How to be Friends after it is over?

I dont believe in friends for life after death of a relationship. That'd be like forgiving and forgetting her for all the time and money wasted. It's like being robbed.

Richard

I think it's possible. I'm still good friends with my ex-girlfriend. There aren't any problems or anything.

ahh very intz....

when i broke up with my babydaddy..it was so hard for me to be his friend cuz we have child together but I LOVE HIM wid all my heart...man, it was big ass tough for me to accept...after i learned he got other female preg...i def. stopped lovin him cuz i knew he wasnt meant 2 me tho...and we remains friends....ofc we had alot of agruements cuz we dont see each other alot..now we do and we laugh, play, go out have fun with our daughter...it meant us to be friends more than lovers..im juz glad it works that way for us...and now i been talkin to my other ex frum 3 years ago...when we broke up...we dissed each other for long 3 years...now we contacted and became friends...and i think im fallin for him again...im tryin not to...it pretty hard...but juz hang in there, mama

Reasons like this MamaBoO I stay away from my exes because of conflict of interests and I need my mind stay clear when I'm with someone else.

Update to this: He refused to talk to me again. Go figures...I did give it a try but he simply won't take my efforts.

I honestly think it is better not to stay friends ..that way I can move on quickly. But of course, it is difficult :(

Meg, dear, you don't need this ex to validate your self worth. Do something to spoil yourself right now. Now. :twisted: :bye:

It depends on the situation, tho I am still friends with a few of my ex's. I do still have feelings for one of my ex and she doesn't, she has found someone and she's moving in real soon, that's like 3 months they know each other and she's moving in! Anyways, to each her own. :)

Liza said:
Meg, dear, you don't need this ex to validate your self worth. Do something to spoil yourself right now. Now. :twisted: :bye:

Ahh Liza..youre right :) Im gonna call my favorite spa and make an appointment for a massage and facial :)

Meg said:
Ahh Liza..youre right :) Im gonna call my favorite spa and make an appointment for a massage and facial :)

Do not forgot to make an appointment for me and include the glasses of wine for us. ;)

Sabrina said:
Do not forgot to make an appointment for me and include the glasses of wine for us. ;)

Oh how could I forget that?! My bad ...yes ..we need to do that :) HUGS

yea...katiez...ur right...love can be sucks...cuz some people break up with thier exes and be with somebody else after long those years..they see thier old exes and they go back together and they remain together..aint that weird

Katzie said:
Pretty weird! But watch out for triangles! :(
:werd: Those can be a pain in the ass when one is still dwelling on the other. I had a friend who broke up with his girlfriend. A year later, he started dating this gal... but his ex-girlfriend would still be a bit over-friendly with him. This mad his girlfriend jealous and hell would break loose from time to time at parties or any social gatherings. :eek:

Yeah, I am friendly with some of my ex dates, but one of my exes whom I wanted so badly, but he preferred someone else over me and got married to her...ahem.. cleveland's the goofiest lady. I was told that some people still spread some rumors about me and my ex date while he is still married to her at an amusement park. His wife knows me as well. :giggle: His wife tended to grill him some questions about me, but he did not bother answering her questions. Really, Our history past is getting too old. Once he is married to her, my love for him was completely gone and I moved on few years ago. From what I heard a nagging rumor, his marriage is somewhat on the rocks... not my problem because he chose to marry the stupidest gal. I am very glad that I am still single (again, my cleveland buddies told me that I am wise and don't get too rushed.. blah blah..it is getting old, too..)

Right now, I like someone else from out of state..I am still speaking to him via aim once in a while (he is busy with his job, etc). Of course, I met him a few times, but I am taking my time.

Oddball said:
Right now, I like someone else from out of state..I am still speaking to him via aim once in a while (he is busy with his job, etc). Of course, I met him a few times, but I am taking my time.

Let me guess, umm... :bump: Is it Bbnt?...

Attagirl Meg!! :D Let me know how the spa thing went.. *envious* :twisted:

^Angel^ said:

good point Angel !! No wonder, bbnt has not posted here much lately due to busy with her. :naughty:

sequoias said:
It depends on the situation, tho I am still friends with a few of my ex's. I do still have feelings for one of my ex and she doesn't, she has found someone and she's moving in real soon, that's like 3 months they know each other and she's moving in! Anyways, to each her own. :)

I agree with you. It DOES depend on the situation...

I was friends with my ex for awhile after we broke up. However, the friendship died when he got mixed up with drugs. There's a lot of drama to this story that I'll spare you all of, but I will say this .. Unbeknownst to me at the time, he and my best friend were together, and I'm STILL best friends with her! LOL If that sounds weird to you all, I have to admit, IT IS weird. And, almost NEVER happens! However, I've been friends with this woman for 20 years and just couldn't see throwing away the friendship. I was also friends with my ex boyfriend for a lot of years before he died. Now, I can't say what would've happened had my ex still been alive. THAT would've been interesting as hell! LOL

^Angel^ said:

Nice try, Angel. It is really someone else whom I am still keeping in contact with. He is not a member here. :nana:

Back