I Got Approved!!!

darkangel8603

Reaction score
Just letting everybody know that i got approve for candiate for ci!
Now i just have to call them and get them to put me on the waiting list...
I am so happy.

Congratulations! If you can, keep us updated on your CI process and stuff. :thumb:

I was approved for the CI trial in the early 80's. Turned it down. Too much maintennance to fit into the busy life I had back then. So Ian made the CI news instead of me.

Richard

cong. since on ur hook-up day.. don't get high expections ;)

hope the waiting list isn't that long.. i had to wait 3 months for mine.. then postponed couple months due to insurance.

Congratulations, darkangel!! :) Please continue to keep us updated and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Hear Again (who is doing a happy dance!)

good luck with the surgery,but always remember to keep your expectations low or you may be very disappointed. :afro:

Congrats! My son had to wait only 2 months for the implant. But, that was the longest 2 months of my life. Then he had to wait 6 more weeks for it to be turned on. I know it wasn't that long, but it sure seemed like it! Keep us updated!

congrats!

remember when you get the CI...you are NOT going to hear

take my word for it...you WILL HATE IT. guaranteed.

it will take about 6 months before you can make enough use out of it to understand noises around you and interpret them.

keep your expectations low or your going to hate it even more.
be sure your commited to therapy at least twice a week for the first 6 months or year.

however after the first 6 months...your going to love it so much. you'll be so glad you got the CI.

good luck!! and best wishes.

YAY for everyone who's telling darkangel to keep her expectations low!
This place RAWKS!!!!!!

Yes, i am gonna keep my expectation very low.. I don';t want to get too excited and find out the worse.. :D

Back