How to find sex offender near ur home?

LisaMarie

Reaction score
First of all IF this is a REPOST then i apologize!!

My uncle is a cheif and he told me I can check out if there is a sex offender near our home and I looked up in the website.. Wow easy to access!

http://www.familywatchdog.us/Search.asp

Hope you dont have anyone near your place since i found i have 6!!! YIKE Good thing im moving out next month! WHEW!

For re-posts of this kind. No apology is needed. It is always good to be reminded once in a while. I see way too many people on another forums apologize when they post something and people say it is a re-post. It does not matter if it is a re-post or not because this really will save lives. I think life saving posts need to be re-posted once in a while to remind people. Thank you and God Bless

:shock: Yikes, 300 near by Sequoias' and my home in Washington State... And, 74 near by my family's home in Michigan.

That's crazy... And I noticed that mostly of them live near by the School, the Park, etc that where kids go to... Better watch out then

Sweetheart said:
:shock: Yikes, 300 near by Sequoias' and my home in Washington State... And, 74 near by my family's home in Michigan.

That's crazy... And I noticed that mostly of them live near by the School, the Park, etc that where kids go to... Better watch out then
whoa!!! thats a lot! yeah!! i notice that also! i think they need to be restrict from living nearby the school or hopsital because there are numbers of people going in and out. The sex offender could simply study and watch the certain kids or people! ugh... Thats why i thought i would post this website my uncle gave me and warn me they tend to live in community unlikely out of country!!! since i live within downtown!! not good area for my boys!

JohnnyE said:
For re-posts of this kind. No apology is needed. It is always good to be reminded once in a while. I see way too many people on another forums apologize when they post something and people say it is a re-post. It does not matter if it is a re-post or not because this really will save lives. I think life saving posts need to be re-posted once in a while to remind people. Thank you and God Bless
Very true! :) Thanks!

Oui!. Its repost BUT it helps to remind us to protects the innocent kids everyday. Merci beacoup

You won't believe what I found. There are 106 offenders in my area, but what's freaky is that out of all of these people I clicked a woman who works nearby where I do grocery shopping sometimes. This lady I have seen before many times. She knows me because she used to work at my first job. I am not applying to work there again. I never really liked her because she seemed mean at my first job. Now she doesn't have that mean attitude. She's convicted of sexual battery.

I was looking over and over at her picture wondering if she's the person I thought she was. I looked up the address of the store, and it really is her.

Be careful people, and try to click to see pictures of nearby addresses, you never know if they are around you.

:ugh:

Detroit, Michigan: 637
Seattle, Washington: 312
Chicago, Illinois: 885
Salem, Oregon: 69
Los Angeles, California: 2,132
Las Vegas, Nevada: 968
Phoenix, Arizona: 578
Austin, Texas:746
New Orleans, Louisana: 893
Atlanta, Georgia: 380
Tallahassee, Florida: 228
Milwaukee, Wisconsin: 1,097
New York City, New York: 1,003

LisaMarie said:
whoa!!! thats a lot! yeah!! i notice that also! i think they need to be restrict from living nearby the school or hopsital because there are numbers of people going in and out. The sex offender could simply study and watch the certain kids or people! ugh... Thats why i thought i would post this website my uncle gave me and warn me they tend to live in community unlikely out of country!!! since i live within downtown!! not good area for my boys!

I agreed with you! The Police should do something because it's wrong for them to living near by Park, School, etc. That digusts me! I would watch out on my kids when I have one or few. :ugh:

omfg I recognize one of them. I have seen him walking across the parking lot. From now on I will keep my eyes on him when I see him to make sure he does not go near a kid. Ugh.

If I had a printer I would print this shit up and pass it out to the whole damn complex.

At the time of 12:45 AM, I saw one sex offender (I don't want to reveal his name) about .36 miles away from my apt. and I don't see any sex offenders in my apt. complex, but I'll never know.

The apt. that I'm moving to (Dec. 30th; heh can't tell you the name of the apt. complex) has 0 sex offenders.

From within 1 mile:

14 sex offenders near the apartment I'm living in with my parent right now.
One I'm moving to has about 2 sex offenders in the area (.55 miles from one offender and .99 miles away from sex offender).

Last edited:
Go over to http://www.nsopr.gov This is a Federal (US Government) site that has links to all 50 state sex offender databases. The NSOPR site will show you a listing of sex offenders sharing the same last name and first initial on a national search of all 50 states.

Lately I have heard that the Feds are gonna pass a more stricter Megan's Law.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/4062292.html

WASHINGTON - Convicted child molesters would be listed on a national Internet database and would face a felony charge for failing to update their whereabouts under a bill the Senate approved Thursday.

The bill was designed to help police find more than 100,000 such sex offenders by creating the first national online listing available to the public and searchable by ZIP code. It also called for harsh federal punishment for sexually assaulting children, including the possibility of the death penalty when a victim is murdered.

The Senate approved the measure on a voice vote. The House is to consider it next week, and President Bush is expected to sign the bill into law.

"Sex offenders have run rampant in this country and now Congress and the people are ready to respond with legislation that will curtail the ability of sex offenders to operate freely," said Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah., who authored the legislation with Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D.

So it looks like the NSOPR will undergo a huge transformation this year or so if the new law passes Congress.

343 offenders in my city of 275, 000 souls........

Back