A-Assistance.

volcomskatz said:
Did you lost benefits with HA?

I was losing benefits with a HA. That is why I went the CI route.

I had to laugh at your description of a HA.

volcomskatz said:
HA is known as called H-Headache A-Assistance.
That's what a lot of people I know with "headache assistants" say... They can be painful.
sr171soars said:
I was losing benefits with a HA. That is why I went the CI route.

I had to laugh at your description of a HA.
A lot of deaf people just accept their deafness when they no longer get any benefit from hearing aids either.

gnulinuxman said:
A lot of deaf people just accept their deafness when they no longer get any benefit from hearing aids either.

Why do you have to make everything into some sort of attack or argument? Some people like being able to hear sounds.

Just looking at guy who wear body worn HA
boy_with_hearing_aid.jpg

I bet that he is seems quietly and enjoy to get headache. :hyper:

ayala920 said:
Why do you have to make everything into some sort of attack or argument? Some people like being able to hear sounds.

You took the words right out of my mouth ayala. Some people can't comprehend the fact that some individuals might LIKE being able to hear. And since when does wanting to be able to interact better with people (deaf and hearing) mean that they don't "accept" their deafness? OY :mad:

I accept the fact I'm deaf. I also accept the fact that technology can make my life easier. Quit the attacks please!

volcomskatz said:
Just looking at guy who wear body worn HA
boy_with_hearing_aid.jpg

I bet that he is seems quietly and enjoy to get headache. :hyper:

Why are you assuming that he gets a headache?

neecy said:
Why are you assuming that he gets a headache?

because he just looks depressing then look at his feeling.

I used to have a digital hearing aid... for about a year. I got it during summer of 1999. It stopped working a few months later. I had it fixed. It lasted a few more months again. I got tired of having to go in and getting it fixed over and over, so I stopped wearing it. I'm back to my usual analog hearing aid... which I've worn since 1993. ;)

Looking at Buckdodgers post
Buckdodgers said:
CI isnt Clear at all!!! Its Robotic Sounds.My Audiologist told me the Facts about the CI and i rejected it cause its not gonna sound like i heard it before.Once you decide to get the surgery the cochlear is Gone! Theres no going back if you decide you dont like it! If anyone gonna hear normal again is to replace the dead hearing nerves and get a new nerve or a new cochlear then you might hear again.The only way to get that accomplished is by stem cells.Thats why Bush made me so angry today is why i decided to support the democratic party this november.I wonder if Rush is gonna support bush now because HE IS DEAF!

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=31347

It make me laugh so bad :rofl:

volcomskatz said:
Looking at Buckdodgers post

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=31347

It make me laugh so bad :rofl:

Well I can vouch that what *I* hear is NOT "robotic sounds" and is as normal as I can remember sound hearing before I went deaf. So unless he experiences it, he can't really SAY for sure what it will sound like. Not even a hearing audiologist can know for sure because they've never experienced it themselves either. They can only go based on feedback and everybody's circumstances are different. Ask 10 people what sound with a CI is like and you will get 10 different answers.

:|
volcomskatz said:
because he just looks depressing then look at his feeling.
he doesn't looks depressed. He's just curious because of photographer... he doesn't looks like he's experiencing headache. you are just hyping up just because you just had headache at your visit with audiologist!

now you must not judge their face expression! you can't. event though we deaf are good at it but we never make 100% right on telling which expression a person is exhibiting.

since you used anxious smiley in your last post.. see this news!
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=47550&nfid=rssfeeds

I have been often asked if I am mad or upset when my face is like this :|
and I tell them nope.. they keep telling me "it is ok, tell me what's wrong" they starts to get on my nerves and I tell them off! then they goes "see I knew you were mad" I am like "nope I wasn't mad in first place, it was you that keep pestering me!" they goes *gulp* and I tell them never judge my face again! because my :| expression never match my feeling!

And also I have astigmatism, so I squint which my face may looks like I am cross or anger but really I am not. Or when I am driving in front of sun, I bare my teeth because I was squinting hard to shield my eye and my friend who drove by me told me later saying "you were smiling so what' sup?" I am like HUH? what the fuck you talking about? they goes oh I guess I assumed wrong! yeah right!

NOW quit making assumption!

Boult said:
he doesn't looks depressed. He's just curious because of photographer... he doesn't looks like he's experiencing headache. you are just hyping up just because you just had headache at your visit with audiologist!

now you must not judge their face expression! you can't. event though we deaf are good at it but we never make 100% right on telling which expression a person is exhibiting.

since you used anxious smiley in your last post.. see this news!
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=47550&nfid=rssfeeds

and I tell them nope.. they keep telling me "it is ok, tell me what's wrong" they starts to get on my nerves and I tell them off! then they goes "see I knew you were mad" I am like "nope I wasn't mad in first place, it was you that keep pestering me!" they goes *gulp* and I tell them never judge my face again! because my :| expression never match my feeling!

And also I have astigmatism, so I squint which my face may looks like I am cross or anger but really I am not. Or when I am driving in front of sun, I bare my teeth because I was squinting hard to shield my eye and my friend who drove by me told me later saying "you were smiling so what' sup?" I am like HUH? what the fuck you talking about? they goes oh I guess I assumed wrong! yeah right!

What's assumption? I just state an opinion about his feeling but not true.

neecy said:
Well I can vouch that what *I* hear is NOT "robotic sounds" and is as normal as I can remember sound hearing before I went deaf. So unless he experiences it, he can't really SAY for sure what it will sound like. Not even a hearing audiologist can know for sure because they've never experienced it themselves either. They can only go based on feedback and everybody's circumstances are different. Ask 10 people what sound with a CI is like and you will get 10 different answers.

Yea, he don't have CI then he is just nothing to know about CI.

Just ignore ayala920 and people have rights to get CI or whatever they want, not her decide.

ive tried out a digital HA and i DO NOT like them!

*happy with my analog HA ive worn since the mid 90s*

OMG! I thought I was the only one lol. Drives me nuts when they think I'm mad or just pouting, hell no, I'm just sitting there lol I finally got fed up and told them they all sucks when it comes to reading my face.
How do we really get them to stop making assumptions? lol

Boult said:

volcomskatz said:
Yea, he don't have CI then he is just nothing to know about CI.

Just ignore ayala920 and people have rights to get CI or whatever they want, not her decide.

Then if you agree that he has no right to make statements about a CI since he doesn't have one, WHY are you quoting Buckdodgers in the first place? You're not making any sense.

And Ayala never said that people don't have the rights to make their own decision, she said that gnulinuxman always falls back on the "you aren't proud enough" arguement. And I agree with her.

Back