how to sign knight

thewinterknight

Reaction score
do anyone of you know how to sign knight, my ASL teacher has no idea and I don't know despite the fact I'm deaf, that's sad right?

I sign "knight" as if I would draw my sword from my hip and twist my wrist to have my palm facing up and thrust forward.

Simple as that! ASL is F-U-N! (wiggling her fingers)

Show em how smart you are and spell the frigging word! LOL!

thewinterknight said:
do anyone of you know how to sign knight, my ASL teacher has no idea and I don't know despite the fact I'm deaf, that's sad right?

this is what i have learned from other deaf people...

set your hand in sign of a "k" at the left shoulder to the right hip

since i grew up without sign language. so i might not be an expert in signing

:keke: but i learned them, cuz i knew it will be useful for me.

Just say " sword " with the " S " sign then kneel down then go from one shoulder to the another shoulder with your arm using the " B " sign then get back up with your head looking straight ahead in a quiet manner showing honor, bravery and courage.

Castleman said:
this is what i have learned from other deaf people...

set your hand in sign of a "k" at the left shoulder to the right hip

since i grew up without sign language. so i might not be an expert in signing

:keke: but i learned them, cuz i knew it will be useful for me.

What you described sounds like the sign for "king."

Not every word has a sign. I haven't seen any sign for KNIGHT. If someone knows it, I would love to learn it.

If you are using it in a narrative, you can describe it or "act it out". You can include the unsheathed sword motion, the knighting ritual, knight bowing to king, the helmet-on-head, and helmet-front-closing, helmet plume, etc.

If you are using it as part of your avatar sign name, you can initialize it or do something creative. If you like it more "English" you could make "Winter Knight" the way Burger King is done only with W-K, signed like KING. Not too exciting. :D

I saw a sign for knight, simply combine king first then peace together. I'm not sure if it's right or not but thanks y'all for your ideas.

Back