how to deal?

CreatedNat

Reaction score
The last 30 hours or so have been the scariest in my life. I had to rush one of my baby girls to the emergency room after going to feed the girls. I picked them up, and Ally was fine and excited to be getting food (though she was sadly disappointed for a while, until daddy made her a bottle)… but Amaya was weak and limp. She had been acting slightly lethargic Tuesday, but I assumed she was starting to get a cold (daddy, being a teacher, brings home lots of germs) this doesn’t look like it was the case now. Thankfully we were only sitting in the ER for a few minutes, and they got her back to where she needed right away. Her o2 levels were very low at 91, and after having oxygen on her for 15 minutes, and it not rising at all, they decided they needed to get her to Children’s Hospital, as soon as possible. I ended up going with her in the 25 minute Ambulance ride to Children’s, which was a petrifying experience. Not only could I not understand anything the EMTs were trying to tell me with their masks, but I could also see my little princess fighting so hard for each breath.
She was immediately taken to the NICU at Children’s, and was hooked up to so many wires and cables and machines. They ended up having to intubate her, because after the ambulance ride, still being on oxygen, her o2 was only at 92, hardly better than when we were at Adventist Health. I didn’t know they could draw so much blood out of a little baby… they have tested for quite a bit, she has had xrays, a CT scan, ultrasounds, more blood work than I can think of, and still no answer yet. The nurse just told me they are testing for RSV and Pertussis, and they are also going to be doing a spinal tap. She still is very warm to the touch, but her fever is down from 104.3 to 102.6, nothing they have done has made it better… I am so scared that my little baby is so sick. I have told my bridegroom (David) to keep an eye out for Ally, and that if she even so much as coughs, to bring her here right away.
I may not be able to be on here that much, yesterday was so touch and go that I was unable to use the computer at all. I have barely left Amaya’s side, and although it is very hard to be away from my Ally, I know that right now Amaya needs me more. I am so thankful that my David’s work is so willing to work with him, he has been off the past 2 days, and will be until Amaya is home. I am so worried about my Maya bean… please, keep her in your prayers, I miss my smiling, happy, HEALTHY baby, and Ally misses her sister. I will update as soon as I can.

Why are you on here at all if your baby is so sick in the hospital? :confused:

Your focus is a little messed up.

You are forgetting all the different ways to post! Including smartphones and public WIFI.

You are forgetting all the different ways to post! Including smartphones and public WIFI.

I know exactly all the ways to post. If your baby is sick enough to be in a hospital, you ought to focus on the baby, not telling a bunch of strangers about it.

why... because I am sitting next to her bed while she sleep... watching over her, I am on when there is no nurse or doctor in the room, while she is sleeping, with my hand touching hers... praying to my Heavenly Father that he Heals her, hoping that other people will be compassionate enough to do the same...
my focus is not "messed up" in the slightest... but I am taking advantage of technological progress to find more people who will pray for my little girl.

why... because I am sitting next to her bed while she sleep... watching over her, I am on when there is no nurse or doctor in the room, while she is sleeping, with my hand touching hers... praying to my Heavenly Father that he Heals her, hoping that other people will be compassionate enough to do the same...
my focus is not "messed up" in the slightest... but I am taking advantage of technological progress to find more people who will pray for my little girl.

See Bott, she didn't have to leave to post!

Scary! Sending good thoughts your way.

Ok... so a spinal tap on a 6 month old... extremely frightening... Seeing my little girl in so much pain, and not being able to do anything about it... something no mother should ever have to go through...
but some good updates.
she is off the ventilator! The steroids they have been giving her seemed to have helped a little.
Spinal tap came back clean, meaning she does not have meningitis.
we are still waiting on the RSV test results, doctor said they may take a few days.
I got to hold her and feed her (they have a nasal feeding tube to be sure she gets enough food) she couldn't eat much, but it was good to see her try again.
She is still very tired, she hasn't slept this much since she was a few weeks old. She has been staying awake for only a matter of minutes, normally between 10 and 20 minutes at a time, and sleeping for a few hours until the nurses poke and prod her.
Her fever spiked again, went up to 102.9, but is now 101.8, I am very pleased about that. Thank you for your prayers! I believe it must help! She is in the arms of our Heavenly Father right now... sleeping peacefully. There is a shift change for nurses soon, and I need to call my Bridegroom to see my other princess and tell her mommy loves her.

we are home... finally... 11 days in the hospital... RSV was found in Amaya, we almost lost her 3 times. Ally came to the hospital 3 days after Amaya, also with RSV, but she ended up being ready to be released a full day before her (they kept Ally until Amaya was ready to go home, just to be sure). I missed my appointment with the CI surgeon... but my BrideGroom and I have decided, we are waiting on Ally's CI until her immune system is stronger, we are not jeopardizing her health for her ability to hear sounds. I have had to reschedule with the Surgeon (I will post of the other thread about that). Thank you for your prayers, I'm sure that is what brought both my little princesses home to me. God Bless.

thank you. they are feeling better! and I haven't stopped watching over them. So thankful that my BrideGroom is done with work for the summer (and that he declined teaching summer school) This means that he won't be bringing home any germs right now... we can't have my girls being getting sick again...

whats a bridegroom?

Interesting you make your debut after over 4 months after the little piggie exodus to ask such a question. What is the saying again? Oh yeah... Google is your friend.

After you google that, feel free to tell everyone I put you up to it. :wave:

Interesting you make your debut after over 4 months after the little piggie exodus to ask such a question. What is the saying again? Oh yeah... Google is your friend.

After you google that, feel free to tell everyone I put you up to it. :wave:

duly noted.
:hmm:

Back