I had an interesting weekend . . .

babymakerdaddy

Reaction score
My daughter (17 months old) woke up Friday and wanted to nurse, so my wife, who was laying in bed, started to nurse her. Esther, my daughter, then threw up all over my wife and the bed. :barf: We got everything cleaned up and watched Esther for a few hours and she seemed to be alright. We think she threw up because she is teething. We went out to do a little shopping and then went to visit my parents. While we were there, I gave Esther a bite of a Kit Kat bar - which she instantly threw up in my hand.

We went home after that and stayed home the rest of the night. That evening at 8:00, I started to feel sick and proceeded to throw up from 8:30 pm - 3:00 am. :barf: I almost called my sister-in-law at 3:00 to come and watch the kids while i had my wife take me to the hospital (I was so very sick). But I held out on doing that. The rest of the day (Saturday) I was so weak. My wife took the kids out so that I could get some rest.

Then comes Sunday morning. At 3:00 am, my son (4 1/2 years) wakes up and comes into our bed and says he doesn't feel well. I took him to the bathroom (thinking he just needed to go potty). Well, I was wrong. He threw up. :barf: He threw up 2 more times after that as well.

I was teasing my wife and said it was her turn to get sick, but so far, she hasn't

that sucks about the flu going around...

isn't 14 month old a bit old for nursing?

OldNavyGirl said:
that sucked... hate when the virus is around the house....

yeahh when I lived with my mom and sisters that we got give each other flu sick arghhhh

Aww, babymakerdaddy, sorry to hear that you and your kids got sick. Hope your wife doesn't get sick. It has happened to me and my family too about two years ago. It sucks when a virus gets around us especially to little kids.

darkangel8603 said:

A 14 or 17 month old (babymakerdaddy mentioned this age) is not too old to be still nursing at all. I have nursed my last child until she was 17 and half months old. Most doctors advise mothers to nurse their child until he or she is 2 years old and it is a mother's decision to when to stop nursing her child.

eww sound like u has flu virus.... which i used had flu virus with my friends at camping last summer, imagine, i'm preggy that time, urghh, had to stay hospital for one day.

BlueButterfly said:
A 14 or 17 month old (babymakerdaddy mentioned this age) is not too old to be still nursing at all. I have nursed my last child until she was 17 and half months old. Most doctors advise mothers to nurse their child until he or she is 2 years old and it is a mother's decision to when to stop nursing her child.

Yeah, I heard that some mothers continue to nurse a child at the age of 4 too. I was shocked! And not all that when they reached their kindergarten they are going to suck their thumbs or fingers, because they been sucking for too long. Those parents were charge for abuse and neglect but cases were dropped because doctors said it won't do the child no harm.

Anyway, I am glad you are feeling better, I know flu been going around in fact my twin sister was sick, and then her both sons got sick the same time, my other sister got sick, I got sick, my dad got sick it ran through the whole family almost! :laugh2:

Now I feel like I want to throw up now.. Can I throw up on you, BabymakerDaddy? :D

Yeah, I heard that some mothers continue to nurse a child at the age of 4 too. I was shocked!
What's wrong with that? Breastfeeding is VERY benifical to the child...higher IQ, healthier etc.....

Hope you and your family get to feeling better! my fiance, daughter and I just got over the virus last week! :eek:

deafdyke said:
What's wrong with that? Breastfeeding is VERY benifical to the child...higher IQ, healthier etc.....

Nothing wrong with that, It just I'm surprised a 4 years old continue feeding by breastmilk. That's all nothing more nothing less. ;)

Do you know why flu virus spread? due to winter season coming all time. My advice you to clean everything in house before next person gets sick. even wash all blankets cuz of virus spreading on them. It will reduce flu virus spreading...If you need any questions, just ask me anytime. Winkz!

Aww.. its your turn... we had flu and COLDS couple weeks now, its seems taking turns.. I was in between kids.. I was so sick but try to stay on feet while helping and care the kids.. then now i am last person again to have flu/colds agian.. i think because of exhaustions and not taking care myself.. but cant help it.. so my fever went down little bit.. flu went away (finally).. now the colds .. been coughing all night.. *yawns*.. I should be in bed now.. its 1:25am, couldnt sleep cuz took good naps..

eh.. throwing up parts are no fun.. I am glad that we are living in the house comes with washer/dryer.. I remembered when we lived in apartment for long time.. it was so frustrated cuz you cant toss throwups or left overs towels or clothes in washer to start.. i had to left out in tub till laundry opens..

hehe.. :) take care and get well

DoofusMama said:
Aww.. its your turn... we had flu and COLDS couple weeks now, its seems taking turns.. I was in between kids.. I was so sick but try to stay on feet while helping and care the kids.. then now i am last person again to have flu/colds agian.. i think because of exhaustions and not taking care myself.. but cant help it.. so my fever went down little bit.. flu went away (finally).. now the colds .. been coughing all night.. *yawns*.. I should be in bed now.. its 1:25am, couldnt sleep cuz took good naps..

eh.. throwing up parts are no fun.. I am glad that we are living in the house comes with washer/dryer.. I remembered when we lived in apartment for long time.. it was so frustrated cuz you cant toss throwups or left overs towels or clothes in washer to start.. i had to left out in tub till laundry opens..

hehe.. :) take care and get well
aww i hope that u getting better soon!!! i know u cant help and take kids care... that life...

babymakerdaddy and Doofasmomma, I know it's sucker... it's same with us too...

This thread here remind of me at 11 years ago. That's time Danny, my eldest son was 1 year old. Danny got fever and vomit... one day later got me... I was in the bed with high fever and sick... one day next to my hubby, too... My hubby went to neighbor to call MIL to nurse us and then back to bed with me... My hubby and I were toooo weak but we are brave to share our support to nurse Danny... We keep on sick, sick , sick... Danny, too... MIL came with Doctor to us... Doctor was like :eek: because we (3 of us) are sick... Doctor got us back to bed to have rest... let MIL to take care everything... She take care of us for 3 days until I feel better and fit then Danny and then my hubby... Oh dear!!!!

Some of your posts got me :confused: about "nursing" issues... I doubt either I understand some of you correct or not... until 4 years old??? Did you know that it's impossible for 4 years old to take care themselves? It's parents who nursing their sick children. No matter how age...

I stay home to take care of my children for 3 years mother care after birth until they goes to kindergarten then go back to work.
Accord German law, we (parents) are allow to excuse ourselves to take care of our children when they are sick until our children are 12 years old. Healthy Insurance pay us to compare with unpaid income.

I don't think it's too old

darkangel8603 said:

This is about the age when my son stopped nursing.

My wife told me last night that she is not feeling well . . . I hope she doesn't get sick. Tomorrow is our church's adult Christmas fellowship, and we are supposed to serve the appetizers and punch before it begins.

Back