I frustrated my grammer

That is great sounds. I am proud of patient. I wish be practice on english. I hope be happy

It will take time for you to practice on english. You can start with something small. Do you like reading magazines? Sometime it helps to read some few sentences with the picture to give you an idea. :)

Grammar

That is important to focus on english. I wish be improve english. I wish be better english help you . I do it. i am glad of you I am very proud of hard work. I am work hard time

That is hard work for english you are teach learn how can improve english and more words. That is help you understand with sign langauge. I hope be happy

:angel:

My grammar is awful but I try improve my grammar and my fiancee is helping my grammar to post here. I need read the books alot :)

I noticed myself I write mostly is "but" and "and" and "because" I need stop using these lol.

My grammar is awful, but I am trying to improve my grammar. My fiancee is helping me with my grammar. I need to read a lot of good books. :)

I realized that I always use "but," "and," and "because" because I have a habit to use these words often.

I am sure that you are fine with these words - it depends what you are writing. It is a good thing that I didn't whip you with a wood stick. :shock:

Actually, I am waiting for smithtr to answer Sosie's question.

I am sure that you are fine with these words - it depends what you are writing. It is a good thing that I didn't whip you with a wood stick. :shock:

Actually, I am waiting for smithtr to answer Sosie's question.

Webexplorer, I don't think smithtr understands me. Oh, well..

Webexplorer, I don't think smithtr understands me. Oh, well..

But you could say "We are having fun playing games."
Or " We were having fun playing games."

Two are correct.

Two are correct.

Yes, two are correct. You passed, Botti!!! :lol:
I just wanted to see if he can able to play this game but I don't think he understands my question when I asked him.

Interesting topic indeed...to be honest, I never finished school. I learned grammer from movies and TV by watching them and by structures. Movies and TV come from books and books come from imaginations. :)

Two are correct.

The first one contains the "are" linking verb, which is a present tense.

The second one contains the "were" linking verb, which is a past tense.

May I add a third? "We are going to have fun playing games." The phrase "are going to" is a future tense - self-explanatory.

This is the same idea for Spanish tenses, which uses conjugations.

I - yo
You, informal - tu
You, singular formal - usted (abbrievated as Ud.), plural formal - ustedes
He/She - el/ella
We - nosotros
You guys - vosotros (Used in Spain)
They - ellos/ellas

The form "to be" is ser in Spanish. That's where the conjugations begin.

yo - soy
tu - eres
usted - es
el/ella - es
nosotros - somos
vosotros - sois
ellos/ellas - son

Another form of "to be," estar, is used to express location. Note the conjugations.

yo - estoy
tu - estás
el/ella/Ud. - está
nosotros - estamos
vosotros - estáis
ellos/ellas/Uds - están

Now, we move on to the preterite (past tense) in Spanish. For "estar," use the stem "estuv-". Also, note the conjugations.

yo - estuve
tu - estuviste
el/ella/Ud. - estuvo
nosotros - estuvimos
vosotros - estuvisteis
ellos/ellas/Uds. - estuvieron

This goes on and on - I won't bore you with those (No le aburriré con ésos).
;)

The first one contains the "are" linking verb, which is a present tense.

The second one contains the "were" linking verb, which is a past tense.

May I add a third? "We are going to have fun playing games." The phrase "are going to" is a future tense - self-explanatory.

This is the same idea for Spanish tenses, which uses conjugations.

I - yo
You, informal - tu
You, singular formal - usted (abbrievated as Ud.), plural formal - ustedes
He/She - el/ella
We - nosotros
You guys - vosotros (Used in Spain)
They - ellos/ellas

The form "to be" is ser in Spanish. That's where the conjugations begin.

yo - soy
tu - eres
usted - es
el/ella - es
nosotros - somos
vosotros - sois
ellos/ellas - son

Another form of "to be," estar, is used to express location. Note the conjugations.

yo - estoy
tu - estás
el/ella/Ud. - está
nosotros - estamos
vosotros - estáis
ellos/ellas/Uds - están

Now, we move on to the preterite (past tense) in Spanish. For "estar," use the stem "estuv-". Also, note the conjugations.

yo - estuve
tu - estuviste
el/ella/Ud. - estuvo
nosotros - estuvimos
vosotros - estuvisteis
ellos/ellas/Uds. - estuvieron

This goes on and on - I won't bore you with those (No le aburriré con ésos).
;)

Actually I am extremely surprised, I only answered because she asked him for one and I thought she did not know there were two.

I also thought she made a mistake because I did not know those were verbs.:Oops:

problem on grammar

I have problem show up my english not good. okay i will talk to you more discuss

smithr,

From the way you write, it seems like you're writing in ASL-like syntax.

English is a complex language with a lot of "function words" meaning that you have to use a lot of "a", "the", or "an" in order to use the terms correctly. For example, if you were to say, "I have cable", it means you have a service. If you say, "I don't have a cable" it means differently, it means you have no wire that connects to a TV. The same can be said for "I am taking the pill" which means "birth control", not just a pill.

My opinion is that you would be SO much better off starting with Dr. Suess and other popular children's book... and try to "click" when reading. you also would benefit from having someone who is fluent in ASL and explain to you in English while reading. And then you will need to write/type in English. It will take over a year to get a better grasp of English so patience is important.

Good luck with learning English.

smithr,

From the way you write, it seems like you're writing in ASL-like syntax.

English is a complex language with a lot of "function words" meaning that you have to use a lot of "a", "the", or "an" in order to use the terms correctly. For example, if you were to say, "I have cable", it means you have a service. If you say, "I don't have a cable" it means differently, it means you have no wire that connects to a TV. The same can be said for "I am taking the pill" which means "birth control", not just a pill.

My opinion is that you would be SO much better off starting with Dr. Suess and other popular children's book... and try to "click" when reading. you also would benefit from having someone who is fluent in ASL and explain to you in English while reading. And then you will need to write/type in English. It will take over a year to get a better grasp of English so patience is important.

Good luck with learning English.

I agree with you that Dr Suess probably will help Smithtr to improve English. I still have my Dr. Suess's books somewhere in the attic. I had them when I was a child and now I am.... early 30's.

Back