How should I handle this?

So I saw the guy today and was alone with him. He didn't say anything in regards to my being HOH or start joking around. He was actually nice today. This is the first time since others found out about my hearing. I'm wondering if one of the people in my dept mentioned it.

To begin with, NEVER hide the fact you have a hearing loss. Otherwise, there are some idiots who will perceive this as a game. Regardless how close you are to any coworkers, always use an all business mindset, you never know if their "kindness" is really sincere. If you have all your interaction variables covered and child-like behavior ensues, report to your supervisor. One on one communication doesn't guarantee peace of mind, he just may relapse and you're back to square one! Be resilient!

I high doubt believe it,

if suppose jealous, you if suppose, you think so person jealous laugh to , I advise to tell boss,

we no choice handle

help be resolve to boss do it with problem your people..

Boss handle strictly problem on issues policy.

I advise to recommend to write or interpreter setting appointment issues resolve to communication boss!

I ignored to people negative or complaint immature it annoy me I final stress I tell you experience I handle on relax better learn it better how handle! I experience how grow though!.. people complain and laugh swearing immature, I encourage to people depend mature, I think so expect to people apologized owe me it is help better!. people learn mistake lesson job or rule behavior be careful avoid on bugging to people!! that is why! respect to judge people

my point good advise!

If you were being sexually harassed, would you be nice about it? Ignore it? Wonder what to do because the offender had a nice family? I think not.
This is no different.

Put a pocket recorder in your shirt/jacket pocket when you do talk with him, if he blows you off you will have proof that you have confronted him/her about the subject and he continued to harass you.... even the ADA will stand behind you if your employer doesn't do anything the ADA will.

I don't recommend a tape recorder. it comes with legal implication depending on state privacy law but it's illegal to tape-record a conversation without consent in handful of states.

and it can be against company policy to do this as well.

I don't recommend a tape recorder. it comes with legal implication depending on state privacy law but it's illegal to tape-record a conversation without consent in handful of states.

and it can be against company policy to do this as well.
Yes, I would check the law about this first.

The only exception I can think of is if the person doing the recording informs the other person first that their conversation will be recorded. If nothing else, maybe just the threat of recording will shut up the other guy. :dunno:

I'd explain that what he's doing is like

-Taking the belongings of a wheel-chair bound coworker, and putting them at the top of a staircase
-Rearranging the office furniture to disorientate someone who is blind
-Putting on a "queeny" act around gay people
-Talking about how an unmarried pregnant co-worker will "clearly put out"

That is to say, make it clear that (pardon mon anglais) he's being a dick, he's being a dick in ways are clearly bigoted and hateful in a work environment, and that if he doesn't stop being a dick, HR may decide that the company should have dick to do with him.

or say to him you act like total jerk so let me teach you how to sign 'i am a jerk'and here another couple of signs harresment and sack...is he youngman or older...you got put stop to it in proffesional polite way cos these people turn into bullies quicky,fine line between teasing and being bully

Today is the third day in a row that he has not teased me about my hearing. He doesn't speak much but he's not being rude. He's been polite though. I have a feeling that someone from my dept mentioned something to him because suddenly, it's stopped.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, everyone. I'm hoping it came to an end, which is what I really wanted in the first place.

Report him for harassment.

You might tell him you are going to before you do it to give him one last chance.

You are kinder than I am Bottesini, STOP it now. Not joking. I came from the speaking hearing world to instantly being in a world of silence. People still wish me to exist in their world, on their terms. Like I have some sort of choice. A sharp knife cuts cleaner and heals faster.

Just my .02

You are kinder than I am Bottesini, STOP it now. Not joking. I came from the speaking hearing world to instantly being in a world of silence. People still wish me to exist in their world, on their terms. Like I have some sort of choice. A sharp knife cuts cleaner and heals faster.

Just my .02

Stop what? What are you talking about?

And explain it quickly while remembering I am not a nice person who will report you faster than you can blink.

Stop what? What are you talking about?

And explain it quickly while remembering I am not a nice person who will report you faster than you can blink.

Actually, I read that as if there was a period and then you telling me to stop.

I guess you thought I am nicer than you?

I am not, but I can still give salient advice to nice people.

No, no, no, not YOU stop.

Stop this guy from harassing her. I find insensitivity goes hand in hand with ignorance. He needs to find out the repercussions of both.

Sorry, on a bit of a rant today.

You ? O h~ll no, you call it as you see it. Got allot of respect for that.

Actually, I read that as if there was a period and then you telling me to stop.

I guess you thought I am nicer than you?

I am not, but I can still give salient advice to nice people.

Ok, you got there first. I tried to explain. My grammar is waning it appears.

I think it is my syntax ability on my sentence structure as I do not speak as much.

There was not good sentence structure there on the point I was trying to make.

Again, that is for me I guess, I just seem to find that if you are not very diligent and steadfast with people, they never change.

The communication error was on my side. Shows how long it has been since I posted anything, huh ?

I think it is my syntax ability on my sentence structure as I do not speak as much.

There was not good sentence structure there on the point I was trying to make.

Again, that is for me I guess, I just seem to find that if you are not very diligent and steadfast with people, they never change.

The communication error was on my side. Shows how long it has been since I posted anything, huh ?

Better get to work practicing your writing. Mine improved by leaps and bounds since arriving at Alldeaf.

Of course, I haven't shut up since I got here... :D

Better get to work practicing your writing. Mine improved by leaps and bounds since arriving at Alldeaf.

Of course, I haven't shut up since I got here... :D

Yes, agreed.

Amazing how fast it goes. Each day I learn more.

I initially thought TubeTJ was telling Botts to stop being kinder than him, but then determined he was saying that he would tell the guy to stop it right now, without the warning. It can be hard to get one's thoughts across online.
<reading what I just typed & hoping it came across as I meant it to> :)

I initially thought TubeTJ was telling Botts to stop being kinder than him, but then determined he was saying that he would tell the guy to stop it right now, without the warning. It can be hard to get one's thoughts across online.
<reading what I just typed & hoping it came across as I meant it to> :)

You did better than I did !

Back