I am new here, although I am not deaf, hope its ok to be here...

tikka

Reaction score
Hey!

Well, it is probably strange for a person with hearing wanting to sign up to a forum for deaf people, at least im hoping thats not the case :)...

I have always wanted to learn how to sign, a few times such as about a week ago where I wanted to engage a deaf person because we made eye contact and he wanted to ask me a question but I found it really tough to really know what he wanted, so I pulled out my laptop and started to boot it up and he got frustrated and signalled to forget it. I was thinking that if I opened up a text editor, then communication would have been doable. I have had one conversation with a hungarian woman,using my laptop with mobile internet on a bus, so to me it wasn't me being rude but merely wanting to actually talk.

I once was seeing a woman who could sign, she worked in a school and was actively using it, which I admired.

Anyway, Lots of waffle there...

regards :)

Hi, it is not that strange that you want to join here. We get a lot of people with a sign language interest who want to join. Enjoy learning here!

2q8vwow.jpg

Welcome, tikka! You will find many hearies on AD. Here's hoping you find the communication you are looking for.

There are some hearing members here welcome to AD

enjoy your stay in here, im sure that you'll bump into hearies or 'terps in here.. you might find a interesting :]

nice to meet ya!

Hello, we've got a handful of hearing members here. Welcome aboard. :wave:

Hi Tikka

Welcome to AllDeaf Form ! Hope, you will enjoy this site very much, I must admit that I am addicting into this site for five years. :P

We will educate you about Deaf language and culture. Glad, there are more hearing people come to this site. By the way, I try very hard to be NOT naughty around here. Moderators are watching me lately. So far, I am a little bit angel. :angel:

Welcome to AD!
Im a hearie myself..theres a lot more though so dont feel weird just enjoy the forum with us :)

wow!

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Ha, 'hearies' I think thats a cute name for us lol

Also glad I'm not so strange afteral lol! phew a relief :D

If you have any questions, go for it :D

Hi and welcome. You will find the whole spectrum here. That is one of the best things about alldeaf. Everyone is truly welcome.

Hi, Welcome to AllDeaf and please do make yourself at home when you surf or post around on this forum. Enjoy and welcome aboard! :)

Hey!

Well, it is probably strange for a person with hearing wanting to sign up to a forum for deaf people, at least im hoping thats not the case :)...

I have always wanted to learn how to sign, a few times such as about a week ago where I wanted to engage a deaf person because we made eye contact and he wanted to ask me a question but I found it really tough to really know what he wanted, so I pulled out my laptop and started to boot it up and he got frustrated and signalled to forget it. I was thinking that if I opened up a text editor, then communication would have been doable. I have had one conversation with a hungarian woman,using my laptop with mobile internet on a bus, so to me it wasn't me being rude but merely wanting to actually talk.

I once was seeing a woman who could sign, she worked in a school and was actively using it, which I admired.

Anyway, Lots of waffle there...

regards :)

A Big Hearie Welcome To You!!! :h5:

I have felt very welcome here - already made many acquantances and have learned alot. This is a great source of information. And some truly great people.

I honestly came here to learn and get some questions answered, but I have truly enjoyed just interacting with everyone here. Hearie, HOH, CODA, Deaf, Terps...it doesn't matter - we are all welcome here.

At least I think so...:cool:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Welcome aboard to AD, Enjoy your stay in here. Looking forward to meeting ya. Happy posting

:welcome: to AD! There are many hearies here as other ADers have stated. :)

Back